Career in songwriting

twix

Not that I have much ambition... I would just like to ask if there is any potential for song-writing as a career..

I don't have any special musical education (only solfeggio :) but I have an ear for music and I like composing things from time to time on my PC though I suck at reading notes. I mainly use my hearing to compose.

I also am not good at interpreting natal charts especially when it comes to vocations but I'll try to put some efforts because that's what is required here at first.

So, judging by the chart, I have a Cancer MC with Mercury conjuct MC in the 10th house with Venus also in that house. This may give support to some extent. The 6th house cusp is in Pisces with Jupiter in that house. Jupiter is connected to show-business especially music I think. Pisces also has connection with music. Saturn in the 2nd house may support work related to structure. Scorpio is on the 2nd house cusp with its ruler in the 1st - that would mean independence in the way you earn money I think maybe by using my own charisma (it has caused me many problems but that's another issue).
I really, really am not good at interpreting aspects.
I'm looking forward to your responses especially if there are other ideas.

Thank you.

[deleted swears - Moderator]

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

divine g

Banned
Mercury and Venus in 10th looks like the definition of a songwriting career to me. But Cancer is such a sensitive sign, your biggest issue may be sensitivity to criticism. There's ways of making a career out of music behind the scenes, probably things like producing, ghostwriting for others.

Saturn in 2nd may be a problem though, either limiting the amount you can make, or keeping a steady, but limited income that you would have to budget. Jupiter in the 6th house does look good though, so you may have a good foundation for a career, and it starts with tapping into your own emotions, as a way to reach others emotionally. May take some time, but there's potential.

katydid

I see singing/songwriting as often being represented by Venus / Neptune aspects. You have a 2 degree inconjunct between them from the 3rd to the 10th. That is significant, but you would need to work on strengthening your Leonine confidence.

Moon in Libra in the first is indicative of a Poet at heart. So go for it, but keep a steady day job for quite awhile because it will take some patience.
The Moon conjuncts the SN, so you have been a poet/artist in a past incarnation, and this time you need to align yourself with a partner who will listen to your ideas. [NN in Aries in the 7th]

having the Sun in Gemini in the 9th reenforces the theme of a lyricist, and you do have a way with words. Maybe you need to find a musician to write out and play some melodies for you to start with.

waybread

twix, I don't fhave the patience to calculate septile aspects by hand, but this minor aspect (360/7) is supposed to be common in the charts of composers. Septiles are roughly 50.5, 102, and 154 degrees apart from one another. Note how the tri-septile can bump into the quincunx of 150 degrees, so use a narrow orb.

An easy way to calculate septiles in your chart (if any) is to go to www.astro.com and on their "free charts" page, scroll way down on the type of chart you want, and then click on "harmonic" chart. It will direct you to change today's date to the number of harmonic chart you want. Just substitute the number 7, run the chart, and any septile aspects should show up as conjunctions.

This is just an easy way to give you the septile aspects. Flag them in your regular natal chart, and then interpret as usual, with the knowledge that septiles show where and how you are inspired; and where you may have the self-discipline to express it.

myriellemarcus

Hello,

I have hit upon your thread...Although it was two years ago, would anyone care having a look at my chart? I don't know much about map-reading, but it seems there are characteristics related to songwriting - which I am love doing! Any tip would be welcome regarding a direction to take or not...
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• astro map.jpg
    astro map.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 25

twix

Hello,

I have hit upon your thread...Although it was two years ago, would anyone care having a look at my chart? I don't know much about map-reading, but it seems there are characteristics related to songwriting - which I am love doing! Any tip would be welcome regarding a direction to take or not...
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You have a lot of Taurus in your chart - the Sun and the Moon are in that sign. I've noticed that people with strong Taurean influence love music and singing most of all.

But the truth is that whether to continue in that direction or not really depends on your confidence and motivation. If you feel like doing it and see that many people like it and support you, then you can just go on.

Last edited: