my past life

Today, while i was walking down the street, i had a spontaneous past life memory of being shot in the stomach by an arrow, ouch! Anyway, i think that 'loosened' the rest of the memory and later, while trying to remember more, i remember that i was attacking a castle in Somerset. So i looked on google images and i think i found the castle (looks slightly different now, roads, bigger windows etc.) and found out about some battles fought there. Then i looked at A.T. Manns time & zodiac table http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/astrology-time-zodiac.php and found that the date of my natal Sun is 1204, only 12 years before one of the battles.

Does anyone have any experience with this and know how to find out more about that life?
And does anyone know what the Sun says about that life?
Cheers:)

UPDATE: i did a chart for roughly the time when i remembered it, and the north node (true node) is at 17 deg sag, which gives the date around 1639, civil war time, and the castle was also seiged in the civil war, so now im not sure which date is the right one. Can anyone help?

piercethevale

I gave Mann's time and zodiac table a good look over...personally, [?] I wouldn't put any faith in it.
I know the near precise times of three of my past lives and the table has no bearing on those [and I'm 99.9% sure of those past lives of mine].
I also realized I've had Mann's book, "A New Vision of Astrology", for about the last 6-7 years...I read enough of it...I couldn't find anything I agree with in it, [...outside of what 'Trad' techniques and knowledge he wrote about that I do agree with...but, nothing new or anything of real interest] as I remember, and actually considered throwing it out rather than re-circulate it. [and the local used book stores have a number of them...apparently there are a lot of others that feel as I do...]
I always try to be more than fair when evaluating any Astrological work so I did do some background/bio research this evening on Mann...so far I didn't see anything to get excited about...even less when I calculated His Part of Fortune...it's at 17* Cancer 25' 35" the Sabian Symbol for that is [from Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols]:
" (CANCER 18°): A HEN SCRATCHING THE GROUND TO FIND NOURISHMENT FOR HER PROGENY."

...need I say anything more?

Last edited:

piercethevale

The more I look at it ...the more absurd Mann's theory appears.
If I have an ancestor born in 1700 AD then what does the 28th degree of Pisces mean to him if he has the Asc. Sun and Moon all conj. there?
This has got to be one of the most bone head hypothesis I've ever seen or heard of in Astrology from some one who is published....and to find out that Radhu is impressed with this really leaves me disillusioned with Him as well:pinched:

Thanks for the replies :). I know the theory does seem kinda absurd at first, but its too much of a coincidence the the node is at a degree that corresponds to the civil war, and the castle was seiged then.

piercethevale

Thanks for the replies :). I know the theory does seem kinda absurd at first, but its too much of a coincidence the the node is at a degree that corresponds to the civil war, and the castle was seiged then.

Well, Radhu made a good argument given the example he gave...it is an uncanny co-incidence...I'd say.
But, I've never heard of anything like this proposed before and it seems like a 'stab' at a hypothesis ...one made more for an attempt at recognition rather than something that He discerned or intuited.
One could look at the birth charts assoc. with the subjects of clairvoyants/psychics that have given past life readings and I.D.s or have been hypno-regressed...[if one has access to such data]
What Mann did was come up with a theory that is a 'Safe Bet', [ifyaknowaddimean] in my opinion.

Today I was at the used book store and found a couple of books on 'Astrology and Re-incarnation'. They are titled "Karmic Astrology, The Moons Nodes and Reincarnation" and "Karmic Astrology, Retrogrades and Reincarnation" and they are by Martin Schulman and published by Samuel Weiser [a wonderful publisher of some of the most interesting and illuminating books as any I've ever come across.]
The first book I saw by the author was on the Part of Fortune...and truthfully, I found it very disappointing. He has little grasp of what the Part is even about...in that he claims it provides 'Increase' [and the implication was in material things/ wealth.] which, since Mr. Schulmann wrote his book in the late 70s early 80s, most advanced astrologers, that use Arabic Part, know is not the case...[as it has to do with succeeding in doing ones dharma..and ones 'dharma' does not necessarily bestow increase in wealth because one is completing it....For example, if in fact it were ones dharma to be a 'Sunyassi' ...that is; a yogi that is a renunciate...well, it would be quite the opposite.],
I read a few paragraphs from, various chapters through out, the book on the Nodes and I like what I saw. I didn't have the time to peruse the one on Retrogrades but as it is the second volume of the set I had to purchase it as well, and am optimistic that I'll find something in it that will add to what knowledge or understanding I have presently.
I've got a back load of reading I want to do...but I may move this up the list...I'll keep ya' all informed of what I might learn and or think of the material itself.
Cheers...

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Well, Radhu made a good argument given the example he gave...it is an uncanny co-incidence...I'd say.
But, I've never heard of anything like this proposed before and it seems like a 'stab' at a hypothesis ...one made more for an attempt at recognition rather than something that He discerned or intuited.
One could look at the birth charts assoc. with the subjects of clairvoyants/psychics that have given past life readings and I.D.s or have been hypno-regressed...[if one has access to such data]
What Mann did was come up with a theory that is a 'Safe Bet', [ifyaknowaddimean] in my opinion.

Today I was at the used book store and found a couple of books of Astrology and re-incarnation. They are titled "Karmic Astrology, The Moons Nodes and Reincarnation" and "Karmic Astrology, Retrogrades and Reincarnation" and they are by Martin Schulman and published by Samuel Weiser [a wonderful publisher of some of the most interesting and illuminating books as any I've ever come across.]
the first book I saw by the author was on the part of Fortune...and truthfully, I found it very disappointing. He has little grasp of what the Part is even about...in that he claims it provides 'Increase' [and the implication was in material things/ wealth.] which, since Mr. Schulmann wrote his book in the late 70s early 80s most advanced astrologers that use Arabic parts know is not the case...[as it has to do with succeeding in doing ones dharma..and ones 'dharma' does not necessarily bestow that because one is completing it.
I read a few paragraphs through out the book on the Nodes and I like what I saw. I didn't have the time to peruse the one on Retrogrades but as it is the second volume of the set I had to purchase it as well...and am optimistic that I'll find something in it that will add to what knowledge I have presently.
I've got a back load of reading I want to do...but I may move this up the list...I'll keep ya' all informed of what I might learn and or think of the material itself.
Cheers...

PTV, I recently read this old post from this forum...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1754.html

following the directions given, and if you read my posts here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37840

You will see that there is "some" affininity with eclipses.

Per the directions in the above post, I followed the trail to a date of death of past life to 20 June 1955... and lo and behold (and I am no longer surprised about eclipses) we find an eclipse on the approx. date of death of previous incarnation....any interpretations, since you have studied so much on reincarnation?

piercethevale

PTV, I recently read this old post from this forum...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1754.html

following the directions given, and if you read my posts here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37840

You will see that there is "some" affininity with eclipses.

Per the directions in the above post, I followed the trail to a date of death of past life to 20 June 1955... and lo and behold (and I am no longer surprised about eclipses) we find an eclipse on the approx. date of death of previous incarnation....any interpretations, since you have studied so much on reincarnation?

No, actually associating astrology with past lives is rather new to me...other than having been taught that the Moons' South Node does indicate the direction from which the soul entered into this life...that and that I've heard it alluded to/mentioned a couple of times in the last 30 years that there is a theory that Retrograde planets somehow demonstrate past life indications...all else is new to me on this subject.
I've never really been concerned with 'past lives'...at least not until relatively recently, the reason for concern now being as to an alleged prior life, one of notoriety, involved with the Arthurian legend and also because as the subject came up in such a dramatic and profound way...and subsequently, signs, indications [and the such] and then a revelation of a life in Israel 2000 years ago... as to whom I was in those times and as to why my return now [according to those prophecies/predictions] does make for my concern presently. I haven't the slightest recollection of either of those two lives...but I've had a number of recurring/haunting nightmares and peculiar knee-jerk aversions all my life that were reveled to have been the result of having been burned alive at the stake in 14th century France as I was Knight Templar in France at that time. [I realize how kitsch all this sounds...what with all the hoopla about the 'Templar business these past 15 years or so...but, Trevor Ravenscroft and Rudolph Steiner both predicted the return of a great many of those souls in time for the millennium...in fact I started reading up on the 'Templars' back in 1999...and found it rather curious that suddenly afterwards there were all sorts of writing, TV programs and a number of movies on or associated with the subject....but as I have natal Mars trine my North Node my life has always been kinda like that...I always seem to decide to turn off onto some 'side street/path' to find that there is a parade or convoy just a short way back.

Quite very frankly...I'm convinced there's good reason we don't have that info and all those past life memories this time around...but if the 'facts' present themselves to us sometime during our lives then there has to be good reason for that too...an even better reason one would want to say.
...and in my estimation what all that boils down to is this...

IMHO I think that Iris Dement stated it best: "Let the Mystery Be"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlaoR5m4L80

Last edited:

piercethevale

As to my promise to review what I read from the Martin Schulman's books I just obtained. Referring to volume one, "The Moons Nodes and Reincarnation"... I've read the chapter on my North Node in the Third House and the chapter on my North Node in Aquarius and I've gotta say this guy nails it...totally impressed.
It's way better than I had hoped..so good in fact, it answers a lot of questions that I've had for some time...and confirms many [relatively speaking] previous answers that I had any doubts about
The description/explanations Martin gives is so in 'Tenor' with the rest of my chart and Sabian Symbology... is so in 'Tenor' with the rest of my chart and Sabian Symbology... that I did a 'Double-Double Take'...it is so FREAKY! Taken by it self it answers as many...if not more...than any other singular focal point on my natal chart...it's that good.
I recommend it.

This book sounds very good. How much information can about it can you get from the nodes of the Moon? Do you know if any other bodies or parts can give you extra information?

Thanks for replies everyone:)