In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

blackbery

I agree. Virgo-Pisces axis.

People need to read the myth to understand why. There is little to no Jupiter 'luck' or optimism here.

Healing, martyrdom, self-sacrifice, pain, kindness, duty, hard work are all Virgo/Pisces traits. The story is so sad that it brings you to tears.....yet,
Chiron escaped his 'fate' of the everlasting wound by with his own death. It was a bittersweet demise to his tragic journey.

The ending of Chiron's extreme pain only came about by 'surrendering' his life
by agreeing to take the place of Prometheus and dying.
Only upon his death, was he then released from his wound that would never heal.

I mean, the most accurate and precise sign is Virgo. What better sign than Virgo for such a task?

blackbery

I can certainly understand why you would say this, being a Centaur & a Teacher.

However, Chiron was a HEALER first & foremost, the 'father' of medicine. Virgo, right?

He was born of a violent rape, abandoned & rejected by both parents. SAD.
Not exactly the positive Jupiter attribute.

Tragic life but he adapted, learned the art of healing music, arts. (hard work)

Became a great teacher to the Gods. (but always a servant, again, Virgo theme.

His death was a sacrifice but ultimately was a blessing as it released him from the mortal wounding.

We can agree to disagree David, just my take on it.:wink:

​Chiron was a centaur of Greek mythology, meaning he was a half-man, half-horse figure; but Chiron was different to most of the other centaurs written about, for Chiron was civilised and learned whilst other centaurs were regarded as savages.

https://www.greeklegendsandmyths.com/chiron.html

I have to go with Sagittarius.

blackbery

Knowing a planet or planetary body's Ruler is important in astrology.

Knowing where a sign is domiciled has been done since the beginning of astrology, mixing myths with the skies. Traditional/Modern Rulers now co-mingle.

It helps with delineating a chart & interpreting more clearly.

Over time & consensus, the astrology community have established Rulership over the :sun::moon::mercury::venus::mars::jupiter::saturn::uranus::neptune::pluto:
& this knowledge has helped with our understanding of astrology.

Eventually, over time, Chiron will be given a Ruler....as will Ceres, BML, etc.

One never stops learning in astrology if you want to take it seriously!

I don’t have a strong intuitive case for one over the other.
Does Modern assign domiciles to more than luminaries & planets? What does it mean for Chiron to be domiciled? Would it co-rule a house cusp - it evokes how disposition is already tangled with the modern compromise, co-rulerships.

Or just “at home” in a sign, but not really doing work integrated with the larger horoscope?

david starling

Yes, it will take time. Modern astrologers get to be innovative, but maybe not accepted until many decades later. The story of how trans-Saturnian co-rulers relate to trad rulers is likewise emerging slowly.

If you have domicile, then you have other decisions to make: exaltation, fall, debility. Thoughts from this thread?

Is Chiron part of 12/12, David?

I was reluctant to include Chiron, or any asteroids. But, you've seen the testimonials, and I'm not going to discount them. Chiron's getting a lotta love from a lot of talented Mods, and even Hybrids.

12/12 is capable of including Chiron as a secondary Domicile-ruler, but the dignities and debilities are set by the Domicile-signs of the 12 major indicators in Direct-motion, which includes the Asc and the Age-indicator.

I'll try a thread explaining it, but it's rather involved, and we each have our own Rulership opinions. You might find it interesting though. I had to come up with some new terms, which aren't included in Trad. I do use it on a regular basis. Most of it is standard, but what isn't conventional tends towards radical, and requires explaining.

I'm adamant about the Ages, because I'm an expert on those, and no one else is being consistent about them. In fact, most tropical astrologers don't even know the astronomy behind them.

I'll put it this way: If you think you can just say that the Age of Aquarius has already begun, then you can move all the indicators wherever you want them to be, including Sun, Moon and planets.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Chiron is domicile in Virgo
Exalted on the border of Capricorn and Aquarius (or just both signs)
Debilitated on the border of Cancer and Leo (or just both signs)
Detriment in Pisces

Works for me

Last edited:

david starling

Chiron is domicile in Virgo
Exalted on the border of Capricorn and Aquarius (or just both signs)
Debilitated on the border of Cancer and Leo (or just both signs)
Detriment in Pisces

Works for me

I can go with Virgo as Domicile for Chiron. I'll plug it into 12/12 and let the chips fall where they may.

There's a new category: "In Service", which in this case will be Chiron "In Service" when in Aquarius. Meaning, overall, a very beneficial placement, being as helpful as possible.

"Exalted", on the other hand, means (in 12/12) strong but on its own terms, so could be good or bad depending on Aspects. In this case, in 12/12, Chiron is Exalted in Aries.

"Sense of Purpose" for Chiron in Taurus.

"Facilitator" for Chiron in Gemini. (Best teaching position.)

"Sense of Direction" for Chiron in Sagittarius.

"Catalytic", for Chiron in Capricorn.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I can go with Virgo as Domicile for Chiron. I'll plug it into 12/12 and let the chips fall where they may.

There's a new category: "In Service", which in this case will be Chiron "In Service" when in Aquarius. Meaning, overall, a very beneficial placement, being as helpful as possible.

"Exalted", on the other hand, means (in 12/12) strong but on its own terms, so could be good or bad depending on Aspects. In this case, in 12/12, Chiron is Exalted in Aries.

"Sense of Purpose" for Chiron in Taurus.

"Facilitator" for Chiron in Gemini. (Best teaching position.)

"Sense of Direction" for Chiron in Sagittarius.

"Catalytic", for Chiron in Capricorn.

is "sense of purpose", "facilitator", etc actually astrological terms? or r u just making those up lol

chiron exalted in aries? david i have no idea how you come to ur conclusions
its pretty random
u really don't do pisces people justice by falling right into the stereotype

i was thinking that chiron was exalted in Aquarius because, while virgo is helpful and analytical on a personal level, aquarius helps people on wider level. a humanitarian that knows how heal people on a grand scale

david starling

is "sense of purpose", "facilitator", etc actually astrological terms? or r u just making those up lol

chiron exalted in aries? david i have no idea how you come to ur conclusions
its pretty random
u really don't do pisces people justice by falling right into the stereotype

i was thinking that chiron was exalted in Aquarius because, while virgo is helpful and analytical on a personal level, aquarius helps people on wider level. a humanitarian that knows how heal people on a grand scale

Who "made up" any of the astrological terms? Or, were they written in the sky in ancient Greek?

These are based on carefully considered patterns.

As for Chiron in Aqua, "In Service" describes what you said, better than "Exalted", imo.

AppLeo

Who "made up" any of the astrological terms? Or, were they written in the sky in ancient Greek?

These are based on carefully considered patterns.

As for Chiron in Aqua, "In Service" describes what you said, better than "Exalted", imo.

okay so lets take the sun for example...
what is the facilitator
sense of direction
catalytic
etc..

??

david starling

You're right, once you start assigning it all this stuff, the darn chart shape changes.

How would it work? If you have Virgo on the cusp of the 8th planets there are disposited by Chiron only? Mercury AND Chiron?

A primary ruler can be accompanied by a secondary ruler in each situation. But, it's the primary that sets the stage.

david starling

okay so lets take the sun for example...
what is the facilitator
sense of direction
catalytic
etc..

??

In 12/12, the Sun is Domiciled in Leo

Now, here's where you'll be in extreme disagreement, but it works for me, so we'll have to agree to disagree, no doubt!

Having determined the patterns, I don't pick and choose at random. Things just fall into place on their own, even if they're extremely unconventional. The Trad explanations are based on a 7/12 pattern, and stress things like hot and moist, cold and dry, etc. I'm not using that. So, here goes, and prepare to disagree:

In 12/12, the Sun is "In Service" when it's in.....Capricorn.

Exalted in Pisces

Sense of Purpose in Aries

Sense of Direction in Scorpio

Facilitator in Taurus

Catalytic in Sagittarius

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

David, why don't you go about explaining the rudiments of your astro pattern again? I remember you speaking about it on the forum many moons ago (most likely in BlackSun?'s thread but not sure if remembering right) but now it's lost in AW archives.

I remember finding it to be one of the more compelling alternate rulership schemes because of its internal consistency.

Last edited: