Moon sign and hair colouring?

Luney

It's that time again!
yes, going rosewood pink . but which is the best Moon sign to apply a hair colour?

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you doing it yourself? Or are you having it done by a professional?

I haven't tested this myself, but I know an astrologer who swears by this method: when the moon is in your sun sign, you're at the top of your game, and what you do will go well. So, by that method, if you're dyeing your own hair, do it when the moon is in your sun sign. If that's too far off, the next best thing is when the moon is in a sign in the same element as your sun's sign. Worst time is when the moon is in the sign opposite your sun's.

If you're having it done by a professional, you'd be likely to get the best results when the moon is in their sun sign, or, barring that, in a sign with the same element as their sun sign, and avoid having it done when the moon is opposite their sun sign. But to ensure that, you'd have to know their sun sign.

Luney

Are you doing it yourself? Or are you having it done by a professional?

I haven't tested this myself, but I know an astrologer who swears by this method: when the moon is in your sun sign, you're at the top of your game, and what you do will go well. So, by that method, if you're dyeing your own hair, do it when the moon is in your sun sign. If that's too far off, the next best thing is when the moon is in a sign in the same element as your sun's sign. Worst time is when the moon is in the sign opposite your sun's.

If you're having it done by a professional, you'd be likely to get the best results when the moon is in their sun sign, or, barring that, in a sign with the same element as their sun sign, and avoid having it done when the moon is opposite their sun sign. But to ensure that, you'd have to know their sun sign.
Thanks Osamenor
I did go ahead on to a professional, and according to a website waxing cap Moon was good..came out feeling restricted...restricted because I couldn’t afford to go elsewhere and get it fixed.. not happy at all. I now need a colour correction. A blonde dilemma!
Can you ask your friend if it matters what phase. Everywhere I’ve read says not to colour under a Scorpio Moon . I’m Scorpio Sun, Which is what your friend suggests. I’ll give it a go. I’d really appreciate that. I’m seeing another professional soon. I’ll find out her what her Moon sign is.

Osamenor

Staff member
I can do better than asking my friend: since I made that post, I've tested it for myself. Not thoroughly, but I've been going to the same hair stylist for several years now. She usually does a very good job with the kind of haircut I prefer, but the first time I went after hearing that about moon sign, it came out not that great. The moon was in Cancer that day.

Next time I went, the moon was in Capricorn. My haircut came out the best ever.

Since then, I've managed to go back during Capricorn moons. Different times of year, so the Capricorn moon was in a different phase each time, and I still got a good haircut.

I don't know for sure if my hair stylist is a Capricorn, but based on this experience, it seems likely.

Maybe your stylist is a Cancer. If so, you should have better luck with them during a Cancer moon, or, if you can't manage that, a Pisces or Scorpio moon. If you go to a different stylist, then it depends on their sign.

My astrologer friend said the moon should be in the same sign or element as the stylist's sun, not their moon. And sun sign is easiest to find out, since pretty much everyone knows their sun sign--you don't even have to ask their sign, you can just ask them when their birthday is and find out that way--but only people who are very into astrology know their moon signs.

Perhaps some further evidence: a friend of mine who is a double Capricorn and wore her hair long for years got a sudden impulse to cut it short. She did it herself, just hacked it off in the shower, and it came out looking great. That was the day of the last new moon in Virgo.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

So if im understanding correctly, Osamenor your a cap/sun ? When you've gone to the hairdressers and been happy with the cut, the moons been transiting through capricorn (regardless of phase of moon) ?

When you wasn't happy, moon was in cancer, in an oppositon to capricorn leaving you oppositionally frustrated with the outcome ?

Osamenor

Staff member
No, I'm a Leo sun. If I were cutting my own hair, by this method of determining the best time, I should do it when the moon is in Leo, or another fire sign if the next Leo moon is too far off (and avoid doing it when the moon is in Aquarius). But I don't cut my own hair.

I think my stylist must be a Capricorn. That would be why I'm getting good haircuts from her when the moon is in Capricorn, and why it didn't go as well when the moon was in Cancer.

If I went to a different hair stylist, it would depend on their sign.