Were you born with a health problem related to your DSC?

Summery Joy

OK. Here's a wacky theory that I'd like to prove right or wrong and I figured I'd start here. I've come a cross a bunch of people who were born with health problems related to the part of the body ruled by the sign of the DSC or the planet in the 7th house. I, for one, was born without one of my hip joints and had to be fixed with surgery. My DSC is Sagittarius (very related). However, I have Neptune in my 7th house and I was born with no Neptune-related health problems.

If you don't know what sign rules what part, go to this thread.
http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604

Lunar Pisces

Yes I was born anemic, which is commonly associated with Pisces, which rules my DC and 7th. I have moon in the 7th conjunct the DC too, but am not sure what would be associated with that. I can't get your link to work.

Lapis

On another thread I was going on and on about my passion of dealing with the 12 Signs and 12 Houses as 6 very connected polarities instead of 12 seperated energies. What you're going after here sorehearted is an aspect of what I was talking about also.

Yes we can't cut off or disconnect from the opposite Signs/Houses in any way I feel. Especially the ones opposite very important things like our Sun, ASC, angles etc. With Pisces rising I will in varying ways, have to also deal with those Virgo energies and traits in my 7th. Luckly I've not experienced any real negative health problems related to Virgo but it will be interesting to see what others share about this issue.

Elianah

Hmmm....interesting.

I was born with partially clubbed feet, which would be sort of a Pisces-Virgo axis thing. Yet my Pisces-Virgo axis is my IC/MC axis, not my ASC/DSC axis (Sag/Gemini).

Now I did have big speech problems when I was young which took many years of speech therapy to overcome. I am not sure if the mouth and jaw fall under Gemini, but my fear of speaking to this day would come from that. Speaking my own truth in my physical voice to those I am in close relationship with is a big problem for me. My physical voice has improved greatly over lo these many years from reports given to me, but mentally and emotionally I don't recognize that. Mental wounds would also be a Gemini issue.

My thinking is that perhaps the whole angular cross would have to be taken into account because it speaks to the us we project out (1st), the us we are trained to be (4th), the us that is projected back to us (7th) and the us the greater world wants us to be (10th). Whatever signs and planets are within the grand cross and the aspects made will determine at what level the "defect" will be shown at its greatest manifestation—physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.

I am thinking out loud here, so take what fits and ditch the rest. :D

Summery Joy

Interesting theory, Elianah. I'll try to incorporate it with whole DSC thing. But if my theory is right, then maybe that Gemini DSC of yours is related to the verbal communication problems you had as a kid. It's not a part of the body, but it's a function ruled by Gemini.

Lunar pisces, what link can't you get to work? The one about the signs and the parts of the body? If you can't use the link, go to the thread itself. It's entitled "Planets & Parts of the Body" in the Natal and Predictive Astrology Forum.

Elianah

Sore,

I agree wholeheartedly. The speech issues are a Gemini related issue and the way I was unmercifully teased (a sick form of communication—another Gemini issue) or put down about the sound of my physical voice when I was a child from both family and classmates (4th and 10th) informed and impacted how I saw myself (1st) via others eyes (7th).

I brought in the angular grand cross because it shows the greater impact that the malady had on me. I spoke about my feet because not all physical natal birth ailments will always fall readily into a 7th house placement. If you look at the angular grand cross and the planets you have in it, it may tell you the way your imparement affected you.

As I was writing this a flash came to me and I don't know if it will be proved out or not: the major physical malady of a person will also be reflected by the placement ruler of the DSC and the aspects it makes, in my case Mercury, since it rules Gemini. Mercury for me is conjoined within 36' of complete, exact conjunction of Pluto in the other sign it rules, Virgo and is in the 9th house—higher learning, higher communications, etc. I have to ponder this more, along with the emotional impact (the Moon and its nodes). If anyone is interested in this free association discussion, perhaps we can start a different thread on it.

Summery Joy

Hmmm.. very interesting. Let me try it on my chart.

OK. So let's say the my problem of being born without one of my hip joints is represented by my Sagittarius DSC. The ruler, Jupiter, is in Leo in my 4th house as a part of a stellium. I had to deal with some self-esteem issues (Leo) growing up and finally was able to get through with the support of my family (4th house) and my appreciation for everything they have done for me. The marks from the surgery are pretty obvious and I was always (and still am) being asked about it by people who don't know me very well (10th house) and their impression was shock (Aquarius) every time I told it (my story is pretty weird really). Over the years, this experience has contributed to the was I think (Gemini) about myself as an individual (1st house) and although I sort of had a why-me phase growing up, I know consider myself lucky (Sagittarius) that my diseases circumstances (7th house in this theory) were only the way they were, nothing more serious. Interestingly enough, I have Neptune in my 7th house. I was lied to about the circumstances of my problem until I was around 12 or 13. My family thought it would be best not to tell me that I was born with something wrong with me and preferred to tell me that I fell off the bed and broke a hip when I was 11 months old (that's when they had discovered my problem). No other angular house has any planets excpet for the stellium in the 4th house (I got most of my power through family in one way or another). Over the years, I had to learn to appreciate my family for they did for me (North Node in the 4th house) instead of worrying about how my scar made me look in a swimsuit and how I still cannot perfom with 100% well with my legs as per the standrads of the public (South Node in the 10th house).

Elianah, this is a great! Thanks. I feel so enlightened :idea:

franklin taylor

Dsc and health problems

I had not heard this could happen. I was born without a spinal joint at the sacral one and the fifth lumbar connection. Its just a hole with skin and flesh covering it. Its called Spina Bifida Occulta. It is possible to never know you have it unless you are X-rayed. One of my sisters have it and we both are Aquarius Rising which means we have Leo the ruler of the heart and spine on the DSC. I do not know if it is astrological related though because it's cause primarily relates to the mother not getting enough Folic acid during pregnancy. I also have another Aquarius Rising sibling (sister) we all have some back problems of varying degrees. Other siblings do to and their not Aquarius rising, but to a lesser degree so maybe astrology is working here. So is paying the price for poor natal nutrition on the parents part ,and poor nutrition growing up.
Wishing all good health
Franklin

Summery Joy

Franklin,

I bet it's interesting to have so many siblings with the same ASC. I have a twin sister and she has a different ASC :D

Maybe astrology is working here among other stuff. Where are your natal chiron and Mars? I've noticed that they have a related influence in some of the charts that I've looked at.

franklin taylor

H

Sorehearted,
It is amazing what a little time difference makes that twins would have different acendants but, I bet it happens often though. I love those sisters of mine who were Aquarius ASC but they were the ones I had the most conflicts with growing up. My birth data is 8/12/66 18:27 Harrison Arkansas USA. My Chiron was in conjuntion with Saturn in Pisces in my second house. Mars is in Cancer in the sixth house but so is Venus, Jupiter and Mercury in Leo but in the sixth house. My Moon is in Cancer but in the fifth house. I have some friends children (4) were all born minutes before 8 am except one who was born 8:30 PM. One is a triple Cancer by that I mean Moon, Sun, and Acsendant are all in Cancer. My mother had three children born between 6:27, 6:31, and 6:35 all in the evening. Different years of course. :eek:
Take care.
Franklin

Summery Joy

I dunno Franklin,

I don't see anything in your chart that could cause back problems from birth except the Leo DSC. Of course it is just a theory and I'm no expert in medical astrology, but it seems to work more than it doesn't.

kyle8921

Wow.. once again, astrology is scaring me!

I have kyphosis, a spinal disease that runs in my family. It's slightly in my back, but it's still there!

I wasn't born with it, but they knew I had it when I turned 12.

I have a Leo descendent.

I have the moon in the 7th house, though I don't know what it means.

Draco

Hi all,

I'm not sure about this one.

I have a Virgo descendant, but I have never had any particular trouble with my digestive system yet in my life.

The only 'illness' that would stand out as being particularly prominent in my early life was my terrible depression and crushing lack of self confidence, which I suppose might be ascribed to Virgo. I am also a Sun Virgo, and this is in the 7th House, so if the Sun is general vitality, well-being, personal esteem and sense of purpose, then I can see how this might relate to a challenge with confidence and general self-esteem in my earlier life. So perhaps there is something in this.

I also have Venus right upon my descendant, perhaps my saving grace from any digestive trouble? A psychlogical perspective might show my tremendous shyness as a child, with Venus on the DC representing an acute sensitivity to others? I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe there's not much in this.

I must point out I am a very confident and positive person thesedays.

The only problem in a physical sense that I have always suffered from is my terribly sensitive skin. So there is that sensitivity theme again.........I wonder if this is to do with Venus in Virgo on the DC? Any ideas?

What planets/signs are meant to rule the skin anyway?

Since my teens, when experiencing periods of stress or big changes in life, I will develop an acute itchiness that no matter how much I scratch it can't be abated, until I end up covered in red claw marks where I have scratched myself to ribbons in frustration. I wonder if this sensitivity, both psycholocigal and physical, is any manifestation of my Venus/Virgo DC?

Anyway, how come you are looking to the 7th cusp for information on ailments and not the 6th?

Draco :wink:

ps: I was about to post this when I had an afterthought - The only parts of my body on which I experience this itchiness when it occurs can be anywhere round the lower back and stomach, the buttocks, the groin and the thighs down to the knees. The signs corresponding to these body parts run from Leo to Saggitarius, which is interesting, because in my chart I only have planets placed in Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. Hmm..........

Summery Joy

Draco said:
The only 'illness' that would stand out as being particularly prominent in my early life was my terrible depression and crushing lack of self confidence, which I suppose might be ascribed to Virgo. I am also a Sun Virgo, and this is in the 7th House, so if the Sun is general vitality, well-being, personal esteem and sense of purpose, then I can see how this might relate to a challenge with confidence and general self-esteem in my earlier life. So perhaps there is something in this.

Maybe. Where are your natal Saturn, Chiron and South Node?

Draco

Hi Sorehearted,

Thanks for your interest.

I have Saturn in Libra at 21 degrees, which is it's degree of exaltation, it has Mercury and Pluto conjunct at either side at 17 and 26 degrees respectively. This stellium is in the 7th house according to Placidus houses, along with my Virgo Sun.

Saturn applies a sextile to Neptune which is closely conjunct my MC at 23/24 degrees Sagittarius. (I'm Pisces rising). Saturn is semi-sextile the Sun.

My Chiron, is retrograde at 28 Taurus in the 2nd, right in opposition to my powerful Mars in Scorpio in the 8th. The moon is at 29 Leo, conjunct Regulus, and is in square to Chiron.

My south node is at 11 degrees Capricorn. It is sextile my Pisces ascendant and my Jupiter/Scorpio/8th. It is in trine with Venus which is right upon the DC in Virgo.

Cheers.

Draco. :wink:

Summery Joy

Draco,

I believe the skin is ruled by Capricorn, where you have the south node. This placement of the south node may haved added to your skin problems *and* depression problems while you were growing up.

Yes, Virgo Sun explains some of lack of self-confidence that you had to deal with, but it's not only that. It's mainly the stellium in the 7th house that was taking the dynamics of your energies away from self-assertion (1st house function).

Rule of thumb, if you have a big stellium somewhere and the opposite area is empty then that empty area will be the source of trouble (healthwise and other wise), be it a house or a sign.

Take me for instance, I have an explosive stellium in Leo and nothing in Aquarius. I have always had trouble with my nervous system. What makes it even worse for me, is that I have Uranus in the 6th house (health).

The South Node and Saturn have malefic effects on the health of the body part ruled by the sign and/or house they're in. I have the South Node in Pisces and Neptune in the 7th house (back to my theory). You have no idea how abscent minded I've always been. My Saturn is in Virgo. Yes, I've always had trouble in my digestive systems and I've noticed that most or the poeple my age do because they have the same placement. The ones who don't have diegestive system trouble despite the same location of Saturn always turn out to also have Mars in Virgo. Mars gives strength to the body part ruled by the sign it's in, I've noticed. Your Saturn is in Libra. Libra rules the kidneys I think. But sturn is exalted here, so I don't know if it could have a malefic effect on health.

You have Chiron Rx in Taurus *and* the 2nd house? I'm thinking about your throat now :D. Maybe it's the first part that gets sore when you catch a cold? I dunno, but unless you have another placements that makes up for this one, I'd be surpirsed if your Taurus body parts aren't senstive.

On a non-health but similar issue, a friend told me that the body part ruled by the sign where Venus is located is usually pretty unless there's another malefic effect involved. I'm still studying that. I have my Venus in Leo and I don't know if I have a "pretty" back! :lol:

Shimmy26

Well, I don't believe I was born with anything Leo-related, but I was just told that when I was 1 or 2 I kept on breaking out into an insane rash that basically covered my whole body, and I don't really know how that figures into all of this.

Draco - I was very interested in what you were talking about - depression, lack of self-confidence, sensitive skin - I can relate to all of those, and the only thing I could relate to in your chart (only going from the placements you mentioned) is that we both have pisces and virgo in the 1st and 7th, respectively, except your is on the cusp, and mine have all 30 degrees in those houses, but not on the cusp. And my best friend has the same rash-type thing as you do, due to stress. Her DSC is in cancer (she does tend to have problems with her stomach), but I'm not exactly sure how this all comes together. Maybe because she has Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all in Cap in the first?

Arian Maverick

Maybe people (myself included) are unsure about what medical problems are ruled by certain signs...

Could someone give a brief summary, perhaps?

Aquarian Maverick