Beauty

Abby83

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to say that a chart can show a person is beautiful and charming or is it really dependent on the viewer and compatibility. For eg. lets say a woman has venus in Taurus on her asc and a man has a few planets including mars in aquarius or leo that square her venus. Wouldn't that mean the man finds that woman unattractive? I'm saying this because I know two ppl with this synastry and the man IS repulsed by this woman. So here I am thinking that any woman with a dignified venus would be attractive to ANY man. But in reality, it doesn't make a difference does it. She will only attract the right man for her whether her venus is dignified or not. There will always be a man attracted to your qualities no matter where your venus is placed.

Julia Karmic Astrology

In karmic astrology, the 2h is the karmic gift house.
Venus placed there indicates that in this life, beauty will be a tangible asset.
So it is a marker for a universal beauty for that culture and time. The research shows
that people viewed as attractive have advantages in life or business.

That said, of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for most people
it is relative. The research shows that as we get to know a person our idea of that person's beauty
changes. If we like the person, they are more attractive. If we don't like them, less attractive.
And certain hormones will influence our perception of beauty. A mother sees her baby as the most beautiful baby on earth. And in adult relationships, sexual attraction and chemistry greatly impacts perception of beauty.

So to answer your original question, it is not either/or, but both!

Kitchy

Banned
Venus determines one's sense of beauty. Venus attracts what she considers beautiful. Mars goes after tail. Venus in Taurus like stability and sensuality - you could be as ugly as the world's ugliest dog or cat but if you have a piece of the pie and you are touchy feely or good in bed, that's all they want - probably a meal or 4 thrown in for *****s or giggles.

Venus is all about Venus, way more than the Sun even.

A Venus in Taurus is usually all about "what can you do for me?" and that could be money sex power or luxury. Usually not anything else if folks are true. Venus in Pisces, exalted, loves a limp - a tick - a something isn't right here. Venus in Taurus, unless in 12th, would never consider someone who needs healing or money.

theV

Venus placed there indicates that in this life, beauty will be a tangible asset.
So it is a marker for a universal beauty for that culture and time. The research shows

it is relative. The research shows that as we get to know a person our idea of that person's beauty
changes. If we like the person, they are more attractive. If we don't like them, less attractive.
And certain hormones will influence our perception of beauty. A mother sees her baby as the most beautiful baby on earth. And in adult relationships, sexual attraction and chemistry greatly impacts perception of beauty.

:joyful::joyful: Venus in the 2nd House YALL conjunct the Sun :wink: lol and Leo asc but Venus is in fall in Virgo. I'm fine I think. Venus falls in 13 degree Virgo:it says

We have before us a personage endowed with CHARISMA, this elusive and mysterious power that comes from a man's or woman's openness to the power of planetary evolution.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

:joyful::joyful: Venus in the 2nd House YALL conjunct the Sun :wink: lol and Leo asc but Venus is in fall in Virgo. I'm fine I think. Venus falls in 13 degree Virgo:it says

We have before us a personage endowed with CHARISMA, this elusive and mysterious power that comes from a man's or woman's openness to the power of planetary evolution.

I would not interpret a 2nd house placement as a detriment or fall.
A karmic gift is a karmic gift. :)

Rather, the 2nd house Virgo Venus would perhaps describe your beauty.
Seems like a strong charismatic personality (Leo asc, 2h Sun), with refined, understated classic good looks (2h Virgo Venus).

A 2nd house Venus indicates that you have worked on relationships in the past
and this will work to your advantage in this life. The 2nd house Sun indicates a soul
who has worked on the Self in past lives. So you come to this incarnation with credit on your cosmic credit card. :)

theV

I would not interpret a 2nd house placement as a detriment or fall.
A karmic gift is a karmic gift. :)

Rather, the 2nd house Virgo Venus would perhaps describe your beauty.
Seems like a strong charismatic personality (Leo asc, 2h Sun), with refined, understated classic good looks (2h Virgo Venus).

A 2nd house Venus indicates that you have worked on relationships in the past
and this will work to your advantage in this life. The 2nd house Sun indicates a soul
who has worked on the Self in past lives. So you come to this incarnation with credit on your cosmic credit card. :)

Very interesting indeed. can I ask, is your astrological studies and interpretations western based or vedic based? I wouldn't mind you taking a look at my chart and giving more insights. what you wrote sounded very interesting to me. never got such interpretation before.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Very interesting indeed. can I ask, is your astrological studies and interpretations western based or vedic based? I wouldn't mind you taking a look at my chart and giving more insights. what you wrote sounded very interesting to me. never got such interpretation before.

My training is western astrology based.

However if western astrology is seen on a continuum, karmic astrology would be on the far end, close to the next category of Vedic astrology. Karmic astrology is heavily grounded in karmic and spiritual theory, with a goal of helping a soul evolve and grow, and meet soul purpose for this incarnation.

KA shares some of the theoretical underpinnings with Vedic, but differs in style, technical foundations, and purpose. One example of the difference between KA and Vedic would be that Vedics believe in more of a fated life script, while KA believes in free will where little is fated. Karmic astrology can identify the energy in the chart which shows past life patterns and expectations, strengths and weaknesses, and soul goals and purpose. But it is up to the soul to use this energy for good or ill.

Technically I do not do anything fancy. I work mainly with the natal chart, transits and synastry. And only work with the Planets, Nodes, and Chiron. So quite simple really.

The natal chart consists of highly esoteric, coded and symbolic data, and as such provides huge amounts of information. Each astrology specialty can slice off information according to their training and orientation.

I would be happy to take a look at your natal chart.

Julia

Abby83

That's very interesting. Thank you for the insight.

One thing though...

Wouldn't it be more accurate if venus was asc ruler? I mean if for example venus in 2nd house is 7th house ruler, wouldn't that simply mean the person's husband/wife is a very beautiful person instead? Or if it were 11th house ruler, then friends would be the beautiful ones etc.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

That's very interesting. Thank you for the insight.

One thing though...

Wouldn't it be more accurate if venus was asc ruler? I mean if for example venus in 2nd house is 7th house ruler, wouldn't that simply mean the person's husband/wife is a very beautiful person instead? Or if it were 11th house ruler, then friends would be the beautiful ones etc.

I would differentiate between a Venus as Asc ruler and 2h Venus.
The asc represents how we meet our environment, our mask to the world, our expectations of society. A person with a Libra Asc may have a pleasant appearance, and be focused on relationships, in a good or bad way.

The 2h Venus is a bit different. This means the beauty of the native is a tangible asset. The beauty is part of the native's personal resources and will translate into some sort of gain in this lifetime.

In my work, 2h is the karmic gift house for the native. So Venus placed there indicates a gift in terms of beauty or relationships. Aspects to Venus would provide more information. Hard aspects to the outer planets may indicate some restriction on the beauty perhaps, or some karmic relationship pattern blockage.

If Venus was placed in the 7th or 11h, I would be more certain about your interpretation.
Venus as ruler of these houses might indicate that is where the tangible asset of beauty might be more likely to manifest. But of course I would not rule out your interpretation as well.

Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

You spoke so briefly on this, and I was wondering if you could expound. My Venus is in libra in the second house and I would like to hear more.

Libra or Venus in the second house is showing us that you have worked on relationships and creative energy in past lives. This is coming back as an asset for you in this life, and you can use that ability as a personal resource. If Venus has hard aspects to the outer planets, then the situation will be more complex, with strengths and challenges in terms of relationships.

Using your astrology training, can you think about what kind of beauty we might see with a Libra Venus in the 2 house? This would be an attractiveness that connects with people, is in tune with current styles and trends, and would attract the attention of others. The beauty would be a strong asset in terms of relationships with others.

Julia

duenderoja

Libra or Venus in the second house is showing us that you have worked on relationships and creative energy in past lives. This is coming back as an asset for you in this life, and you can use that ability as a personal resource. If Venus has hard aspects to the outer planets, then the situation will be more complex, with strengths and challenges in terms of relationships.

Using your astrology training, can you think about what kind of beauty we might see with a Libra Venus in the 2 house? This would be an attractiveness that connects with people, is in tune with current styles and trends, and would attract the attention of others. The beauty would be a strong asset in terms of relationships with others.

Julia

Conjunct Uranus and sextile mars (both 6° orbs) are the the only aspects.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Conjunct Uranus and sextile mars (both 6° orbs) are the the only aspects.

In terms of how your 2nd house beauty manifests, with Uranus and Mars influence,
there may be an offbeat, trendy, avant guard flavor to your appearance.
You may not be a typical girly girl, but more universal, and ahead of your time.

Karmic patterns are shown by inner to outer planet aspects.
Venus/Uranus is a major karmic love issue. This aspect is telling us
that you have had a freedom/commitment dilemma in many past lives.
You have been attempting to balance the need for space and individuality
with the need for intimacy.

The conjunction is showing us that you have worked on this issue in
past lives and have made considerable progress, and are meant
to put your progress into action in this life.

As another poster indicated Venus/Uranus can be a marker for non-traditional
love relationships.

Julia

Abby83

I don't know why, but from the first post I read of yours a few months ago, I knew you were beautiful, and it wasn't cos of what you wrote haha.

Abby83

Is that true that Venus -1th house aspects is vwry important to show someone's bwauty?What if someone doesn't have any?

Honestly, all these years later i can truly say that it doesnt matter what your venus placement is, nor the aspects. I just recently had acupressure which released my overused masculine energy and allowed the feminine energy to shine through. My feminine energy (venus) was damaged and it shows in my natal chart too. Having this released brought up a lot of issues which i quickly dealt with. I have never felt more beautiful in my life. I am now naturally sweet and loving towards my husband (whereas beforehand my masculine sexual and aggressive nature overpowered). We make love, not sex. Im no longer seeking attention from men and am in fact doing the opposite and being precautious and guarded of my gentle delicate self. Im exercising gently and freely and joyfully and i love my purity and innocence (venus in virgo). I've started to wear lots of frilly flowing dresses and beautiful pastel make up. Im in love with my creativity and my role as a mother and i finally realise that i am enough and that i dont have to save the world (mars).

So to wrap it up, i feel beautiful as hell..... NOW, after the acupressure released past traumas that damaged my venus. And even though venus in virgo is considered it's fall, id have to disagree. Being pure as an angel, delicate, innocence, seeing the light, nurturing through healthy harvested vegetarian food, and being selective when it comes to men are all wonderful feminine qualities and i wouldn't trade it for any other sign.