What should I be looking for in a potential life-partner ?

Hey folks,
I was recently reflecting on my past relationships - and I concluded - that I tend to attract women who are a little bit crazy and libidinous ( I seem to be attracted to challenges, even in the women I'm with !). I think you can tell that these relationships didn't end all too well. Since, I always end up being labelled as "too much" , "too possessive", "too intense" and so on.. (You get the flow). When all I really seek is loyalty and my devotion reciprocated in full measure (Guess that expectation is a bit overkill eh ?)

So, my real question here is, what really should I be looking for in a potential life-partner, with whom I can be happy in the long-term (and of course, she should be happy too). ?

Attachments

• my_birthchart.png
    my_birthchart.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 21

ElenaJ

You've apparently been choosing women who fit your moon/pluto opposition.
You should be looking for a woman with traditional values of family and children, who you can maintain and build a home for, but also with whom you can have a good mental communication. Someone who is sturdy and concrete, feet well planted on the ground.

Cary2

Banned
Your predicament is lavishly indicated by your chart. At the midpoint of Ascendant/MC is a Pluto/Moon opposition. Furthermore, the same Moon is part of a Grand Trine Moon/Venus/Uranus, and Venus is on a cardinal point, 0-degree Libra.

The prominent Moon/Pluto opposition describes for a male a problem with women. Particularly this would probably mean fickle women who change their mind and their behavior. Venus/Moon trine shows your great capacity for devoted and tender love, and it is not out of the question. But the intrusion on Venus/Moon by Uranus as the third point in the Grand Trine suggests upsetting and unexpected intrusions into harmonious relations.

Rather than describe a partner who is ideally suited, I would employ an astrological strategy using synastry and composite. This does not constitute a guarantee, but it stacks the deck in your favor.

Study synastry and composite in depth and filter through your candidates as they appear until you hit a match. The mistake most people make is they are too eager and too romantic, so they are excessively optimistic when the romantic mood is stimulated.

One of the best strategies is Sun/Moon match. Her Moon conjunct your Sun would be nearly ideal, but there are other such matches. Her Sun or Moon at your Sun/Moon midpoint or aspect to that midpoint, typically conjunction, opposition, square, and octile to the Sun/Moon is good. Your Sun trine her Moon, etc.

Of course there are many other excellent things in synastry to consider. Venus/Mars, Venus/Venus, Venus/Jupiter, Venus/Saturn, and Venus/Moon with harmonious aspects.

Either your Ascendant aspecting the midpoint of her Mars/Jupiter, or her Ascendant aspecting your Mars/Jupiter.

This is easier when you have a collection of charts to choose from, which is not a common situation.

The Moon/Pluto opposition suggests that you examine yourself for a tendency to dominate, especially in subtle or unconscious ways. A therapist my help there.

Another strategy is to use predictive techniques to pick optimum times to socialize and mingle.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Hey folks,
I was recently reflecting on my past relationships - and I concluded - that I tend to attract women who are a little bit crazy and libidinous ( I seem to be attracted to challenges, even in the women I'm with !). I think you can tell that these relationships didn't end all too well. Since, I always end up being labelled as "too much" , "too possessive", "too intense" and so on.. (You get the flow). When all I really seek is loyalty and my devotion reciprocated in full measure (Guess that expectation is a bit overkill eh ?)

So, my real question here is, what really should I be looking for in a potential life-partner, with whom I can be happy in the long-term (and of course, she should be happy too). ?

I think you may have had a toxic mother. To find out, search with Google. Search "do I have a toxic mother?", or something similar. You will see several sites that offer advice about a toxic parent. Now, you will tend to exhibit those same behaviors in a way that repels others.

Your predicament is lavishly indicated by your chart. At the midpoint of Ascendant/MC is a Pluto/Moon opposition. Furthermore, the same Moon is part of a Grand Trine Moon/Venus/Uranus, and Venus is on a cardinal point, 0-degree Libra.

The prominent Moon/Pluto opposition describes for a male a problem with women. Particularly this would probably mean fickle women who change their mind and their behavior. Venus/Moon trine shows your great capacity for devoted and tender love, and it is not out of the question. But the intrusion on Venus/Moon by Uranus as the third point in the Grand Trine suggests upsetting and unexpected intrusions into harmonious relations.

Rather than describe a partner who is ideally suited, I would employ an astrological strategy using synastry and composite. This does not constitute a guarantee, but it stacks the deck in your favor.

Study synastry and composite in depth and filter through your candidates as they appear until you hit a match. The mistake most people make is they are too eager and too romantic, so they are excessively optimistic when the romantic mood is stimulated.

One of the best strategies is Sun/Moon match. Her Moon conjunct your Sun would be nearly ideal, but there are other such matches. Her Sun or Moon at your Sun/Moon midpoint or aspect to that midpoint, typically conjunction, opposition, square, and octile to the Sun/Moon is good. Your Sun trine her Moon, etc.

Of course there are many other excellent things in synastry to consider. Venus/Mars, Venus/Venus, Venus/Jupiter, Venus/Saturn, and Venus/Moon with harmonious aspects.

Either your Ascendant aspecting the midpoint of her Mars/Jupiter, or her Ascendant aspecting your Mars/Jupiter.

This is easier when you have a collection of charts to choose from, which is not a common situation.

The Moon/Pluto opposition suggests that you examine yourself for a tendency to dominate, especially in subtle or unconscious ways. A therapist my help there.

Another strategy is to use predictive techniques to pick optimum times to socialize and mingle.

I have some doubts here. I'm new to Astrology, so I'm not well-versed with a lot of things here.

So, what does this Moon-Pluto opposition really mean ?

I understand that the Moon relates to one's emotions and Pluto signifies the underworld, the dark and the unknown, unconscious knowledge.

How does this "Opposition" Aspect relate these 2 realms ?

You have advised me to consider studying synastry in depth. Could you point me to some resources - like books or websites - where I can learn more about Natal,Synastry, Composite chart reading and interpretation ?

"Another strategy is to use predictive techniques to pick optimum times to socialize and mingle" - I didn't quite understand what you meant by this ? Could you please elaborate ?

Cary2

Banned
I have some doubts here. I'm new to Astrology, so I'm not well-versed with a lot of things here.

So, what does this Moon-Pluto opposition really mean ?

I understand that the Moon relates to one's emotions and Pluto signifies the underworld, the dark and the unknown, unconscious knowledge.

How does this "Opposition" Aspect relate these 2 realms ?

You asked for a description of the ideal woman. That is not realistic or helpful. That approach would cause you to rule out good candidates.

Opposition is a difficult, challenging aspect. A challenging aspect between Moon and Pluto in a man's chart is a sign that he will have significant difficulties with women and that he had a difficult relationship with his mother. It is not a curse. In time, you can adjust and overcome the disadvantages. The most common problem with women is fickle women. The problem with his mother will suggest that she has toxic tendencies. If you still doubt that, try another astrologer.

You have advised me to consider studying synastry in depth. Could you point me to some resources - like books or websites - where I can learn more about Natal,Synastry, Composite chart reading and interpretation ?
Some of the best books I used while I was learning are now out of print. Go to www.cafeastrology.com for a good start. Search the web for astrology textbooks, especially "synastry" and "composite".

"Another strategy is to use predictive techniques to pick optimum times to socialize and mingle" - I didn't quite understand what you meant by this ? Could you please elaborate ?

If you don't understand, you will need launch as astrological career or hire a professional. Astrology is complex and precise. One book won't do the job. It takes years of research and many books.

Last edited: