Will I be successful in my profession?

Cypocryphy

Hello. I recently read a Vedic astrologer's blind reading and was extremely impressed with his startling insights. So I thought that I would see if I can get a few answers to a few questions that I have been mulling over.

I've been paying my student loans and they depress me. I need to make more money so that I can get that gorilla off my back. So will I be a successful attorney? What's my probability of accruing a great deal of wealth? Does it look like I will marry into money?

Any insights are most welcome.

All the very best,
C.

Attachments

• vedic-chart-pdf.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 46

dr. farr

Based upon the Lahiri-ayanamsa sidereal chart posted, it doesn't look like marrying into $$ is likely:

-sarva bindu count for 7th (rashi whole sign) house is low (under 25)
-SN (Ketu) posits that house; yes Jupiter does also, but Jupiter is conjunct Ketu and both are on Bharani asterism (nakshatra), often indicative of oscillating (varying) factors, influences, effects, etc.
-Mars, lord of the 7th rashi (whole sign) house (under Aries) does have an average number of sarva bindus (28), however it is posited in its debilitation in Cancer
-in the D9 (navamsa), SN (Ketu) is again in the 7th house (whole sign) of the D9, posited in the rather unfruitful Virgo

..so, from this brief look it doesn't seem promising for marrying into wealth

HOWEVER! this quick evaluation is based on a SIDEREAL (both the D1 & the D9) chart, and-for me (and for a VERY small number of others who use Vedic concepts, techniques and methods)-I don't use sidereal charts in making delineations-even when using Vedic delineative and predictive models!

Rajarshi

Hello. I recently read a Vedic astrologer's blind reading and was extremely impressed with his startling insights. So I thought that I would see if I can get a few answers to a few questions that I have been mulling over.

I've been paying my student loans and they depress me. I need to make more money so that I can get that gorilla off my back. So will I be a successful attorney? What's my probability of accruing a great deal of wealth? Does it look like I will marry into money?

Any insights are most welcome.

All the very best,
C.

Please explain what do you mean by " blind reading"

Regards

Cypocryphy

Based upon the Lahiri-ayanamsa sidereal chart posted, it doesn't look like marrying into $$ is likely:

938953414_gomer_pyle_surprise_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

-sarva bindu count for 7th (rashi whole sign) house is low (under 25)
-SN (Ketu) posits that house; yes Jupiter does also, but Jupiter is conjunct Ketu and both are on Bharani asterism (nakshatra), often indicative of oscillating (varying) factors, influences, effects, etc.
-Mars, lord of the 7th rashi (whole sign) house (under Aries) does have an average number of sarva bindus (28), however it is posited in its debilitation in Cancer
-in the D9 (navamsa), SN (Ketu) is again in the 7th house (whole sign) of the D9, posited in the rather unfruitful Virgo

linkletter-whince.jpg

..so, from this brief look it doesn't seem promising for marrying into wealth

Well, that's okay. But I'm still going to buy lottery tickets. :smile:

HOWEVER! this quick evaluation is based on a SIDEREAL (both the D1 & the D9) chart, and-for me (and for a VERY small number of others who use Vedic concepts, techniques and methods)-I don't use sidereal charts in making delineations-even when using Vedic delineative and predictive models!

light-hope-13748953.jpg

Ha ha. Thank you for looking, Dr. Farr. :smile:

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Please explain what do you mean by " blind reading"

Regards

Hello, Rajarshi,

A "blind reading" is when an astrologer has only a birth time, date and location of an individual and can only look at what can be derived from that information; there is nothing else. The individual is unavailable to question, to see or anything.

All the best,
C.

Rajarshi

[FONT=&quot]SAT -19 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 1/ 6/76[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 22/ 9/93[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your data shows that you are born on 1.6.76. evening time [ ascendant opposite Sun] and at a place where Sunrise is 5.24 am & sunset 8.52 pm ( somewhere in northern hemisphere). Gender not given [ male?][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now your ascendant is Libra and Saturn the most beneficial planet and 5th lord is in 10th house with 7th lord Mars. Saturn is aspecting 7th house [ Aries] and with 7th lord has become the main significator of your marriage. Saturn presently is in Libra and is aspected by Jupiter. But Jupiter will move into Cancer in Mid June 2014 and will aspect Saturn again after November 2014 [ when Saturn moves into Scorpio} . Dasa of Ketu- Jupiter will be running then.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KET -7 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 22/ 9/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 22/ 9/17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KET 19/ 2/11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]VEN 19/ 4/12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SUN 25/ 8/12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MON 25/ 3/13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MAR 22/ 8/13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RAH 10/ 9/14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUP 16/ 8/15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are indications that you will have love marriage after November 2014 within August 2015. ( Saturn aspecting 7th house [ Aries] signifies delay in marriage, your present age being 37 years)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mars is with Moon in Cancer in 10th house ( Angle) from ascendant…therefore, though Mars is debilitated it has cancellation of debilitation. Saturn, the lord of exaltation point of Mars is also in angle..so, cancellation of debilitation of Mars is re-confirmed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your spouse will be well established.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your 11th lord Sun in 8th house ( Taurus) shows that your earnings are limited. Jupiter who is aspecting 11th house is in adverse constellation also shows problem with earning.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Present Dasa of Ketu is not favourable and next Venus main period [ Dasa] from October 2017 for 20 years will be better than this Ketu dasa, though Venus is situated in 8th house.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In near future, Saturn sub period from 16/ 8/15 to 25/ 9/16 would be quite good for money and other matters[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What is your place of birth { CANADA?} & Gender?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

[FONT=&quot]SAT -19 Years[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From 1/ 6/76[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To 22/ 9/93[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your data shows that you are born on 1.6.76. evening time [ ascendant opposite Sun] and at a place where Sunrise is 5.24 am & sunset 8.52 pm ( somewhere in northern hemisphere). Gender not given [ male?][/FONT]

[FONT="][B]Now your ascendant is Libra and Saturn the most beneficial planet and 5th lord is in 10th house with 7th lord Mars. Saturn is aspecting 7th house [ Aries] and with 7th lord has become the main significator of your marriage. Saturn presently is in Libra and is aspected by Jupiter. But Jupiter will move into Cancer in Mid June 2014 and will aspect Saturn again after November 2014 [ when Saturn moves into Scorpio} . Dasa of Ketu- Jupiter will be running then.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]That sounds favorable. Is that the dasa of Ketu-Rahu at that time? Is (I'm just looking at the information you posted. It seems that Jupiter would shortly follow after that time, around 2015.) Is that correct? Would that change anything?

[QUOTE][SIZE=3][B][FONT="]KET -7 Years[/FONT][/B]

[FONT="]From 22/ 9/10[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][B][FONT="]To 22/ 9/17[/FONT]

[FONT="]KET 19/ 2/11[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT="]VEN 19/ 4/12[/FONT]

[FONT="]SUN 25/ 8/12[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT="]MON 25/ 3/13[/FONT]

[FONT="]MAR [B]22/ 8/13[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
[U][SIZE=3][B][FONT="]RAH 10/ 9/14[/FONT][/B]

[FONT="]JUP 16/ 8/15[/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/QUOTE]He's where I am seeing this.
[SIZE=3][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/SIZE][QUOTE]
[SIZE=3][B][FONT="]There are indications that you will have love marriage after November 2014 within August 2015. ( Saturn aspecting 7th house [ Aries] signifies delay in marriage, your present age being 37 years)[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=&quot]Yes! I turned away from the possiblity of a home life when I was in my 20s. It seemed like a bad idea at the time, and looking in retrospect, I am pretty sure I made the right choice.
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Mars is with Moon in Cancer in 10th house ( Angle) from ascendant…therefore, though Mars is debilitated it has cancellation of debilitation. Saturn, the lord of exaltation point of Mars is also in angle..so, cancellation of debilitation of Mars is re-confirmed.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE][IMG]http://allfacebook.com/files/2013/02/Whew.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=3][B][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][QUOTE]
[SIZE=3][B][FONT="]Your spouse will be well established.[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I kind of said it tongue-in-cheek, but I had a feeling . . . . In western astrology, it supports this, to a degree. I'm really worried about my career. Despite the amount of money I make, the amount of money I owe and am paying takes me to almost a zero balance. I am hoping that something changes. From a Western astrological point of view, it doesn't look good. But I thought that there was a possibility that Jyotish would say something different, which I have a large amount of respect for. Point being, thank you for taking the time. :smile:

[FONT="]Your 11th lord Sun in 8th house ( Taurus) shows that your earnings are limited. Jupiter who is aspecting 11th house is in adverse constellation also shows problem with earning.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Here too!
[QUOTE]
[SIZE=3][FONT="]Present Dasa of Ketu is not favourable and next Venus main period [ Dasa] from October 2017 for 20 years will be better than this Ketu dasa, though Venus is situated in 8th house.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Okay.
[/FONT]

[FONT="]In near future, Saturn sub period from 16/ 8/15 to 25/ 9/16 would be quite good for money and other matters[/FONT][/B][FONT="].[/FONT]
Part of the Venus main period?

And thank you again for looking! :smile:

All the best,
C.

Last edited:

VenusS

One born in Lagna will be of diplomatic nature, have established body parts, be creative, have artistic talent, have very angry, jealous wife.

One born with Saturn/Mars/Moon in cancer, Mars be deblitated but Kendra from Moon & Lagna, cancel of ddeblitation of mars. This conjunction of Yoga karaka, with Moon in cancer(own house) and Mars(Dhana yoga), forms great 2 dhana yogas, occupation if Medical, medicines, mechanical engineering will prove highly beneficial for native.

One born with rahu in Libra, Jupiter/Ketu in Aries will have worldy fame, will be very diplomatic and artistic, will have wrinkles or pimples, will be fickle minded. Jup/Ketu in aries, girl who you will marry, will be very strict in religious. Will act as a teacher, will be religious minded with absolute strictness.

One born in 7th house, neecha bhanga raaja yoga, the native's spouse will meet in his occupation meetings, or one wwill marry the wife because of his own profit. The best time to marry will be March 13 after.

Regards

Cypocryphy

Just a little feedback . . .

One born in Lagna will be of diplomatic nature, have established body parts, be creative, have artistic talent, have very angry, jealous wife.

I am diplomatic. That is very true, and I am creative and have artistic talent. Before I did what I do, I was a musician, acted in plays and wrote short stories. From my teens to my mid-twenties, that is basically all I did.

One born with Saturn/Mars/Moon in cancer, Mars be deblitated but Kendra from Moon & Lagna, cancel of ddeblitation of mars. This conjunction of Yoga karaka, with Moon in cancer(own house) and Mars(Dhana yoga), forms great 2 dhana yogas, occupation if Medical, medicines, mechanical engineering will prove highly beneficial for native.

For a long time, I was indecisive as to whether I would study medicine (doctor or physical therapist, even natruopathy) or study law. I chose the latter because it was the easier route, taking less time. I still wonder if I made the right choice.

One born with rahu in Libra, Jupiter/Ketu in Aries will have worldy fame, will be very diplomatic and artistic, will have wrinkles or pimples, will be fickle minded. Jup/Ketu in aries, girl who you will marry, will be very strict in religious. Will act as a teacher, will be religious minded with absolute strictness.

The artistic qualities I referred to already. It's hard to qualify the wrinkles because everyone ends with wrinkles at some point. I'm still young enough where wrinkles are almost non-existent. I sometimes get pimples but its rare, unlike when I was in high school, where it was a problem. I was never scarred by them, however. Maybe I'm fickle minded. That's hard for me to really say, but in general, it probably is true, hence my seeming to be a "Jack of all trades."

The interesting thing that you said about my marrying a very strict religious woman is strangely appropriate, although I will not marry that person. The last love of mine became a religious fanatic, and it was due to that that the relationship fell apart.

One born in 7th house, neecha bhanga raaja yoga, the native's spouse will meet in his occupation meetings, or one wwill marry the wife because of his own profit. The best time to marry will be March 13 after.

That's interesting. I imagine that it will be so. I will give further feedback later.

Thank you. :smile:

Rajarshi

[FONT=&quot]Thank you Cypocryphy for giving the birth details. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashtakvarga Table[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sign No [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 24 31 14 28 28 29 30 23 28 30 32 40[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sign no 3 Gemini indicates only 14 Bindus In [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ashtakvarga Table ( against standard about 25).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gemini indicates 9th house from ascendant ( your father). 9th lord Mercury is in 8th house in unfavorable constellation. You have passed through Mercury main period [[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-17 Years From October 93 To September 2010 ].This period was unfavourable. Showing high problems from Father.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your Saturn period from birth to September 1993 was generally favourable. You have got blessings of Saturn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [ though Saturn is weak with Mars & in a sign opposite to its sign Capricorn][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You indicated in your first post that paying student loan depresses you. Please note that Moon is with Saturn in natal chart and in Navamsa { ninth harmonic chart}. And presently in transit Saturn is in Libra aspecting natal moon by 10th full aspect. The mind is under influence of Saturn at birth time and may have some melancholy when in transit Saturn influences the Moon. Should not you go for strengthening Saturn, which is your most beneficial planet and is weak! You may consult Vedic astrologer for getting a suitable gem for Saturn which will improve your life to a great extent.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Best wishes[/FONT]

Last edited:

Rajarshi

That's correct. I was born in Portland, Oregon (that's about 500 km or 300 miles from Canada, easily drivable within a day). The hour of my birth was 6:04, as stated on my birth certificate. I am male, too. I can't remember why I covered the other information, but I wish I hadn't done that.

That sounds favorable. Is that the dasa of Ketu-Rahu at that time? ANS: NO [ SEE TABLE BELOW] Is (I'm just looking at the information you posted. It seems that Jupiter would shortly follow after that time, around 2015.) Is that correct? Would that change anything?

He's where I am seeing this.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes! I turned away from the possiblity of a home life when I was in my 20s. It seemed like a bad idea at the time, and looking in retrospect, I am pretty sure I made the right choice.
[/FONT]
Whew.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I kind of said it tongue-in-cheek, but I had a feeling . . . . In western astrology, it supports this, to a degree. I'm really worried about my career. Despite the amount of money I make, the amount of money I owe and am paying takes me to almost a zero balance. I am hoping that something changes. From a Western astrological point of view, it doesn't look good. But I thought that there was a possibility that Jyotish would say something different, which I have a large amount of respect for. Point being, thank you for taking the time. :smile:

Here too!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Okay.
[/FONT]

Part of the Venus main period? ANS: NO STILL IN KETU PERIOD

And thank you again for looking! :smile:

All the best,
C.

KET -7 Years

KET-KET From 22/ 9/10 19/ 2/11
KET-VEN From 19/ 2/11 19/ 4/12
KET-SUN From 19/ 4/12 25/ 8/12
KET-MON From 25/ 8/12 25/ 3/13
KET-MAR From 25/ 3/13 22/ 8/13
KET-RAH From 22/ 8/13 10/ 9/14
KET-JUP From 10/ 9/14 16/ 8/15
KET-SAT From 16/ 8/15 25/ 9/16
KET-MER From 25/ 9/16 22/ 9/17

"I'm really worried about my career. Despite the amount of money I make, the amount of money I owe and am paying takes me to almost a zero balance. I am hoping that something changes".

This is important and needs discussion in detail [after you give the feedback].

Last edited:

Rajarshi

Venus is in 8th house {Taurus}in Rohini constellation. Sun is also in Rohini constellation within 5 degrees of Venus. Sun has damaged Venus partly [ combust].

In navamsa, Venus is again in Taurus and has become Vargottama [ meaning powerful]...so, we infer that Venus has salvaged its damage from Sun.

Venus is your ascendant lord and has created good Yogas (see below).

1.Yoga 2. Yoga givers 3. Results ascribed to yoga 4.Brief definition of yoga
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Kalpadruma/Parijata 2. Ve, Ve, Ve, Ve 3.King, principled, warrior, prosperous, strong, kind 4. Lagna lord, his disposior, latter's rasi & navamsa [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] dispositors are all in own/exaltation sign/ Kendra/kona[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.Sarala 2.Ve 3. Long-lived, fearless, learned, celebrated, prosperous 4. The 8th lord in the 8th house[/FONT]

Don't take the words of Yoga verbatim { as these have been copied from book/sofware} but, there will be good effects of Venus certainly.

I strongly feel that your Venus dasa of 20 years from 2017 will be quite good.[ though Venus is in 8th house].

It would be appropriate to support Venus through Gem therapy { this is common in Indian astrology, please consult Vedic astrologer} to counter bad effect of Sun on it.

Best wishes

dr. farr

From the sarvashtakavarga evaluation of dasha periods, with Venus having 31 sarva bindus (its placement in Taurus), the mahadasha of Venus overall, will be favorable (in the table provided in the OP's pdf, that mahadasha period will follow the current Ketu mahadasha, the Venus mahadasha beginning in 2017 and running for 20 years-through 2037).

Also, using the bhinnashtakavarga for the ascendant lord, Venus, regarding transits: any planet (s) transiting the signs having 5 or more bindus in Venus BAV, would tend to produce beneficial results: these + signs for any transits are PISCES most especially, but also Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Aquarius; conversely any planet (s) transiting signs under 4 bindus in lord-of-ascendant Venus BAV would tend to give unfavorable results: these - signs are Aries and Cancer; I would also have to say that, since Gemini has only 14 sarva bindus, and also only has average bindus {4} in Venus BAV, I would definitely add Gemini to Aries and Cancer, as signs indicative of likely unfavorable transits of any planet...

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

[FONT=&quot]Thank you Cypocryphy for giving the birth details. [/FONT]

You are welcome, my friend.

[FONT=&quot]Ashtakvarga Table[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sign No [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 24 31 14 28 28 29 30 23 28 30 32 40[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sign no 3 Gemini indicates only 14 Bindus In [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ashtakvarga Table ( against standard about 25).[/FONT]

I will educate myself to the significance of Bindus and the Ashtakvarga tables. This is very new to me, so I might not catch what you are saying when I first read it. I apologize.

[FONT=&quot]Gemini indicates 9th house from ascendant ( your father). 9th lord Mercury is in 8th house in unfavorable constellation. You have passed through Mercury main period [[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-17 Years From October 93 To September 2010 ].This period was unfavourable. Showing high problems from Father.[/FONT]

I had a horrible relationship with my father when I was growing up. I have no idea why it was. He seemed to be in competition with me, and we often fought. I moved out when I was 19 and never lived with my parents since. Even then, our relationship had difficult moments, but I think if I hadn't moved out when I did, my life would have been terrible. We now get along very well, but there was a period of years in which my relationship with him was strained, so I find this very interesting.

[FONT=&quot]Your Saturn period from birth to September 1993 was generally favourable. You have got blessings of Saturn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [ though Saturn is weak with Mars & in a sign opposite to its sign Capricorn][/FONT]

Okay. I think life was good then. It was actually in 1993 that I changed and starting spending time with a whole new set of friends that probably weren't the best for me. The year 1993 fits perfectly because I would have been, approximately, a junior in high school, and that's when the changes occurred.

[FONT=&quot]You indicated in your first post that paying student loan depresses you. Please note that Moon is with Saturn in natal chart and in Navamsa { ninth harmonic chart}. And presently in transit Saturn is in Libra aspecting natal moon by 10th full aspect. The mind is under influence of Saturn at birth time and may have some melancholy when in transit Saturn influences the Moon. Should not you go for strengthening Saturn, which is your most beneficial planet and is weak! You may consult Vedic astrologer for getting a suitable gem for Saturn which will improve your life to a great extent.[/FONT]

I was wondering about this. I am assuming that the gem attunes one's vibrational state to one form receptive the the Saturnian influence. But what if I did a meditation? For example, the Ganesha meditation and the Saturn/Jupiter Balancing Meditation. These were taught by Yogi Bhajan and seem very effective. It begins with making the hand gesture of Saturn and Jupiter, with special, rigorous breathing techniques. Do you think that would work in lieu of a gem?

[FONT=&quot]Best wishes[/FONT]

Thank you. :smile:

Cypocryphy

Venus is in 8th house {Taurus}in Rohini constellation. Sun is also in Rohini constellation within 5 degrees of Venus. Sun has damaged Venus partly [ combust].

In navamsa, Venus is again in Taurus and has become Vargottama [ meaning powerful]...so, we infer that Venus has salvaged its damage from Sun.

Venus is your ascendant lord and has created good Yogas (see below).

1.Yoga 2. Yoga givers 3. Results ascribed to yoga 4.Brief definition of yoga
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Kalpadruma/Parijata 2. Ve, Ve, Ve, Ve 3.King, principled, warrior, prosperous, strong, kind 4. Lagna lord, his disposior, latter's rasi & navamsa [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] dispositors are all in own/exaltation sign/ Kendra/kona[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.Sarala 2.Ve 3. Long-lived, fearless, learned, celebrated, prosperous 4. The 8th lord in the 8th house[/FONT]

Don't take the words of Yoga verbatim { as these have been copied from book/sofware} but, there will be good effects of Venus certainly.

I strongly feel that your Venus dasa of 20 years from 2017 will be quite good.[ though Venus is in 8th house].

This sounds really auspicious. What about the state of my Moon? It's allegedly in the best lunar mansion of them all. Do you think that would counteract Saturn in my chart?

It would be appropriate to support Venus through Gem therapy { this is common in Indian astrology, please consult Vedic astrologer} to counter bad effect of Sun on it.

Best wishes

I'm going to look into that. I love meditating, and if a gem can help, then I'm there. Thank you for your help, Rajarshi, as always.
C.

Cypocryphy

From the sarvashtakavarga evaluation of dasha periods, with Venus having 31 sarva bindus (its placement in Taurus), the mahadasha of Venus overall, will be favorable (in the table provided in the OP's pdf, that mahadasha period will follow the current Ketu mahadasha, the Venus mahadasha beginning in 2017 and running for 20 years-through 2037).

So I'm on the upswing, it looks like. Or will be moving toward a much more beneficial time. Does Vedic astrology take into account transits at this time, and treat Venus much in the same way as Fridaria or profections?

Also, using the bhinnashtakavarga for the ascendant lord, Venus, regarding transits: any planet (s) transiting the signs having 5 or more bindus in Venus BAV, would tend to produce beneficial results: these + signs for any transits are PISCES most especially, but also Taurus, Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Aquarius; conversely any planet (s) transiting signs under 4 bindus in lord-of-ascendant Venus BAV would tend to give unfavorable results: these - signs are Aries and Cancer; I would also have to say that, since Gemini has only 14 sarva bindus, and also only has average bindus {4} in Venus BAV, I would definitely add Gemini to Aries and Cancer, as signs indicative of likely unfavorable transits of any planet...

Oh okay. Ha ha. I'm going to have to educate myself on the Jyotish terminology. I understand what you are saying but, as of yet, do not know how to designate the planets according to the system you refer to. But this is really interesting, and I'm looking forward to learning more.

And thank YOU very much, Dr. Farr, for your wonderful insight as well. :smile: It is always appreciated.
C.

dr. farr

So I'm on the upswing, it looks like. Or will be moving toward a much more beneficial time.
Does Vedic astrology take into account transits at this time,

ANSWER: YES, VARIOUS SCHOOLS OF VEDIC (VEDIC IS NOT MONOLITHIC) ACCORD MUCH IMPORTANCE TO TRANSITS (CALLED "GOCHURA") WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE GIVEN DASHA PERIOD (ESPECIALLY SO THE LITTLE KNOWN NADI TRADITION IN VEDIC ASTROLOGY

...and treat Venus much in the same way as Fridaria or profectiions?

ANSWER: YES, ALTHOUGH NOT EXACTLY IN THE SAME WAY

C.

There are many similarities between the concepts of Western profection and firdaria, and the mainstream (Parasara) "dasha" systems (Vimshottari being the leading dasha system, but there are others including the Yogini and Kalacharkra dasha systems) However, the WAY that such "plaentary periods" (dashas) are determined are VERY different (from the oldtime Western methods), the Vedic determination of time-period (dasha) planetary rulership being by the allocated lordship of the Lunar Mansion (asterism, called "nakshatra") the natal Moon conjuncts (in the natal chart) In a minority branch of Vedic called "Jaimini" planets are not used at all for rulership of time periods (dashas), rather SIGNS are used for this purpose (which makes the Jaimini time-period system radically different than the oldtime Western as well as the mainstream Vedic models)

Crystalpages

Yet another interesting one takes some on a ride? And a few ride along?

Is the monkey to blame or the MONKS who fall prey to the monkey?

Love, Light, Reality??

Rohiniranjan