Astrology Newbie.. With a question :)

Atruism

Hi all,

I used to laugh when people mentioned the word 'Horoscope'. :38:

What a bunch of brainless... Well I've guess you've heard it all before.

But then last year (2006) I finally decided to look at all this 'astrology stuff'.

Interesting, to say the least.

Although I still do take it with a pinch of salt.

And, today I just discovered this site.

Nice.

Here's my question...

Where do I get an avatar from?

Thanks everyone for any advice in the future! :69:

Pisceanfool

Welcome Atruism,

I dont think anyone is born a believer, i too used to think it was a huge scam. It is good that you take it with a grain of salt, the stars impel but do not compel. Some people over interpret and use aspects as a sort of crutch. No matter what the books say, your own actions define you. :)

You can get an avatar from any site or from any file on your comp by going into the User CP and entering the pathname or URL. You do have to make it kinda small tho. (i hope that helps)

I cant decide what my avatar is gonna be yet, i just joined too ><

Howl

Hi there,

I had to ask about avatars too :p I found mine via an "image" search on google. My advice is: search for the kind of images you want, download/save them to your computer, and then upload them using the User CP panel on this site. Enjoy the forum :)

Belgianmoonguy

My avatar is the house number from the last house my dad lived in before he moved to where we live now... (How Cancer, an past house of where i lived in :38: )

And the house nr is 9, same as my Destiny Number and Full Name number

Are you a SAg born in the Rabbit year in China (1963/ 1975/ 1987, +/-12)? May be that's why you use a Bunny as an avatar, but there can be other reasons too off course.

Atruism

Thanks for the welcome!

Pisceanfool - Good comments/tips.

Howl - Cheers.

I did a search using the key words 'avatar' and 'image'...

Found a picture of a bunny.
Changed it around a bit (using MS Paint).
And hey presto, my new avatar!

:) :) :)

Belgianmoonguy - Nice number. It's great when there's a story behind an avatar. I chose the bunny because I knew I'd be editing it in Paint and therefore it would be easier to edit when compared to some other more complicated images. Interesting point though.

Last edited:

Atruism

Thanks Watersign.

Yeah, the people around here seem pretty cool.

Nice photos by the way.

Of course a lot of them were Wedding photos, so unfortunately I did get a few shivers down my spine.

I remember one photo ... A ladies hand clearly showing her new wedding ring.

At the time I was thinking about what caption I would put with the photos.

And, on this occassion, the very first word that entered my mind was...

Gotcha!

Thanks once again :)

Watersign

Hi Atruism,

What pic is that with the wedding ring? How come you got a shiver down your neck? I used to ABHORE weddings but it's something a lot of photographers do to make a buck. In the beginning a shot them very, very cheap to get pictures to sell myself. Now I charge a little more than most people want to pay because they're not worth the effort for little money.

Great hearing from you best of luck with all your trines. Do your trines mean life is easy? My chart is very hard.:rolleyes:

Atruism

G'day Watersign,

"What pic is that with the wedding ring?"

I've attached the picture to this reply. The date was Feb 10 2006.

"How come you got a shiver down your neck?"

Let's just say I'm not that big on the whole wedding / religious thing :)

"I used to ABHORE weddings but it's something a lot of photographers do to make a buck."

Yeah, it's like all photographers have to do weddings... As a form of punishment!

"In the beginning a shot them very, very cheap to get pictures to sell myself. Now I charge a little more than most people want to pay because they're not worth the effort for little money."

Well if the testimonials are any indication, you're doing a great job :)

"Great hearing from you best of luck with all your trines. Do your trines mean life is easy?"

I have trines?

"My chart is very hard."

When I finally work this astrology stuff out (in about 100 years time) I'll give it a shot and analyse it for ya :)

Cheers.

Attachments

• Gotcha.jpg
    Gotcha.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 51

Watersign

Hi,

You're certainly a charmer! In the case of that bride, she was in a very unfortunate position. She had been with the groom for years and years basically married without the certificate. They had a child together etc. Her husband was in the what's it called? The army reserve. So you think you're just going to be in the army on the weekends and they were about to send her husband to Iraq. So a month later the soldier's father asked me to do a family portrait before he left. They were a really patriotic, nice family. The soldier's older son from a previous marriage was really broken up about it.
Here's a picture of the son. This picture makes me want to cry.
Picture

You can see more pictures here

This Iraq BS was tearing them apart for no good reason and they were trying to have the best possible attitude about it.
So, I imagine that "gotcha" wasn't on her mind. So sad. I'm going to ask her how she's doing. She works as a manager at Starbucks and it just so happens that we went to the same high school and we were on the same tennis team though she was younger and we never really spoke.

But weddings aren't my favorite thing either. Where I live on Long Island, they can get really vulgar and ostentatious. Like a wedding is every girl's "coronation". Not my market, needless to say. I don't even know how to talk to people like that. Because they're serious. I do acknowledge that what I'm describing is cultural but who am I to judge?

Oh, and the soldier I was describing I'm going to take his cousin to small claims court for the $200 he owes me. It's amazing people in the same family can be so different.

Sorry for not discussing astrology.:eek:

Atruism

The compliment...

It's a real 'black or white' thing for me.
You're in the white category because you bothered to say 'hi.'

The story / soldier...

That's quite a story.
That man is a hero in my eyes.
And that doesn't surprise me, due to the fact that he is part of such a patriotic family.
Incidentally, that father deserves a big high five!

The older son...

I can certainly sympathize with this boy.
But I am also confident that his family will be there for him when required.
I get a good 'vibe' from the family portrait.
And let me assure you that my 'vibes' have helped me out, in a big way, in the past.

Gotcha...

You are absolutely correct Watersign, the word 'gotcha' was not on that woman's mind.
The joke was a generalisation and certainly does not apply to this particular woman.
My apologies for creating that perception.

The woman...

I'm glad to hear that you'll be contacting her.
I'm sure you'll make her day!

Weddings...

Every job has its ups and downs.
I try to concentrate on the 'ups.'

$200...

When you think about it, perhaps you might become richer if you don't pursue the matter?

Astrology...

That's okay, I'm still busy checking out this place.
Maybe next time!

Thanks for the reply!

Bye :)