Stepson

Purplemaze

I have been married for a few years now and my husband has a son from a previous relationship. I am very much interested in having him come up and visit us but..well that hasn't happened. Without going into the whole ten day storytelling event, he lives on one coast, we live on the other. His mother has refused to allow him to come visit and my husband refuses to take the issue to court. So to make a long question short, Will we have the opportunity to have regular (or even one) visitation(s) and when? December 14,2007 8:33pm seattle,wa

I'm pretty slow at doing a reading for myself since i'm still trying to put everything together.

Okay, so to begin with, I am represented by the sun? I think I may have this wrong but are myself and my stepson represented by the same planet (the sun)? Which means the moon becomes my co-significator? How am I doing so far? I think i'm sorta getting the hang of this but getting started, meaning figuring out what i'm represented by and my subject are represented by, is proving a little tricky.)

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Purplemaze:
Yes you are ruled by the sun, leo being on the ascendant and the sun IS in your fifth house (of children and children's matters). However..as he is your *step-son* he is ruled by H11..Your partner is ruled by Saturn, Aquarius being the ruler of H7 cusp and HIS fifth house (his child) is ruled by mercury.
Mercury is combust the sun in your fifth. and mercury makes no applying aspect to your partners ruler Saturn.
The childs mother would be ruled be ruled by the cusp of H8 ( counting 10 houses from the 11th)-jupiter. You will notice jupiter is moving away from both your ruler and your partners ruler...hope this helps a bit....
Cheers lillyjgc

Purplemaze

When you said combust did you mean conjunct? Also for the cusp of the 8th house, wouldn't the mom be represent by neptune? (Jupiter is in the 5th house?).

lillyjgc

Purplemaze:
Combust means the sun and mercury are within an 8*:30 mins orb of each other. It is stronger than a conjunction.
The childs mother is 10 houses from the cusp elected for the child.So 10 houses from the 11th cusp is h8 ruled by pisces -jupiter but jupiter makes no applying aspects-it separates from your ruler the sun and from stepsons ruler, mercury.
The moon and neptune are conjunct in your husbands house but the moon separates making no further aspect.....

http://books.google.com/books?id=pzaPpyZFzpEC&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=combust+and+cazimi&source=web&ots=78C-5EYYkh&sig=k_Q96Z4_gelk22lzFVExF8julPY

Hope that helps.
lillyjgc

Last edited:

Moulin

Thanks Purple :)

Is it possible that his mum is worried about how he will cope being away from her for a couple of days?

I have an 8, 6 and 2 yr old and l can understand both sides of the coin. My only advice (and l don't do horary) is to not push it. I had 5 mothers growing up and the only step l get on with is the one who let me come to her, and it took years but l am really grateful to her for not pushing me into her and my dad's life :)

Purplemaze

Hi Moulin,

Actually whenever I have been around him, we have gotten along fabulously! He is an absolutely wonderful kid and I see so much of our daughter in him. We talk to her about him all the time, but as time goes on, he gets increasingly angry, mostly with his dad, about the visitations. Basically at this point my husband is only allowed to see him if he goes down there. Hubby says he and the ex have talked once or twice about the son coming up here, but for this reason or that it hasn't happened. It also doesn't help that his mother, for the entire duration of our marriage, has attempted to reconcile a romantic relationship with my husband, including some VERY inappropriate things I won't go into. I also find it very sad to know that she is telling him very inappropriate and bad things about me, including "i'm keeping his dad away from him." As far as I'm concerned, whether he's here or not, he's still a part of our family.

I have been playing the patient route for awhile now and have no intentions of pushing anything. My husband ultimately has to live with how he's handling things and I just try to trust his methods. I'm just wondering if that will ever happen. I just wonder if I'm sitting here hoping and praying and nothing will ever come of it or if there is a real chance he will get the opportunity to come and start having regular contact with his dad.

athan

hi there
well...
the moon is sextile to Jupiter(step son) moving to exact sextile(opportunity)in 4 degrees time.We have a succedent house and a muttable sign so it translates to 4 months time
Jupiter(stepson) is moving to trine Saturn(husband)in 7 weeks and Mercury(the mother) conjucts Jupiter(the child)in 7 weeks also... So husband mother and child are meeting in 7 weeks fron the day the question was made. so far so good. I think that when they meet this time sth is going to happen. I think that you are going to meet him in about 4 months. Hope I'm right all though horary is not my strong suit. I would like to have your feed back on the case

athan

Hi there Lilly
you said:
The childs mother would be ruled by the cusp of H8 ( counting 10 houses from the 11th)

why do you count 10 houses and not 4 for the child's mother?

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Athan, If the child was the biological child of Purplemaze one would take the fifth house. The child is the husbands child so five houses from the seventh is the child and 10 houses from there is the childs mother.The childs mother is ruled by the childs tenth not the querents tenth and the fourth doesnt rule mothers so I'm not sure why you are asking.....
The moon is sextile to jupiter but jupiter changes sign into a sign of its fall-capricorn..
The moon is in saturns sign and saturn and jupiter do not aspect each other. As the moon is in the querents eighth it is an indication that things wont come to fruition...especially with uranus in that house opposed by saturn- and this H8 being the biological mothers first house...
Yes mercury will conjunct jupiter but after combusting with the sun and then pluto-INTERFERENCE in horary terms.
I disagree with what you have said Athan. You will notice the prominence onf Neptune on the cusp of the partner of the querent...another indication of a negative answer.
There has to be a major ptolemaic aspect between the significators for something to occur.
A combustion of the sun is not a positive aspect-esp as it moves to cazimi..opposite mars...
Hope that helps, purplemaze.
cheers,
Lillyjgc

Purplemaze

Hi Lilly,

I actually like Athan's answer WAY better (except for the three of them meeting bit):D

Am I correct in seeing that my husband is being a hinderance as well to his son coming up here?
especially with uranus in that house opposed by saturn- and this H8 being the biological mothers first house...
THis shows bio mom's opposition to his coming up here?

Mercury combust my sun-I read the link you sent and have a question about that. It says that a querent significator combust shows a fear or great danger of someone. You said Mercury combust's my sun (my significator) so am I reading too much into things when I see that as concerning him being the source of fear? The only thing i'm afraid of is that the longer he goes without being able to seThe childs mother would be ruled be ruled by the cusp of H8 ( counting 10 houses from the 11th)-jupiter. You will notice jupiter is moving away from both your ruler and your partners ruler...hope this helps a bit....
e his dad and interact with our family, the more time she has to teach him to be negative against me. (Telephone calls while he was two telling him to say things like im fat etc)

The childs mother would be ruled be ruled by the cusp of H8 ( counting 10 houses from the 11th)-jupiter. You will notice jupiter is moving away from both your ruler and your partners ruler...hope this helps a bit....
Hmmmm

Okay Lilly. I suck at horary :)

lillyjgc

Athan: Jupiter is moving to trine a saturn that is about to go retrograde. I'm sorry to be picky, but asking a horary question means *being open to receive the finding* and even though Purplemaze likes your answer better, I still dont agree with your findings.

purple: With Neptune prominently placed in your partner's first house and the moon separating from it it would seem that your husband is *turning a blind eye* towards matters. the child's ruler, Mercury, moves away from the sextile to Neptune, your husbands dispositor...and Neptune is regarded as a malefic and usually only important in horary when angular, as this neptune is.
From this chart I would say that your husband is not active in pusuing the matter.
A combustion of the sun and mercury in horary is not about fear as such- but it is an indication that the matter comes to nothing...Its a negative in terms of *judging the chart*.
The mothers ruler is pisces- so jupiter which although dignified by sign, is void of course, and at a critical* degree-the planet is at its most powerless at that point...And about to enter the sign of its *fall*-capricorn, ruled by saturn, which is also weak and about to go retrograde in a weak sign.Another *no* in terms of judgement.The chart doesn't depict the mother as *negative*- jupiter is dignified by sign, *but has been through a lot *, symbolically speaking, leaving pluto behind..(also about to change signs). Your ruler willl *catch up with her* but not before her ruler *leaves the sign*....another negative testimony to fulfilment of the question...
Mars is in the childs first house and your ruler will oppose it- mars is retrograde until january 30th.I take this to mean that the child does not want to come to you.Maybe he feels it is *too far*, but mars in his first is separating from the sextile to his father's ruler saturn.....Another no.
The saturn /uranus opposition shows the disruptive nature of contact between the mother and father and lots of changes of plan.When saturn stations (this week), it separates from that unpleasant aspect.
As three of the rulers in this chart are in sag, it would seem the mother might be moving further away.It is suggestive of legal matters also and overseas matters...
As the house 9 cusp is ruled by jupiter, but interrupted by mars, (the child,) it would seem the childs wishes will be paramount.
You will notice that the child's dispositor, mars, separates from the sextile to his fathers ruler saturn and also separates from the trine to his mother's dispositor Uranus. This suggests he is backing off from the conflict between the two parties, whose rulers are also *backing off* from one another....
The suns conjunction to pluto in the sign of the mothers ruler suggests the msatter is ended- on her terms.
Cheers,
lillyjgc

athan

Hi there purple & lilly
I am a bit on the run here so I'll have to get back on the matter later on.
plus I think tonight I will delve in my horary books....

Cheers

Purplemaze

Hi Lilly,

I should clarify that I was totally joking around about liking Athans answer better. I did not mean to give the impression that I was only going to accept what sounds good. If only life were that easy. :cool: So I do hope you accept my apology. I did not mean to offend anyone.

This has been a bit of a hard post. With each comes a desired outcome, with each comes a very detrimental outcome. Hmmm. Well I will still continue to look at the chart and compare it with the things you said Lilly. Enquiring minds still wanna learn. Rome wasn't built in a night. (Although my dad says if they had hired him for the job it would have been). See where I get my lousy sense of humor?:p

lillyjgc

Purple: No apology necessary here....This was a tricky chart with three significators involved. Often where you have a stellium in a horary as we have here the answer will either be a strong positive or a strong negative, depending where the stellium falls. I try to avoid posing horary questions at such times. Also we have a lot of changes upon us now:
Jupiter moves to cap, so does pluto...Mars retro, Saturn stationery,and the sun and mercury also moving to cap. REmember Cap is a saturn ruled sign and in horary Saturn is a malefic planet.....
Its always a bit disappointing when a horary doesnt give us the answer we were hoping for- but you can ask this question again in about 3 months- or wait til mars and saturn are both direct before you ask again.
Cheers .Best wishes
Lillyjgc

Purplemaze

Hi Lilly and Athan,

I thought I would update this thread. So far to date, Athan, they did not meet in the 7 weeks you predicted.

Nothing yet has happened legal wise or her moving away. But it's coming up on three months now so I'll be sure to ask again. Thanks for your help. I think it'll be easier to read the chart with all the valuable information you provided and how much I've been learning since posting this. :)