Random Thoughts

david starling

These would be essential debilities, with the Significator exalted in the opposite Sign: Asc in Capricorn, Sun in Virgo, Moon in Leo, Mercury in Mer:)cancer:), Venus in Scorpio, Mars in Taurus, Jupiter in Libra, Saturn in Aquarius (in this 12/12 pattern, Saturn has NO rulership over Aquarius of any kind), Ouranos:)uranus:) in Pisces, Neptune in Aries, Pluto in Sagittarius, and (the Earth's) Age-indicator in Gemini. What I'm pondering is the actual NATURE of the disability....
Same thing goes for opposites in Native-rulership. I don't see Sun (ruling Leo in 12/12) as automatically "weak" in Aquarius, for example. "Constrained" is a promising, although overly vague description for both types of essential debilities.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Jupiter is the native ruler for Virgo in your pattern?

I remember I mentioned signs in aversion to you a while back and your disregard for them. Seeing this though, there does seem to be a bit of its reasoning in these essential debilities that you have in this pattern.

Also, could you say what some of these placements would indicate, if you were looking at a chart?

david starling

Jupiter is the native ruler for Virgo in your pattern?

I remember I mentioned signs in aversion to you a while back and your disregard for them. Seeing this though, there does seem to be a bit of its reasoning in these essential debilities that you have in this pattern.

Also, could you say what some of these placements would indicate, if you were looking at a chart?

Domicled, Sense of Purpose, Sense of Direction (in life), Benefactor, Exalted, Facilitating Ability, and Catalytic Ability.
Venus is Exalted in Taurus, Mars is Exalted in Scorpio, and I look at those as important rulers, especially Venus, since the Native-rulers move so slowly as to be impersonal.
Domicled gives a sense of confidence, and can be used to determine the Chart-ruler. Exalted can figure into this as well.
A Benefactor gives reliable support, except under the most adverse accidental conditions.

Last edited:

david starling

I needed rulership with its own internal integrity regarding pattern, when including the outermost astrological planets. The one that caught me by surprise was Jupiter as Native-ruler of Virgo, which was entirely a result of pattern. Then I realized how it brings Athena into the zodiac, just as the Asc brings Apollo into rulership and the Age-indicator brings in Gaia, the Earth-Mother. I looked for anyone else who connected Jupiter and Virgo, and found one "esoteric" version that considers it the "highest level" of Virgoan rulership. Also got some good results from Chart-readings. It sparked the concept of "Regulator", "Motivator", etc. because I knew Jupiter HAD to be somehow involved in ruling Sagittarius. That brought in Mercury as Regulator of Virgo.
Another surprise was Ouranos:)uranus:) as Regulator for Taurus.

Last edited:

david starling

Jupiter's now in (tropical) Sagittarius. According to my new pattern, it's not Domicled, since that term is reserved for the Native-rulers. Instead, Jupiter is Regulator, and having the Regulator in the Sign it regulates imparts a strong Sense of Direction in life.

petosiris

Banned
Saturn - Libra 21°
Jupiter - Cancer 15°
Mars - Capricorn 28°
Sun - Aries 19°
Venus - Pisces 27°
Mercury - Virgo 15°
Moon - Taurus 3°

The Ram exalts the Sun for it is the Midheaven of the Universe, royal, heating and drying because of Mars and the zenith, quadrupedal, running, masculine, ovecoming Cancer and configured through superior trigon with Leo - its own domicile. The 19th degree is especially exalting because of the recurrence years and the hind foot.

The Bull exalts the Moon for it is the Post-Ascension of the Midheaven, notable, slightly heating and moist because of Venus and the Good Daimon, horned in appearance, feminine, overcoming Leo and configured through superior hexagon with Cancer - its own domicile. The 3rd degree is especially exalting because of the appearance phase and the Pleiades.

The Scales exalt Saturn for they are the Anti-Midheaven of the Universe, changeable, cooling and death-bringing because of the subterranean, opposing the Sun, superior to Capricorn and configured through superior trigon with Aquarius - its own domicile. The 21st degree is especially exalting because of Alpha Librae.

The Crab exalts Jupiter for it is the Hour-Marker of the Universe, notable, airy and life-bringing because of the Moon and the rising, watery, superior to Libra and Scorpio and configured through trigon with Pisces - its own domicile. The 15th degree is especially exalting because of the head.

The Goat-Horned One exalts Mars for it is the Setting of the Universe, changeable, cooling and injuring because of Saturn and the west, opposing Jupiter, superior to Aries and Taurus and configured through hexagon with Scorpio - its own domicile. The 28th degree is especially exalting because of the tail.

The Fishes exalt Venus for they are the Pre-Ascension of the Midheaven, double-bodied, moist and most fertile because of the fish-goddess and the place, submerged, passionate, superior to Gemini and Cancer and configured through hexagon with Taurus - its own domicile. The 27th degree is especially exalting because of the northern fish.

The Maiden exalts Mercury for it is Pre-Ascension of the Anti-Midheaven, nocturnal, domicile of Mercury, eloquent, winged, opposing Venus and the post-ascension of Leo. The 15th degree is especially exalting because of the appearance and Gamma Virginis.

Last edited:

david starling

I have the Sun as Motivator for Aries, just as the Moon is Motivator for Pisces and Mars is Motivator for Sagittarius. The Motivator is an essential member of each Sign's Rulership-group. Jupiter is Motivator for Taurus. Also, Venus Exalted in Taurus.

Last edited:

david starling

Saturn - Libra 21°
Jupiter - Cancer 15°
Mars - Capricorn 28°
Sun - Aries 19°
Venus - Pisces 27°
Mercury - Virgo 15°
Moon - Taurus 3°

The Ram exalts the Sun for it is the Midheaven of the Universe, royal, heating and drying because of Mars and the zenith, quadrupedal, running, masculine, ovecoming Cancer and configured through superior trigon with Leo - its own domicile. The 19th degree is especially exalting because of the recurrence years and the hind foot.

The Bull exalts the Moon for it is the Post-Ascension of the Midheaven, notable, slightly heating and moist because of Venus and the Good Daimon, horned in appearance, feminine, overcoming Leo and configured through superior hexagon with Cancer - its own domicile. The 3rd degree is especially exalting because of the appearance phase and the Pleiades.

The Scales exalt Saturn for they are the Anti-Midheaven of the Universe, changeable, cooling and death-bringing because of the subterranean, opposing the Sun, superior to Capricorn and configured through superior trigon with Aquarius - its own domicile. The 21st degree is especially exalting because of Alpha Librae.

The Crab exalts Jupiter for it is the Hour-Marker of the Universe, notable, airy and life-bringing because of the Moon and the rising, watery, superior to Libra and Scorpio and configured through trigon with Pisces - its own domicile. The 15th degree is especially exalting because of the head.

The Goat-Horned One exalts Mars for it is the Setting of the Universe, changeable, cooling and injuring because of Saturn and the west, opposing Jupiter, superior to Aries and Taurus and configured through hexagon with Scorpio - its own domicile. The 28th degree is especially exalting because of the tail.

The Fishes exalt Venus for they are the Pre-Ascension of the Midheaven, double-bodied, moist and most fertile because of the fish-goddess and the place, submerged, passionate, superior to Gemini and Cancer and configured through hexagon with Taurus - its own domicile. The 27th degree is especially exalting because of the northern fish.

The Maiden exalts Mercury for it is Pre-Ascension of the Anti-Midheaven, nocturnal, domicile of Mercury, eloquent, winged, opposing Venus and the post-ascension of Leo. The 15th degree is especially exalting because of the appearance and Gamma Virginis.

Is Mercury Exalted in Virgo, or Domiciled, in this constellational pattern?

petosiris

Banned
Sun is depressed in Libra with obscurity and death.
Moon is depressed in Scorpio with loss of light and death.
Saturn is ''depressed'' in Aries for it afflicts kingship with extremely dry qualities.
Jupiter is depressed in Capricorn with cold and death.
Mars is ''depressed'' in Cancer for it harms life with burning caustic influence.
Venus is depressed in Virgo with infertility and virginity.
Mercury is depressed in Pisces with silence and water.

I will check the degrees later.