What is the natal aspects etc of bad communication skill?

PlutoLibScoAsc

There is this one colleague in the office that seemingly not well liked and was being ignored, which I kind of sympathize... He is polite and good mannered but his communication with others doesn't seem to be working. I can see that he is trying to make friends...
What I've heard is, people say that his conversation is boring, awkward, repetitive, meaningless, dull and pointless. What aspects in a natal chart could have contributed to these characteristics?

TreasureForever

He sounds like myself. It can be related to a fear of revealing personal info, making conversation boring, not consciously, so that nothing revealing has to be said. I have pluto opposite mercury, but I expect pluto mercury aspects aren't the only indicators.

Last edited:

PlutoLibScoAsc

He sounds like myself. It can be related to a fear of revealing personal info, making conversation boring, not consciously, so that nothing revealing has to be said. I have pluto opposite mercury, but I expect pluto mercury aspects aren't the only indicators.

There is one time I overheard him reveal about his personal relationship matters to a newly hire. I don't think is a pluto in his case... like you say it can be other aspects.

Hkk

Account Closed
There is this one colleague in the office that seemingly not well-liked and was being ignored, which I kind of sympathize... He is polite and well mannered but his communication with others doesn't seem to be working. I can see that he is trying to make friends...
What I've heard is, people say that his conversation is boring, awkward, repetitive, meaningless, dull and pointless. What aspects in a natal chart could have contributed to these characteristics?

That's just cruel in the workplace. It's good that you care Plute :love:

He is trying to make friends and they are narrowminded. You are his friend. He is trying to be more open and be friends and maybe going about it by revealing personal stuff. If he is genuine then be friends. He is probably coming across boring as he has no one.

Workplaces can be like a school playground but more cruel.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I have to agree with TreasureForever, you could be describing my younger self. I have Mercury square Pluto. Look closer at his sharing personal information. Often Pluto shares in an effort to fit in but because its against their nature, they do so in inappropriate ways, with inappropriate people and inappropriate places and can leave one feeling they'd just kept quite.

MD

TreasureForever

That's just cruel in the workplace. It's good that you care Plute :love:

He is trying to make friends and they are narrowminded. You are his friend. He is trying to be more open and be friends and maybe going about it by revealing personal stuff. If he is genuine then be friends. He is probably coming across boring as he has no one.

Workplaces can be like a school playground but more cruel.

you don't know enough to call the colleagues cruel

TreasureForever

I have to agree with TreasureForever, you could be describing my younger self. I have Mercury square Pluto. Look closer at his sharing personal information. Often Pluto shares in an effort to fit in but because its against their nature, they do so in inappropriate ways, with inappropriate people and inappropriate places and can leave one feeling they'd just kept quite.

MD

can I ask what houses are your mercury and pluto in? if you feel that you were boring, was that mostly in situations related to these houses?

pluto is in my 4th, mercury 10th.
I fear being open in the workplace most of all, worried that ill reveal something incriminating that will set my future/career back somehow. But one on one, I can be very open, more than anyone I know -- even with people from work in high places. Somehow it is the workplace itself, the group, which scares me.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
can I ask what houses are your mercury and pluto in? if you feel that you were boring, was that mostly in situations related to these houses?

Pluto is in my 10th and Mercury in 1st. When you are so awkward you can't finish your sentences you get the sense people quickly dismiss you and feel you have nothing of interest to add. I never thought myself to be boring, quite the contrary but I perceived others to see me that way.

Pluto is in my 4th, mercury 10th.
I fear being open in the workplace most of all, worried that ill reveal something incriminating that will set my future/career back somehow. But one on one, I can be very open, more than anyone I know -- even with people from work in high places. Somehow it is the workplace itself, the group, which scares me.

Yeah, the workplace never worked for me and I turned to creating my own businesses and worked for myself.

MD

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
you don't know enough to call the colleagues cruel

Based on what has been described I have. Trying to make friends. Friendly and polite and they say he’s boring🤔

From an employment law point of view that’s bullying

Don’t tell me what I can say. Who are you to tell me

TreasureForever

Yeah, the workplace never worked for me and I turned to creating my own businesses and worked for myself.

MD

I suppose that works for a 10th house pluto person. Kinda feel I need the struggle of finding my voice right now as a learning experience. I doubt I could do the solitary work. Was this how you got less awkward?

TreasureForever

Based on what has been described I have. Trying to make friends. Friendly and polite and they say he’s boring🤔

From an employment law point of view that’s bullying

Don’t tell me what I can say. Who are you to tell me

I can't tell you what you can or can't say, you're right. Based on what was described, I'm not sure that the colleagues have said this directly to the boring guy. They would be awkward things to say to someone, anyway. But I don't know.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I suppose that works for a 10th house pluto person. Kinda feel I need the struggle of finding my voice right now as a learning experience. I doubt I could do the solitary work. Was this how you got less awkward?

Tenth house ruler Sun is in the 1st house can show someone who is self-employed. Yes, I could go at my own pace and I had plenty of opportunities for success that I didn't find working for someone else.

I admire one's ability to step up to the challenges the workplace can demand and make it a strength. If you have support it can make the difference.

MD

Last edited: