Should I take the money?

ashriia

Hello horary astrologers.

I have this question that Ive been going over a bit for about an half hour before I pulled a chart. I decided to consult a chart at 8:42pm.

I have a difficult situation, I desperately want to relocate back to my home city to be near my parents. Fathers health is good but he is having some eye issues which may require surgery.

Where i currently reside, I have had nothing but financial issues/job issues and issues at home with a toxic ex. Toxic ex and I have a long history a purely platonic one, friendly but toxic and codependent. So ex, has offered to give me money to leave his home and relocate and to eventually pay him back. I don't like the idea, and it doesn't rest well with me since I want to be free of aforementioned situation altogether and I don't like being held in someones debt, but I think perhaps for right now at least it's the best chance I have of being where I want to be.

I'm torn, if it's a good idea or not. I don't want to regret it. and have a ton of misgivings.

The chart - I'm represented by Mars in the 7th. Venus is him in the 5th, both rulers are in positive aspect. Does that mean I should do it? But venus is retro and conjunct chiron, which is a good representation of him because he feels guilty of a lot of things which is why I am being offered money in the first place.

What is the chart saying?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_36_should_i_take_the_money.2751.5217.jpg
    astro_2gw_36_should_i_take_the_money.2751.5217.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 30

IleneK

Premium Member
I would look to the 8th house of his money to see if it would be good for you/Mars.
8th house ruler is retrograde and separates from your significator, Mars, so this is not favorable. You are weak by essential dignity, with Mars in Taurus, and I see the entwining, the codependency, you describe, with your significator in his/7th house. If we use whole sign houses, then the money, Mercury, is in his sign/house, too.

Your well being as reflected by this chart and question does not feel good to me. I say back to you "I don't like it and it doesn't rest well with me" either. You really need to get out of there on your own.

waybread

ashriia, here is how I would read the chart. With Scorpio rising, you are ruled by Mars. Your ex is a 7th house matter, but his money would be the second house from the 7th, or 8th house (of "shared resources") ruled by Mercury. Mars and Mercury do not aspect one another. The moon (your stake in the matter) is weakened in the 12th house, and it applies to an opposition with Mercury.

I am not sure your ex is in as strong a position to loan money as he lets on. Venus (him) is weakened, in the sign of its detriment, retrograde, and in the 6th house. Mercury retrograde sort of looks like second thoughts about bankrolling your trip.

ashriia

Your well being as reflected by this chart and question does not feel good to me. I say back to you "I don't like it and it doesn't rest well with me" either. You really need to get out of there on your own.

Thank you, yeah, I agree with getting there on my own part and have stood by that position through so much already. It does seem like the right course, its only that this came up and it seemed like an answer to getting me to my goal faster.

ashriia

I am not sure your ex is in as strong a position to loan money as he lets on. Venus (him) is weakened, in the sign of its detriment, retrograde, and in the 6th house. Mercury retrograde sort of looks like second thoughts about bankrolling your trip.

This is probably the case actually. That is kind of what I was worried about, something being used against me since he would give me the money even if he was never serious about wanting to give me the money in the first place and then hold it against me, or use it against me at a later date.
Thank you. I'm just going to put it out of my mind, since I don't need anymore of that bs in my life.

Cap

No, you shouldn't take the money. Both Mercury (his money) and Venus (your ex) are retrograde - there is something wrong with this offer. Moon is in poor condition (in her fall, Via Combusta and in 12th in Regio) and in applying opposition to Mercury, clear indication that you shouldn't take the money. Mercury is in detriment of Mars - indication that you don't like that money. Although you are free to act (Mars in 7th) your action (taking the money) won't produce good results (Mars in detriment).

Help in this matter can come through your work (NN in 10th in Regio) and/or maybe through your friends (NN in 11th whole signs).

ashriia

No, you shouldn't take the money. Both Mercury (his money) and Venus (your ex) are retrograde - there is something wrong with this offer. Moon is in poor condition (in her fall, Via Combusta and in 12th in Regio) and in applying opposition to Mercury, clear indication that you shouldn't take the money. Mercury is in detriment of Mars - indication that you don't like that money. Although you are free to act (Mars in 7th) your action (taking the money) won't produce good results (Mars in detriment).

Help in this matter can come through your work (NN in 10th in Regio) and/or maybe through your friends (NN in 11th whole signs).

Great analysis.

The outlet for this matter, makes sense as well. Thank you.

IleneK

Premium Member

I agree with W's conclusion. I would probably say that the ex is not in such a stable rather than strong position, having an exaggerated idea of what he can do, since Venus has retrograded into Pisces, the sign of Venus' exaltation.