Favorites/Least favorite signs

gaer

AquaScorpio said:
I personally feel the Moon signs in people comes out more (most of the time) and really I think Mars and Venus are more important with those you know. I too hate Sun sign astrology (aka the common persons astrology) especially if some yahoo is gonna base their life and future relationships on it. You should never base a relationship on the sun sign or anything, just use it as guidelines.
I think we all agree that everything in a chart is important. :)

A perfect example for me of how misleading a Sun sign can be is the chart of a good friend of mine.

Gemini Sun

I can't help thinking of Gemini as a bit glib, here and there, changeable (and potentially flighty), a bit superficial.

But the person I'm thinking of has Virgo rising and Moon conjunct Mars in Aries, and she is both the stongest woman I've ever met in my life and the most fearless. In her case, Sun in Germini just makes her flexible and versatile enough to be highly interesting to be with.

For similar reasons, the same thing is true of my wife.

That's why, if anything, I think of least or most favorite COMBINATIONS of signs and aspects plus house emphasis. :)

Gaer

Last edited:

prettypiscesxoxo

My gemini moon can come accross as biting & extremely sarcastic- I make people laugh except when Im making them cry:confused: - maybe its b/c my moon is also in H9 - I do have a pisces stellium but that pesky moon comes out when Im around a lot of people- they find me funny but I need to watch my tongue...just dont provoke me & i will be sweet as pie:p

prettypiscesxoxo

gaer said:
True!
For instance, Libra, in an attempt to get along, make peace, avoid conflict, can be very indecisive and appear to be superficial
Gaer
I totally agree - libras realy dont want to fight but when they try to make peace, they are accused of being fake- they are really very bright, it just difficult to make definite decisions- the scales are always balancing & weighing their options...

Pandora77

I am Libra and I can say I espeically like Capricorn and Aries men and a lot of my female friends tend to be Cancers although I've noticed we always seem to grow apart within a few years of meeting each other. I can't think of any sign I specifically don't like.

gaer

prettypiscesxoxo said:
I totally agree - libras realy dont want to fight but when they try to make peace, they are accused of being fake- they are really very bright, it just difficult to make definite decisions- the scales are always balancing & weighing their options...
There's another side to it. When I'm forced to fight, against my will, it makes me absolutely furious!

aquarius7000

I second that - simply trying to determine what a person is all about on the basis of mere Sun - can be a bit foolish.
I would think that planets, Sun and Asc well spread out in a chart (with a bit water, earth...), say having an air Sun and a Water asc; or Air Sun and Earth Moon - sort of gives a more balanced personality.
My brother, for e.g., is a Gemini Sun - and just going by that - we would, in jiffy, rate him as a two-faced, superficial, flighty, communicative and flirtatious chap.
But it's only his Sun that's in Gem, and his super Tau stellium (Moon/Ven/Mars/Mer) slows him down, makes him quite practical and loyal, and keeps him grounded. Similarly his Cancer asc makes him come across as a caring, nurturing and peace-loving person.
So, we can see from that how diverse and complex a human being is.

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
I second that - simply trying to determine what a person is all about on the basis of mere Sun - can be a bit foolish.
I would think that planets, Sun and Asc well spread out in a chart (with a bit water, earth...), say having an air Sun and a Water asc; or Air Sun and Earth Moon - sort of gives a more balanced personality.
My brother, for e.g., is a Gemini Sun - and just going by that - we would, in jiffy, rate him as a two-faced, superficial, flighty, communicative and flirtatious chap.
But it's only his Sun that's in Gem, and his super Tau stellium (Moon/Ven/Mars/Mer) slows him down, makes him quite practical and loyal, and keeps him grounded. Similarly his Cancer asc makes him come across as a caring, nurturing and peace-loving person.
So, we can see from that how diverse and complex a human being is.
All good points. My favorite example of how misleading a Sun sign can be is Einstein. Even if you throw in Chiron, the Quartet (Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta), AC, POF, NOTHING is in Pices except the Sun. Aries and Taurus dominate.

Now different that is from someone who has Sun, Moon, Mer and Venus (for example) in Aries!

Gaer

Least favorite signs

Capricorn: don’t laugh alot, earthy, can’t grasp more spiritual matters, bland, ordinary, routine-lovers, hypochondriacs obsessed with death, way too serious, too focused on business career

Pisces men: complain, complain, complain, always look at things negatively, always say they’re tired, slightly jealous, not too bright

Virgo: anal, OCD, too analytical, negative, can’t enjoy life, worry and obsess all the time, neatfreaks

Sagittarius: preachy, rude, scary, too moralistic, pushy, intrusive, inquisitive

Cancer: mothery, smothery

So and so signs

Leo: can only shine if approved by larger society and his/her friends, can be too ambitious

Scorpio: can be sexy but awfully jealous, paranoid, spiteful

Libra: my least favorite of the air sigs cause it’s the most conformist of the air signs

Taurus: a bit too boring and slow but do like their taste for sensuousness (I am Gemini with Taurus ascendant)

Pisces women: very feminine, sensitive, intriguing Pisces is only acceptable in women and women are allowed to be lazy

Favorite signs

Aquarius: freedom-loving, understands bigger more complex notions, airy, wise, philosophical, intellectual

Aries: go straight for the target, selfishness that I like

Gemini: my own sign

carrotcake

ADORE leos. Am obsessed with a leo man. His charm, wit, smile, voice, bod make me melt, his passion and dominance turns me on yet his gentleness lulls me. I also have a female leo friend who I have quite a lot in common with even though i'm pisces, she is also very profound and sooo intelligent. I have another leo friend who is nice but drives me round the bend with her hyperness. I met another leo guy when I was in germany and he was very confusing, he was flirtatious and kinda sweet but very argumentative, not sure if he was joking or not half the time!! Not sure what my least favourite sign would be. I have a gemeni friend who I have a very up and down relationship with. She is almost bipolar her mood swings are so bad and she is pretty critical and volatile. Gemenis I guess. Though I'm sure there are lovely ones out there and she does have good traits too.

Capricornius_Aquarius

I am an :aquariusimg:,Virgo ASC.

Favorites!

Pisces-Dreamy,handsome,beautiful. Their daydreaming,fantasy ways are just like mine. I daydream about Pisces and their wonders. Pisces males have always given me the cold shoulder though I still love them. Pisces women are my friends. :piscesimg: :pisces: :kissing:
Saggittarius-Fun and freedom loving. Amazing,but can be firey. :smile:

Virgo (Females)-hard working,smart,and artisitic. I love Virgo women.

Taurus (Females)-People that want honest opinions and are caring. I also admire their stability.

Gemini-Talkers,always keeps me on my toes.

Scorpio-Dark and mysterious. People you can always,always talk to. Loyal friends.

Capricorn (Females)-Capricorn women are my friends. They are celver and humorous.

Leo-Great friends. Strong and they have all their dignity. Amazing people.
Least Favorites!

Aquarius-Sorry for the contradiction. :pouty: Other Aquarians are just too argumenative,they like to give me the cold shoulder.

Aries (males)-WOAH. Try not to be so headstrong and arrogant to tohers and maybe me and you won't have any problems.

Neutral!

Cancer-some Cancers are nice and caring,others are leaving me out.

Libra-some are my best friends,others enimes.

There you have it.

Last edited:

JSWright101

Ok so here's my take...

Favorites in no particular order:
Aquarius
Libra
Aries
Scorpio
Cancer

Indifferent:
Leo (not so indifferent as mixed)
Pisces
Taurus
Capricorn
Sagittarius (can be annoying but likeable too)

Dislike:
Virgo
Gemini

Ok so here's why:

Aries: I hardly know any Aries men so my review there is weak but the Aries women (heavy fire sign charts too) I met have been great friends. WONDERFULLY vivacious and I just love their sort of whirl of energy. I also think they are reliable friends and while definitely egocentric they do notice what's going on around them (just takes them a good amount to care).

Taurus: Don't know many...my piano professor is a Taurus moon and we get along very well. She's also a Gemini sun which seems to bode well with me in friendships but we'll get to Geminis next. In theory their freedom with resources and benevolent nature is attractive (my large number of planets in Earth signs definitely appreciates them too).

Gemini: I love them and I HATE them. I really actually have a MAJOR thing against a lot of mutable signs: too ***ing flimsy. My ex is a Gemini with a Capricorn moon and he perfectly embodies the sort of careless, wreckless, emotionless, superficial qualities that that combo gives. I call it the Daisy Buchanan complex (The Great Gatsby): good conversationalists who know a little about everything but never enough to really know anything, who pretend to care but don't, and who float around life shattering things nearby without knowing that anything in the room's moved. Yes, I'm bitter. On a side note, both my Vocal professor and my Piano professor are Gemini's and they love me...and it's mutual. Note I have a Gemini moon in my 12th house.

Cancer: Love them. Especially the girls...they're so sweet and caring. Can be boring at times but my first instinct is to just want to hug them. They're reliable too. My best friend is a Cancer. Now she's not that soft exterior nor is she ever boring but that's because she's a Scorpio moon and boyyyyy is she intense. My rising sign is Cancer so it's a natural pairing.

Leo: Don't know toooo many but my general impression is very fun but don't hang out more than maybe four times...that's when it starts to be a soap opera.

Virgo: Ok...as a general rule when I don't like someone I check their chart and find they're a Virgo or have reeeeally busy sixth houses. Maybe it's that I don't like them in the work place perhaps because that's where I've generally met them but they seem to NEVER see the forest for the trees so to speak. They lack any vision whatsoever and they have a sort of disgusting sense of duty for no apparent reason to whatever society tells them. Legalistic. On a side note my voice teacher is a Virgo rising and I love her...it makes her cute (I'm drawn to self-conscious types as my Cancer side just wants to mother them...and it flares out in her a bit at times).

Libra: I love them. One of my best friends is a Libra and I really can't hold anything against them for a long time. I'll forgive them instantly. However, they are soooo narcissistic. I really think that it's a bit mixed up with Aries/Libra on who the real narcissists are. Aries openly focuses on themselves but Libra's energy is sooo much more pervading. Like that friend of mine: they're all about loving people...equally...not really because they love people but they really love what people make them feel like. Anyone who has ever met this guy loves him and thinks he's the nicest guy in the world while he frankly doesn't care about any of them: he just likes everyone thinking he does. Not loyal in the least and have little sense of individual duty as they are so 'balanced' as to not view things in the hierarchies that at times are necessary.

Scorpio: I love them...a lot. But it's because I have heavy Pluto aspects and I act like a Scorpio at times. They're intriguing.

Sagittarius: They're odd...my roomate of two years is a Sagittarius. I consider him a brother but I can't stand the ******* at times. They always think they're smarter...and more logical..as they say some of the most incoherent things I've ever heard. They're also pretty introverted but they'd never know it. They don't get that someone who wanders around aimlessly all of the time hardly saying anything is not all that socially active...

They're also really lazy and they're those people who never did an assignment in their life but the teacher likes them enough to not fail them and so their GPA is a competent 3.6 on a 1.5 work effort.

There's another type of Sagittarius though that's much more extroverted and they're also less happy-go-lucky/more aggressive - I watch out for those.

Capricorn: I like them. I'm attracted to them. I have a lot of Capricorn influences myself. However, I also watch out for them because unless you throw in some water and air they are going to be either completely stoic and emotionless or might develop the Virgo lack of any vision. I have Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, and Mercury here and I can definitely relate. My favorite thing about them is how they approach knowledge. Sooo many types (Air especially) are so idealistic in their vision. Capricorns are idealists too but they realize the work involved and the difficulty of the task. While they seem skeptical (this is my Capricorn Mercury speaking) it's because they want to prune away the chaff that makes their vision murky. (I, for instance, am one of the most liberally-oriented person I know politically but on political forums and in real life many people mistake me for being a Republican because I argue with liberals so often...it's actually because I have very founded beliefs and I find any wholes in their arguments as disgraceful to what I believe...so I trounce them). I like that they're balanced in an intellectual sense.

Aquarius: I love them...I'm an Aquarius myself. I want intelligent conversation and they give it to me. They're also REALLY weird and so our bizarre-ness cliques. Their biggest problem is that they love people so much they seem to care more than they ever do. I had someone I considered my best friend pretty much just stop seeing me because she was slightly busy and spending time was too much effort...even when I was going through a tough break-up...whatever the issue doesn't matter because they're often not there to lend a hand. I feel that a really good Aquarius requires water signs as well to make them feel and show it. (I'm very partial to the Air/Water combo which I have myself as I find it the key to a really great artist: emotion-water combined with intellect and vision-air).

Pisces: I like them in theory. I have a Pisces MC and I think they're very key to everyone. However, I really don't get along well with heavily mutable people and for instance a newer roomate is a Pisces with a Gemini rising. She absolutely destroyed her last boyfriend and didn't see how she could possibly be damaging at all because she just doesn't get it/care. I find mutable signs to be backstabbing and cranky too...they're also immature (many signs are but their breed is more akin to a sort of naive 'he did this so he deserves this' concept of the world).

So that's me with them (the zodiac).

Last edited:

babarobot

Really, only two stand out to me. There's something about air signs....
Least favorite:
Gemini: As many say, they can be pretty bi polar. However, I've found they make great friends. Need someone to introduce your different groups of friends at a party? Get a Gemini. Want someone who will be up for that spontaneous road trip. Gemini again. Want a friend you can always rely on? Probably not a Gemini. They're fun, they're interesting but the whole attention span of a goldfish thing can get old quick. But I don't feel its intentional on their part. My view is probably colored by my experience by a former friend who was a Gemini born with Gemini rising, along with most of his major planets their. He was the epitomy of the two faced, more than slightly crazy Gemini. However, my best friend is a Gemini and we get along famously.
Libra: For some reason, romantically I only seem to attract Libras. I get along with them fine-until it moves into a relationship. Fantastic for a few months, then the whole them being so focused on the relationship being "fair" to them that they completely forget about others feelings as to whats fair. Also, the whole trying to please everyone else and taking your partner for granted thing gets old fast.

lilllybelle

I'm also in the acquarius is boring camp, and I wonder if it has something to do with it being a fixed air sign. Air needs to be constantly moving for it to be refreshing. It is uncomfortable being in a room where the air is stagnant and barely circulating. Mutuable and cardinal air get to circulate a lot more.

AquaScorpio

I'd like to revise my likes/dislikes, since I know about astrology more now, and wasn't thinking too much when I originally posted my list:

Libra- Although sometimes I can't stand the indecision...they're very charming, fair and social. Things I really enjoy. Sometimes can't do things on their own but in the long run, they possess my most favorite traits
Cancer- Idk if it's my Scorpio influence but somehow I'm either very attracted to them or they are to me, on a friendship level. They can be social despite the "homebody" stereotype they get. Very loyal, sometimes overly sensitive, but fun people to be around
Gemini- Not someone I would ever date, but as a friend, Geminis are a blast to be around. They may be fickle, but they are never boring and are very good at coming up with things to do, when it seems like there's nothing to do
Leo- This may be due to my Sun being in my 11th house but I've always liked Leos. Never a dull moment at a party with a Leo and they're never hesitant to entertain.

NEUTRAL:
Pisces- Too sensitive but they're dreamy nature can be quite attractive. It's when they become very irrational when I say "seeya later!" They can be kooky tho sometimes, which is never a bad thing =p
Aries- A little hard-headed sometimes but they're brave and bold, and the fiery nature is attractive to me.
Scorpio- Intense, passionate, and the ladies are usually sexy. However, they are way to controlling and not very fair sometimes
Capricorn- Although they can be quite dull at times, I've met a few wacky ones...perhaps they were on the cups of Aqua or Sag ;) They're work ethic is something I look up to
Aquarius- Some I've met can be arrogant but really they love humanity as a whole which leads to them usually being fair and actually caring. The detachment makes them appear robotic however
Sagittarius- I usually like people of this sun sign but they can be way too arrogant and lazy sometimes...two things I don't really like much. Fun to travel with tho ;)

BLAH!:
Virgo- If a person acts like a typical Virgo...this is the sign I loathe the most. Try to criticize me on something and you'll get it much worse from me! I grow tired of hearing them analyze each and every little thing
Taurus- Like a rock...not everything's about material possesions either!

lilllybelle

My feelings towards different signs seems to shift and change at times.

Aries- I like them whey they are vibrant, alive, fun and mischievous. They irritate me to no end when they think they are superior to others, have an exagerated sense of how wonderful they are and put others down in a harsh way to make themselves feel better.

Taurus- I've learned to appreciate them with the years. I don't want to marry one or hang out with them a lot, but I deeply admire the way they are grounded, slow to ruffle, calm and good with their money. I connect with them more as I get older. They used to bore me.

Gemini- I love them. This is the sign I would choose to be stuck on a deserted island with. When I was younger, they didn't stimulate me, but now I think they are totally fun. I'm a gemini myself, and it's embarresing to admit how much stock I put in someone being fun or stimulating.

Cancer- I used to connect with them deeply, but I don' think I need a mother figure as much in my life now. I have a chemical type draw with them, but I'm a little hesitant of them because they know how to manipulate me and get me right where they want me.

Leo- They bore me, but occasionally I'll meet one that glows with sunshine. I used to spend more time with leos when I was younger, but their narcissm gets to me now that I'm a little older.

Virgo- I love them. They understand me, and I know how to respond to thier needs. I respect their cautious, shrewd nature. Occasionally, I'll meet a highstrung nasty one, but overall I love them.

Libra- I go through phases sometimes where I spend all of my time with libras, and I throughly enjoy myself then I loose intrest in them again.

Scorpio- I love moon in scorpios. They make me feel safe and secure.

Sag- I don't have much of a connection with them....Well, one of my bestfriends is a sag. He's been a friend of mine for many years, but sometimes I want to take a needle and stick it in his hot air ballon, so he'll get off his soap box.

Caps- I'm slowly developing an appreciation for them. I like the way they are disciplined. I didn't connect with them much when I was younger.

Acq- They bore me, so I seldom interact with them.

Pisces- This is anothe sign that I'm developing an appreciation for. I was too firey when I was younger too slow down and appreciate pisces.

estrella

Many of my best friends and all of my significant romantic relationships have been with Sun in Leo people. I am a Pisces and Leo is on my MC, so I guess we click in that way. I'm also a cat lover-I have 3 furry felines plus one human Leo in my house right now. Go figure.

The only thing I've had trouble with is people with Mars in Cancer. I know that there is a high and low expression of every planet and sign. And I'm sure that there are Mars in Cancer people that are passionate and nurturing and lots of other positive things. But.....unfortunately I've only experienced the pathologically manipulative kind with massive moodswings.

smilingsteph

Im not liking Leo's too much anymore.
I used to, but I find the following (not to offend anyone)
They are super concieted and talk about themselves constantly
Or
They have such low-esteems! It is irritating to have a Leo around asking if this is okay or that is okay...looking for approval everywhere but from inside.
Or
They are always trying to save someone else. A savior complex.

athan

Scorpios love them
Scorpios hate them

The good thing about them is that they destoy themselves without any help of me...

lol