Four planets in 9th house and more ...

Frisiangal

Hi Frisiangal, I read a natal conjunction an angle the same regardless the planets movement in secondary progression, kind of the same with planets, so a natal Sun conjunct Moon to a tight degree is going to be etched into that person's psyche for life even though the Moon is going to progress pretty quickly away from that aspect

I totally agree with you in this respect. However, it a different matter and doesn't answer the question I asked regarding planets motion NOT crossing into the next house during the lifetime, yet being considered as working through that house. from birth.:smile:

I'm curious as to the link between the 9th house and health matters,

I studied with a holistic medical astrology school. In matters pertaining to health, Jupiter is considered the natural benefic of, and towards good health. It represents the natural healer within one's self when expression of its positive qualities takes priority. As natural ruler of Sagittarius and 9th house, the 9th house is regarded as the house of 'good health/benefits', as opposed to the 6th house that is the house of dis-ease that can lead to physical dis-orders.
When there are are health matters to take into account, one could distinguish between the two in terms of a daily pill or potion that can still allow one 'to enjoy life fully'(Jupiter?), whereas a 6th house complaint can involve something more urgent in the way of medical attention.

Just having a quick glance, I noticed the OP said her health problems started about 4 years ago.............

Health issues become physical once the symptoms have revealed themselves. (Holistic) medical astrology looks at it differently in the sense that there is an incubation period for the disorder to germinate and take hold. This could take a few days, as per the common cold, yet it could take years of 'eating away inside' with the more serious complaints.

Saturn's cause breeds effect manifestation is always true in all manner of life.:smile:

HoldOrFold

I totally agree with you in this respect. However, it a different matter and doesn't answer the question I asked regarding planets motion NOT crossing into the next house during the lifetime, yet being considered as working through that house. from birth.:smile:

I studied with a holistic medical astrology school. In matters pertaining to health, Jupiter is considered the natural benefic of, and towards good health. It represents the natural healer within one's self when expression of its positive qualities takes priority. As natural ruler of Sagittarius and 9th house, the 9th house is regarded as the house of 'good health/benefits', as opposed to the 6th house that is the house of dis-ease that can lead to physical dis-orders.
When there are are health matters to take into account, one could distinguish between the two in terms of a daily pill or potion that can still allow one 'to enjoy life fully'(Jupiter?), whereas a 6th house complaint can involve something more urgent in the way of medical attention.

Health issues become physical once the symptoms have revealed themselves. (Holistic) medical astrology looks at it differently in the sense that there is an incubation period for the disorder to germinate and take hold. This could take a few days, as per the common cold, yet it could take years of 'eating away inside' with the more serious complaints.

Saturn's cause breeds effect manifestation is always true in all manner of life.:smile:

Thanks for clarifying how the Jupiter and the house it rules over relates to health, I'll bare that in mind and keep an eye out for that in the future.

Yeah so for the conjunction to house cusps, I'd never really consider the progression thing, but maybe it has an effect.. honestly it's not something I've looked into. Something that ties into this is I've been studying relocation astrology quite a bit lately and anywhere within 700 miles of a planetary line has an effect which is the equivalent of a several degrees orb. So people are moving several hundred miles away form where some planet is on the MC and having big changes in their lives in terms of career / social status etc. even though the actual planet is say in the 9th house. ).

Frisiangal

Thanks for clarifying how the Jupiter and the house it rules over relates to health. I'll bare that in mind and keep an eye out for that in the future

Although Jupiter itself in harsh aspect has a 'connection' with health issues, its rulership of Sagittarius may not refer to specific health patterns if the sign is on a cusp other than that of the 6th and 9th. Jupiter in the 9th house could.
The ruler of the sign on the 9th house cusp can offer information as to the type of health issue with which one can contend IF the sign ruler is harshly aspected.

Yeah so for the conjunction to house cusps, I'd never really consider the progression thing, but maybe it has an effect.. honestly it's not something I've looked into. Something that ties into this is I've been studying relocation astrology quite a bit lately and anywhere within 700 miles of a planetary line has an effect which is the equivalent of a several degrees
orb. So people are moving several hundred miles away form where some planet is on the MC and having big changes in their lives in terms of career / social status etc. even though the actual planet is say in the 9th house.

I haven't studied relocation astrology, so will accept your word for what can happen to a natal aspect when, through location, it changes house.

:smile:

scarlett_early

BobZemco's LOOKING AT PROGRESSIONS sticky http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=223562#post223562 :smile:

Thanks! That's a lot of information. So, here's a probably silly question... is a solar return chart the same thing as a progressed chart? I'm particularly interested in looking at a solar return chart right now since my birthday is coming up next week. And, when looking more than the natal chart, which takes more precedence? What I mean to say is, say I want to look for insight into my health, or another sphere of my life in the coming year. Would I focus more on my natal chart or a solar return chart? (I know you're meant to synthesize the two, but it seems like one would be the dominant focus?)

Last edited:

Frisiangal

is a solar return chart the same thing as a progressed chart? I'm particularly interested in looking at a solar return chart right now since my birthday is coming up next week. And, when looking more than the natal chart, which takes more precedence? What I mean to say is, say I want to look for insight into my health, or another sphere of my life in the coming year. Would I focus more on my natal chart or a solar return chart? (I know you're meant to synthesize the two, but it seems like one would be the dominant focus?)

A progressed chart for any year is exactly that. It's a 'growth pattern'. How life has progressed from birth to that period in time, how you have coped and dealt with situations that have crossed your path and may or may not have 'changed' you in some way to deal with what is coming next.

A solar return chart deals with only the year in question. It takes a great deal of understanding astrological symbolism to interpret it. I've been attempting it for decades and can still only say, 'Oh yes, that's it' in hindsight:biggrin:. This is more so when attempting to unravel one's own chart because absolute impartiality regarding one'self is almost impossible. Better to let those who do it better unravel a solar chart for you via the 'Predictive Astrology' section.

JUPITERASC

Thanks! That's a lot of information.
That's ok, it's a post from another member named BobZemco
who posted it on another thread
but it takes time to learn to navigate around forum threads and posts
so I copied and pasted it for you

So, here's a probably silly question...
is a solar return chart the same thing as a progressed chart?
That's a very sensible question
a Solar Return chart is completely different from a progressed chart
To Ancient astrologers, it was known as The Solar Revolution

astro.com Extended Chart Selection Page has an option to create A Solar Return
as well as an option to create a Progressed chart
so then
the differences are clearly seen when the two charts are created and compared
:smile:

I'm particularly interested in looking at a solar return chart right now since my birthday is coming up next week.
And, when looking more than the natal chart, which takes more precedence?
What I mean to say is, say I want to look for insight into my health, or another sphere of my life in the coming year.
Would I focus more on my natal chart or a solar return chart?
(I know you're meant to synthesize the two, but it seems like one would be the dominant focus?)
Our Education Board article by Starlink has guidelines on
HOW TO INTERPRET A SOLAR RETURN CHART
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763

QUOTING FROM STARLINK

A Solar Return chart is a chart made for only one year in the life.

The Solar Return chart is a chart drawn up for the exact time when your Sun makes its yearly return
to the position it was on at your birth
. So you have a different Solar Return chart every year
but the Sun is always at the same sign and degree

A Solar Return chart should always be looked at in connection with your natal chart
because we want to see what our natal planets are doing this year
and looking at their positions in the SR chart is one way doing that.

Note:
You can also view the Solar Return as a chart on its own
but it wont tell you as much as when you compare with the natal chart

It is not easy to interpret a Solar Return chart
because very often what we see in there, reflects the hopes and wishes of the individual
and not necessarily what will happen to him/her.

That is also why we have to look at the birth potential

If the Solar Return shows a fantastic career move
but in the natal chart it is clearly seen that any career attempt is going to be non existent
(when the woman is a mother rather than a career type)
or when there is no fire present
nor any ambition to be seen (Cardinal mode)
then we have to be careful. It could be a wish, not a reality.

scarlett_early

A progressed chart for any year is exactly that. It's a 'growth pattern'. How life has progressed from birth to that period in time, how you have coped and dealt with situations that have crossed your path and may or may not have 'changed' you in some way to deal with what is coming next.

A solar return chart deals with only the year in question. It takes a great deal of understanding astrological symbolism to interpret it. I've been attempting it for decades and can still only say, 'Oh yes, that's it' in hindsight:biggrin:. This is more so when attempting to unravel one's own chart because absolute impartiality regarding one'self is almost impossible. Better to let those who do it better unravel a solar chart for you via the 'Predictive Astrology' section.

Ah, so looking at a progressed chart is still sort of like looking back in hindsight, whereas a solar return chart is looking at the year ahead? That does make sense that it would be difficult to read your own solar return chart. Especially for someone like me. :tongue: Thank you.

scarlett_early

Such an interesting chart! If we reduce the orbs a bit to 80% (astro.com extended chart selection) the square and opposition from Pluto drop off. That leaves a bunch of very interesting trines and a couple of squares.

The notable squares I find interesting involve Chiron. Sun square Chiron 4* and applying as well as Chiron square the nodes exact.

In light of your membership having been started in 2008, and you only have posted a relatively little amount in that time, it is interesting to ponder the Sun in the 12th square that Chiron in the 3rd!

Also transiting Uranus currently conjunct Progressed Sun very close to the Ascendant.

How accurate is your birth time?

I've been meaning to ask, how is it that you decide at what degree to keep the orbs at(like you mentioned reducing to 80). I did that and am looking at my chart and am very interested. But what I maybe mean to say is, I wouldn't have thought of changing to 80. Why and when do you do such a thing, and what does it mean? I'm hoping that makes sense... hehe. Thanks.