Here's my chart.

Munch

I asked in the horary section about staying with my current employer or looking for something else. Sethi has graciously offered to examine my natal chart in relationship to this question. Thank you Sethi.

[Astrology requests can not be directed to a particular members or members - All members can respond to all astrology requests - Moderator Note: Modified title to make this a general astrology request]

Ahh, that's why I put it here instead of via PM. I still need Sethi to know that it's here. If you know a way, please do so. Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw_74487_11949.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw_74487_11949.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi munch,

you are very good with the astrology already, but i will offer a few thoughts because i like you.. saturn rising tends to underestimate its abilities, perhaps offset with jupiter conj and rising as well, but either way whoever you work for is lucky to have you as i see it.. i wonder if you have thought seriously about working for yourself.. reason i say this is ruler of your sun in the first is asking for greater independence as i see it.. you would be well suited to some home based business which focuses on the planets in your 3rd and 4th house.. these 3rd house planets are again directly connected to the jupiter rising in the 1st conjunct your sun/mercury ruler.. venus is at the sun/uranus midpoint and sun is 45 to uranus which is interesting.. ruler of the 2nd mars in the 5th with uranus in the 2nd is also an interesting consideration here..

now, i realize i didn't answer your question!!! i sent you off in a different direction, lol... okay here is a short response to your question.. whenever the outer planets hit on the angles they suggest change.. whether this comes about through your actions, or outside actions thrown your way is an ongoing question for astrology..

t jupiter is in a favourable position to your sun here while t saturn is moving over natal pluto and pof.. any decision you make might appear to be a tough one.. the t jupiter will help you here.. i am curious why you ask the question.. perhaps you like your job but wonder if you aren't living up to your potential? this can be the case with someone who is watching their life move along while not realizing bigger goals that take a longer time to realize.. everything takes time and the cappys usually have a long term game plan and vision of where they want to be out into the future.. janus the 2 headed god likes to look back and forward and it is the god of january!! all the best munch. you will figure it out one way or another.. cheers james

Last edited:

Munch

Thank you James. My sincere apologies in my severely delayed response.

I'd love to work for myself! I just (as you pointed out) lack the confidence to do so and am not sure what I'd like to do....or maybe that's a lie.

My boyfriend recently picked up playing drums again and is now in an extremely good band that will likely go places. I can't say enough good things about them! :) I bring this up though because watching them play and seeing them record, etc has reminded me of my childhood dreams of singing. I feel inspired to sing again, but am not sure where to begin and given my extreme stage fright and need for privacy in real life (though I'm unusually open online) I, of course feel kind of defeated before I begin. Still, its there tickling away at the back of my mind. Perhaps I just need to not only get honest with myself, but 'grow a pair,' to pursue it.

sandstone

Banned
munch - thanks,

it sounds like you would like to go into be a promoter, or manager for your bf's band... i think you underestimate your abilities.. i think this is saturn rising.. or perhaps you know you are just as good as others, but you are secure in your reluctance to go for it.. crazy way to think of all this hey?

retinoid has a good idea which is off the focus in the 3rd i believe, which goes into what you seem to be suggesting in your post - could i be a promoter, or manager for my bf's group, or something like that? i think you could.. start with baby steps and work out from there.. rome wasn't built in a day and yadda yadda yadda... you may not need the limelight, but it would give you immense satisfaction to be a strong link in someone else's success which i think you could really help make happen.. some ideas from the woodpile... take what you like and leave the rest. cheers james

Munch

That's not what I meant at all.

I don't want to have anything to do with his career at all. That's HIS baby and HIS space to be him without my influence and I wouldn't dream of intruding. I meant that the desire to create music is beginning to stir within me again. I do enjoy helping other people though, and I love to do studio work so maybe sticking to that for now. :)

I was a promoter and agent and it's a nightmare gig. I'll pass. lol.

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
hi munch,

since you have done this work already, you have first hand knowledge of the type of situations that you would find yourself in, which doesn't sound like your cup of tea!

i am curious to know what you meant or had in mind with this comment of yours from earlier "I'd love to work for myself! I just (as you pointed out) lack the confidence to do so and am not sure what I'd like to do....or maybe that's a lie." perhaps it is the singing that you are referring to and it makes sense with your chart too..

i mostly see some type of 3rd house art work activity based on the moon position applying to venus with both applying to neptune... those are quintiles from the saturn/jupiter to the moon/venus as well which suggests talent in combining all the energies implied.. being in the limelight or seeking the limelight is not something i think of some much due the fact you have much of your chart below the horizon.. i think you are driven more by subjective needs then the need to achieve some type of worldly status.. the reason i think this is do to with the difference between a day and a night chart.. worldly success is more of a day chart type need as i see it..

if you are intent about the singing then just do it.. the more you do it, the more likely it will manifest a number of opportunities for you as you keep doing it.. cheers james

Munch

hi munch,

i am curious to know what you meant or had in mind with this comment of yours from earlier "I'd love to work for myself! I just (as you pointed out) lack the confidence to do so and am not sure what I'd like to do....or maybe that's a lie." perhaps it is the singing that you are referring to and it makes sense with your chart too..

I hate working for other people. I hate the fact that they profit off of me and that I get stuck making **** wages, but I am also very gun shy about striking out on my own. This is mostly because I don't feel like I have any real and marketable talents. *cue cheesy violins*

I had a lot of discouragement growing up and my childhood was so bad and so isolated that I to this day am STILL learning how to interact with the rest of the world. The only thing that I can remember my dad ever saying to me consistently was, 'Think Lila, damnit, think!' Of course, I WAS thinking, just not like him and whats more is he never interacted with me positively so I never really knew what I was missing when he said that. That alone probably wouldn't be so bad but it was usually accompanied by violence or severe wrath so I just became fearful of my ability to THINK, lol.

Compounding this was my mom who was very supportive of me doing whatever I wanted with my life but was simultaneously terrified that something would happen to me after having lost her other two children. So many things happened to me as a kid that she finally got so scared that she locked me away from everyone and everything. I became a virtual Cinderalla. All I did was chores and homework and study and go to church. No phones, no parties, no activities, no friends. Nothing.

I never learned any skills or developed any real talents and the ones that I had as a child I just don't have faith in now since they went so long without being used. I feel embarrassed and even a bit ashamed of my lack of ability and don't like people to see my failures so I guess I just stay locked into my old mold. I don't feel like I have anything to offer at this point, so I just keep pluggin away at these jobs.

Caro

you have pluto calling from the depths nothing but complete transformation will do. :alien:

you know all this.

how about joining a choir or group so it is not just you on the stage. somewhere where you feel at home(4th h and Mh) so you can start to explore through your voice where this pluto transit might take you.

your discarding the outer you, this is the real you!

you know like stars in their eyes where they go into the smoke re-emerging as Miss Diva the soul singer from the 4th H. :p

Munch

Indeed Caro and my faith is undergoing a total transformation as well. I pretty much don't have faith in a benevolent anything anymore, but still cling to the idea that there is some grand framework that we all operate within. I only mention this because my faith used to be what my entire being was rooted in. These days I feel very much like I am at the mercy of the currents of life because I no longer know what's important. I know there are many things that seem important but that is not the same as being important.

The one thing that I am clear on is that I am sick to death of mediocrity. I am now trying to build the audacity and gumption to rise above what I have historically felt was 'my place.'

sandstone

Banned
munch,

it is very interesting what you say here and thank you for sharing.

the squares from saturn rising to sun/mercury in the 4th seem not to be offset much by the presence of jupiter.. while saturn would have the upper hand for a few reasons, not to mention your capricorn sun/mercury, but perhaps also due the fact that saturn is strong in libra as well.. the idea of relating to your dad sounds daunting and unresolved still at this point on some level. this background wouldn't have helped instill confidence in your either. ultimately one learns how to fend for oneself and i think life does get easier for a person with saturn rising over the course of time.. when you watch others with much less ability but with confidence get in positions that you would be more deserving of, you come to realize how your own psychology may be interfering directly with your success in attaining whatever it is you focus on. you need to come to terms with yourself ultimately and until you do, you won't get far ahead.

your whole chart is like a bundle in the lower eastern hemisphere with minor exceptions. saturn is the planet leading the bundle up into the outer world and by the sound of it, your life has been marked by hardship which is classic saturn energy.. these 2 planets saturn and jupiter square onto the midheaven axis which seems to speak directly to your relationships with your parents, while leaving you isolated on an island in the first house of self discovery so to speak.. every time the transit of saturn hits a critical point in it's cycle would represent a possible turning point for greater self awareness and greater freedom as well..

i think you need to build something of meaning for yourself while not allowing the saturn rising to ruin any self esteem and sense of self worth you need to honour.. we are all born from the same spirit..no one is less of a person that anyone else. that desirata poem comes to mind and might be one of many useful tools for you to build a stronger sense of self.

""Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. ""

i posted this before i got to see what you last wrote... i like what you wrote just now a lot!