squares/ oppositions = drive?

Kuntuzangmo

Hi,
I've concluded that squares and oppositions give lots of challenges...and if one is able to meet and surpass them, excellent! If one isn't up to the challenges, they can spell difficulties, no doubt.
So the choice is in how to handle them.
Good luck!

Arian Maverick

I've posted this excerpt from Astrology: A Cosmic Science in other threads throughout the forums, but I believe it particularly is relevant here.

Many oppositions and squares give a difficult life and obstacles to overcome, but it gives strength and character. These are the people that attain success in varying fields of endeavor. They are forced to use their spiritual muscles and through having to conquer many obstacles gain great power and strength. (Page 75)

Here's another interesting excerpt:

The main difference between a square and an opposition lies in the fact that limitations and frustrations of the square are within the individual while oppositions are losses and separations that come through others. (Page 206)

...and another:

Squares are the innate difficulties within the individual. (Page 209)
Note to moderators: These excerpts combined are within the 100-word limit. :rightful:

There's also an excellent chapter titled "Aspects of Transformation" in Astrology Karma & Transformation by Stephen Arroyo.

Arian Maverick

Last edited: