Book Recommendations

holly

I bet this question gets asked a lot!

Can anybody recommend some really good astrology books? What are your favourites?

So far nothing has compared to Kevin Burk's 'Understanding the Birth Chart'. That book is exceptional. I guess I'm looking for any book that matches, or is better than that.

Lapis

Astrology Books

This is one that I really enjoy and I think is a must for a well rounded Astrology book collection. Mythic Astrology - Archetypal Powers in the Horoscope by Ariel Guttman & Kenneth Johnson 1993.

It covers all the Planets, Nodes, Gaia, Chiron, the main female Asteroid Goddesses, the Zodiac, Elements, Modalities, Graeco-Roman Deities and Heroes, Sacred Site locations and much much more. It deals obviously with the archetypal Energies/Gods/Goddesses/Planets and isn't a technical 'how to' sort of Astrology book. It's wonderful for getting a good understanding about how the Gods/Goddesses archetypal energies/consciousness is manifested through all the Planets and Asteroids etc.

The other favorite of mine is Liquid Light of Sex: Kundalini, Astrology, and the Key Life Transitions by Barbara Hand Clow 1991.

This is a definite must have Astrology book IMO! It deals with the main life transits we go through - Saturn Return, Uranus Opposition, Chiron Return, and connects these powerful transits/energies with the coresponding Chakras. It has nothing to do with 'sex' :wink: but everything to do with Kundalini energy and its movement in the body and Uranus Opposition. It was a sanity-saver book for me after I finished my Uranus Opposition in that it answered all the super strange things I went through due to that particular transit. A really excellent book about these main transits.

ninocka

hi

Hi ,

As for books.....
Something really special for you would be visiting www.astrologyinserbia.com first and then my recommendation
is

"The Secret Theory on the Degrees" by Nikola Stojanovic and
"70 Astro Tasks with Key" by the same author.

Feel free to contact Nikola at uran-ns@eunet.yu , all his books are available in English and incredibly popular in our country.

Nina Savic

Elianah

Hi Holly,

Some really accessible books are by Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky and The Changing Sky.

For a Jungian/mythology approach, any of Erin Sullivan's books.

Tracy Marks also has some very accessible books out. Check barnesandnoble.com or Amazon.com.

When I say an author is accessible, I mean that the language in the book is understandable by all and one can pick up different information as movement is made from beginner to intermediate to advanced levels of astrological knowledge.

I agree with Tim that authors are a very individual preference. What you might feel is a good reference text another person may think is a piece of junk and vice versa. Certain authors will speak to different people, based on each person's interests, upbringing and growth patterns.

The other thing to remember is that there are many astrology books on the market and writers go in and out of style. My suggestion is to go to your local book store and browse through the Astrology section. If you feel drawn to a title, pick it up and skim through a couple of the chapters to see if it speaks to you. If it doesn't, put it back. If it does, buy it. Your intuition will be a much better guide for you than any list any of us can draw up. Your intuition will lead you to the books which will help you create your own astrological viewpoint, approach and language.

Also take time to read and post on sites like this. It will allow you to see how others are incorporating and integrating their own astrological journey and sharing it with others.