Relocated Charts- Change the time or keep it the same?

loftyleo

Hi everyone-
I'm a newbie- just learning the ropes. I am fascinated by relocation charts but am finding opposing views on whether the time zone should be updated to the new location or keep it the same.

For example- I was born at 1:30pm in Asia. I have lived in the Midwest (USA) nearly all my life. If I change the timezone- I would be born at 2:30am.

Some sources say updated the birthtime as if I was born in the midwest - others say keep the original birthtime and just change the location

I'm in the mist of trying to figure out what city I should move to next so i'm hoping someone can help out.

Is there a definitive answer on this?

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, you cannot change the time. Then you would have a completely different birth chart. The assumption is that you might be born in a different place on the planet, but that the day and the time would be the same.

loftyleo

Interesting-

So when I make my chart for the US- use my original birthtime of 1:30pm? even though it's behind 11 hours from my birthplace?

gem1ni

Interesting-

So when I make my chart for the US- use my original birthtime of 1:30pm? even though it's behind 11 hours from my birthplace?
You need to relocate the whole chart as if you were born in the new place. So the time will be the time it was there when you were born. One way to check this is to make sure the universal time is the same for both natal and relocated - ie different local times but the same universal time.

Alice McDermott

To do a relocation chart by hand you first find out the Universal time (UT) or Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) of your birth. If you were born in Asia you find out how far ahead the time zone is from GMT e.g. Japan is 9 hours ahead so to get the GMT/UT you take 9 hours off your time of birth.

Then, you find out how far ahead or behind GMT is the time zone you are relocating to and add or take off this amount to your GMT time of birth and calculate your relocation chart for this time at the relocated latitude and longitude.

Nowadays it is far, far easier to do a relocation chart as most astrology programs will do it for you. You just ask the program to relocate the chart to a specific place and the whole process is automatic.

Alice

loftyleo

Thanks everyone!
So here is my chart for the city I'm considering moving to. The next place I move to I plan to settle down in long term- i'd like find out if this is a good fit in terms of professional success as well as personal (getting married/kids).
at this point- my options are wide open in terms of where i go next- but i expect my next move to be my last (hopefully)
I have the mars/jupiter/pluto/saturn conjunction that seems to be a complete contradiciton. But hopefully in the right houses- i can be successful.

Attachments

• LLeoDC.jpg
    LLeoDC.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 29

gem1ni

You have node angular here. This is generally good for property matters and may help in making you feel at home. You don't have angular planets, so this won't be a stressful place. You should consider this as a natal chart with all the aspects functioning equally. The problematic conjunction in the 4th is not that good because the 4th rules inner and outer security and home matters.

You should also look at transits and progressions to see how they look in the new place.