When does a transit really go into effect?

danman85

From what I've read its much more than that. I think that as the faster moving planet is approaching the slower one is when the effects start to happen. When they are exact is when the effects culminate, and as the transit separates events conclude rapidly.

L.C.

I felt my Pluto opposite Saturn when it hit 28/29 degrees Sagittarius, sometime last year. I didn't realize I'd gone through it until *after* Pluto hit retrograde motion for about 6 months, and then direct again about a week ago. It won't be exact for a few more months, but I'm actually a bit grateful (and somewhat relived) that I've already felt it before it hits exact.

In essence, I agree with astrologer50. :)

For timing of events, especially if its the outer planets, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto they tend to go direct the retrograde and direct, with Pluto this may happen a couple of times, but for 'timing' things i found its usually the retrograde hit that things happen.........
:rolleyes:

It's like the orbs you use for aspects, if you use 10 degrees for an aspect, then you start to feel the influence when the planet is within 10 degree orb, our mind may begin to focus on the planetary issue, but nothing major happens yet as there is a slow build up. We feel it more the closer it gets, when exact the issues of the transit will be in full effect, and the transit fully leaves once it is 10 degrees away. This slow process gives us time to respond to the energy, integrate it and then to fully process the event/issues until it moves completely away.