A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

Dirius

But you look at the net worth of people in the US for example and why is it that white people conveniently are at the top of this bubble while others are merely sprinkled throughout?

Wait

How can then LeBron James be the highest paid athelete in the U.S. then?

I thought he was black - how is he on the top then? In fact the top 4 atheletes from the U.S. are all of african american descent...

Inquisag

So when police brutality occurs to white people.

Whats the reason behind it?

I remember a video from a guy who was killed in a hotel room by the police for no reason at all.
That may touch upon why people are fed up now. Police may consider anyone except another police officer or someone in a higher office as beneath them. I suppose that is cultural differences.

Dirius

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

Still doesn't answer why a black man is on top of that particular market.

I understand black people as a majority have lower incomes, I never questioned that.

But how can a black person be paid more than other priviliged white people? Please explain that.

Because you're just trying to imply that because Lebron makes the most then it invalidates the argument that theres race privilege or income privilege. You don't actually want to have a conversation, you want to antagonize. I've already seen you in multiple chats. I mean, it's so basic.

Dirius

Because you're just trying to imply that because Lebron makes the most then it invalidates the argument that theres race privilege or income privilege. You don't actually want to have a conversation, you want to antagonize. I've already seen you in multiple chats. I mean, it's so basic.

No I'm not. Just asking a simple question you haven't been able to answer, which is on topic.

I guess they didn't taught you economics in your gender studies class right?

Your statement: white people are priviliged and on the top of the scale.

My observation: there are a lot of black people on the top of this particular market.

Your response: - (blank) -

Inquisag

It still means that the average person of Asian descent earns much more than the average white american "priviliged" person.

If privilige existed, then how is this possible?

Have in mind we are packing "whites" all together, despite there being multiple ethnicities.

Germans are not the same as Italians, not the same as Poles, not the same as Jews, etc.
Asian and Black are general terms as well. Some Asian ethnicities - Chinese, Japanese, Korean. Black ethnicities - Haitian, Nigerian, Jamaican.

I will give you a chance to reconsider your statement about average earnings. It may help to think of it as 6 people in an area making $87,000 versus 60 people in the same area making $70,000.

Dirius

Asian and Black are general terms as well. Some Asian ethnicities - Chinese, Japanese, Korean. Black ethnicities - Haitian, Nigerian, Jamaican.

I will give you a chance to reconsider your statement about average earnings. It may help to think of it as 6 people in an area making $87,000 versus 60 people in the same area making $70,000.

Could be 1 asian person in an area, vs 1000 white persons in an area.

That person would still be earning more than all the other "priviliged" individuals.

How come? Aren't those other people supposed to have a privilige which should grant them more money?

WisdomJoy

No I'm not. Just asking a simple question you haven't been able to answer, which is on topic.

I guess they didn't taught you economics in your gender studies class right?

Your statement: white people are priviliged and on the top of the scale.

My observation: there are a lot of black people on the top of this particular market.

Your response: - (blank) -

Candidly I think you are, and it seems to be your common behaviour. Anyway, I think the reason why you can't just say something like Asian Americans make the most money or Lebron James makes the most in the NBA is because you also have to look the divisions within each group right to get an idea of the whole.

Dirius

Candidly I think you are, and it seems to be your common behaviour. Anyway, I think the reason why you can't just say something like Asian Americans make the most money or Lebron James makes the most in the NBA is because you also have to look the divisions within each group right to get an idea of the whole.

But it still doesn't answer my question, of how they are able to achieve the top position.

According to you, the current system in place is designed so white's can triumph over minorities, but this doesn't seem to be the case in some markets, or in regards to some ethnic groups.

How come?

PD: Yes I am a giant "A-hole", but only looking forward for an interesting discussion. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. And your inability to answer a simple question is a bit dissapointing.

WisdomJoy

But it still doesn't answer my question, of how they are able to achieve the top position.

According to you, the current system in place is designed so white's can triumph over minorities, but this doesn't seem to be the case in some markets, or in regards to some ethnic groups.

How come?

PD: Yes I am a giant "A-hole". Doesn't mean I'm wrong. And your inability to answer a simple question is a bit dissapointing.

You can call it A-hole, I think bully/ antagonizer is a a better description/ word.

The problem with your questions is that you're trying to imply that because the basketball market pays Lebron the most money (not event taking into consideration the basketball organization as a whole) or that because Asian American's make money (again, not taking into consideration that they now biggest income disparity across all of the different communities) it means that white privilege doesn't exist.

Also, I think your comments are really disappointing and the way you engage. Predominately because I've seen you in multiple chats. You can say that you goal is only to progress the conversation forward but I know better than that.

Last edited:

eekndyn

Who is the highest paid musican Kanye at 170mil Elton John comes in 2nd at a mere 86mil.

Here we go with the privilege again. Same basic argument

Dirius

You can call it A-hole, I think bully/ antagonizer is a a better description word.

The problem with your questions is that you're trying to imply that because the basketball market pays Lebron the most money (not event taking into consideration the basketball organization as a whole) or that because Asian American's make money (again, not taking into consideration that they now biggest income disparity across all of the different communities) it means that white privilege doesn't exist.

It sort of does. If privilige existed for white people, then LeBron wouldn't be the highest paid athlete... it would be a white person, even if he was not the best.

aquarius7000

https://www.payscale.com/data/racial-wage-gap-for-men

We analyzed... 1.8 million profiles from PayScale’s online salary survey that were collected between January 2017 and February 2019... we found that a third of workers received some type of employee referral for their current job, yet men of color are 26 percent less likely than White men to receive them. Referrals impact an employee’s relationship with their manager, their engagement at work and satisfaction with their employer. These factors can subsequently influence performance reviews, promotions and pay increases.. When we hold all employment characteristics equal, Black or African American men still see the largest pay gap. The controlled pay gap for Black men is $0.98 for every dollar a White man with the same qualifications makes. To put that in perspective, the median salary of a White man in our sample is $72,900; the controlled median pay for Black or African American men is thus $71,500. This suggests a $1,400 difference in pay that is likely attributable to race.

Anybody that believes that privilege based on colour/ race does not exist is highly delusional

Dirius

https://www.payscale.com/data/racial-wage-gap-for-men

We analyzed... 1.8 million profiles from PayScale’s online salary survey that were collected between January 2017 and February 2019... we found that a third of workers received some type of employee referral for their current job, yet men of color are 26 percent less likely than White men to receive them. Referrals impact an employee’s relationship with their manager, their engagement at work and satisfaction with their employer. These factors can subsequently influence performance reviews, promotions and pay increases.. When we hold all employment characteristics equal, Black or African American men still see the largest pay gap. The controlled pay gap for Black men is $0.98 for every dollar a White man with the same qualifications makes. To put that in perspective, the median salary of a White man in our sample is $72,900; the controlled median pay for Black or African American men is thus $71,500. This suggests a $1,400 difference in pay that is likely attributable to race.

Anybody that believes that privilege based on colour/ race does not exist is highly delusional

From your article:

Although Asian men seem to do relatively well in that they tend to outearn White men, they have the lowest rates of being in manager roles. This disparity reveals how fair treatment in the workplace is more than just a question of equal pay for equal work.

Black or African American men have the largest uncontrolled pay gap relative to White men. They earn $0.87 for every dollar a White man earns. Hispanic or Latino workers have the next largest gap, they earn $0.91 for every dollar earned by a White man. On the other side of the earnings spectrum, Asian men see an uncontrolled pay gap of $1.15.

Thank you for taking the time to prove my point dear.

So asian men seems to earn way above both black and white men. Interesting. Would you say there is "asian privilige" then?

:kissing:

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

It does prove the point and I think what scares me about your approach/ perspective is that you're incredibly condescending and antagonizing, even your choice of Mate and Dear to imply this false sense of kinship and or/authority while being so da-mn eager to undermine, dismiss and deny.

There are people have dedicated their entire lives to your approach and I think it's important to bring light to it because I've seen you do it so many times before.

1. You and many others love to use this constant, well yes but what about, or well how come and there's actually a term called “whataboutism”, it's a logical fallacy. The Wall Street Journal has commentary on this in 2017 or 2018, you should take the time to check it out.

2. The other thing you seem to constantly be doing is tokenizing successful black people. It's not that you're genuinely trying to understand how two things can co-exist at the same time, you're doing it as a means to bury/negate/invalidate the realties of systemic racism and to push the same old tired ideologies of merit based achievement.

And then you have the audacity to try and charmingly imply that you're an a-hole. No, what you are is a perpetuator of trauma. How can anyone dismiss a very racist world and act as though no privilege exists is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm done engaging, it's clear you really don't have good intentions or come from a good place. I'm frightened that so many people share your perspective.