No Aries placements...but has a strong Aries vibe?

dude123

Banned
My sister is a Cancer, but she's pretty aggressive, headstrong, and gets mad very easily. Every little thing seems to tick her off. She's known as the "tough" type of girl who isn't afraid to assert herself. As the oldest in the family, she used to boss my younger siblings and I around and make us do stuff for her. Also, when she was younger she used to WANT to be a boy and was angry that God made her into a female. She would always try to be like a guy in every way possible (i.e dress in guy clothes, cut her hair short, talk in a deep voice, etc). Basically she's kinda tomboyish and acted pretty much like a guy in her younger years.

Although, despite her strong Aries/Mars vibe, I'm surprised she doesn't have any Aries placements in her chart. Where the heck is this "manly" energy coming from? There HAS to be something from her chart...but I'm not sure what.

Here's her chart:

js5.gif

dude123

Banned
I REALLY want to know the answer to this. I've been thinking and pondering about it for so long, as I can't seem to pinpoint the exact aspects or placements in her chart that is making her this way. More specifically, is it the Mars aspects? Is it her Mars being angular, thus, having more power and influence over her? Heck, was it because she was raised by 2 Aries parents? Come on, I want to know the answer to this so bad.

Krewster

Agreeing with your puzzlement since Ven 120 Nept is the chart's tightest (6 min).

Adding minors in you get:

-Mars 150 Uran (40 min orb);

-Sat/Pluto in a septile-biseptile-triseptile triangle with both luminaries (max orb looseness 49 min); and

-Mars septile Ven (1.05 orb).

The first a.m. can represent guilt-free, erratic action while the last brings frequent relational changes and perhaps some of the tomboy you mention (not sure).

The middle a.m. constitutes about one-half of the total aspects to each of the luminaries and so is quite central to her chart. To the extent the 7 series aspects confer over-compulsive behaviorial tendencies between the planets involved you can expect her to not know how to not dominate (the aspects to her Sun and Moon from Pluto re 13 and 25 min, respectively) but also to be Saturnian - somber perhaps?

astrology02

her descendant is at 29 degree 53 minutes pisces which is VERY close to aries. She would have aries tendencies such as being strong willed in close personal relationships. With her descendant being at the last degree of a sign..she would have a lot of aries influence. I have a leo sun at 29 degrees...and most people mistake me for a virgo.I actually relate more to virgo than leo.

Last edited:

raqun

It is a theory so don't take it to seriously, but maybe such tight angles between different signs create a false sense of identity.. with her mars being conjunct the MC along with two of the most "identity oriented" planets.

JUPITERASC

her descendant is at 29 degree 53 minutes pisces which is VERY close to aries. She would have aries tendencies such as being strong willed in close personal relationships. With her descendant being at the last degree of a sign..she would have a lot of aries influence. I have a leo sun at 29 degrees...and most people mistake me for a virgo.I actually relate more to virgo than leo.
Unless someone stood by with a stopwatch and timed the birth to the precise exact moment of the first breath, then in this case an Aries Ascendant is very likely since the birthtime could easily be 'off' by only three minutes or so :smile:

Marinka

Since this is your sister, ethically I'm not going to dig deep -- just some superficial stuff which might help a bit.

There are three planets in Sagittarius which is the sign associated with the athlete and some of the "manly" characteristics might be due to that. Although, the planets in Sagittarius are not the personal planets, they could have some influence here.

The Mars in Cancer can be deceiving. Cancer is a cardinal (along with Aries, Libra, and Capricorn) and wants to be in charge and in this case, takes the actions to be in charge. Both Sun and Mercury are also in Cancer which put additional emphasis on the cardinality in the chart.

The ascendent is close enough to Libra that many of the characteristics of that sign are likely showing through. While Libra is many times associated with the scales of justice and the beauty (along with countless other traits), I never forget that Libra is also associated with war.

dude123

Banned
Could Mars conjunct Mercury (chart ruler) and Mars square Ascendant have something to do with it? I noticed Mars widely conjuncts her Sun as well, and widely semi-squares her Moon, and makes a bunch of other aspects with her other planets.

It might not seem like it...but I think if you add up all the Mars aspects together and look at it as a whole, her Mars is pretty influential, especially when it's angular.

dude123

Banned
Interestingly, she isn't tomboish anymore and with time she slowly adapted to her "feminity" such as wearing makeup and had interest in dating guys; something she used to hate A LOT back then. Though, her "manly" characteristics still come out every now and then.

Vista

Her ASC is close to Libra not Aries. Mercury conjunct Mars can make one argumentative and given Mars is squared her ASC and Mercury is also conjunct her Sun, she could get mad or snap at people easily. In general, Cancer personal planets can make one very touchy and moody so this can add to the aggressive tendencies despite Cancer being known as a more "soft and nuturing" type of planet. I think Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sag and the house of communication could make her say things without thinking. Given her ASC is minutes away from changing signs, she could be ruled by Libra - Venus in Leo which is very masculine which is also square Jupiter/Uranus again aiding in the unpredictable behavior.

My sister is a Cancer, but she's pretty aggressive, headstrong, and gets mad very easily. Every little thing seems to tick her off. She's known as the "tough" type of girl who isn't afraid to assert herself. As the oldest in the family, she used to boss my younger siblings and I around and make us do stuff for her. Also, when she was younger she used to WANT to be a boy and was angry that God made her into a female. She would always try to be like a guy in every way possible (i.e dress in guy clothes, cut her hair short, talk in a deep voice, etc). Basically she's kinda tomboyish and acted pretty much like a guy in her younger years.

Although, despite her strong Aries/Mars vibe, I'm surprised she doesn't have any Aries placements in her chart. Where the heck is this "manly" energy coming from? There HAS to be something from her chart...but I'm not sure what.

Here's her chart:

js5.gif

raqun

After looking at it some more, my the best explanation is her Mars being conjunct her MC. As I understand, the MC tells us what we find respectable in others and therefore wish to be able to do it ourselves. Sun and Mercury should help express it.

dude123

Banned
Her ASC is close to Libra not Aries. Mercury conjunct Mars can make one argumentative and given Mars is squared her ASC and Mercury is also conjunct her Sun, she could get mad or snap at people easily. In general, Cancer personal planets can make one very touchy and moody so this can add to the aggressive tendencies despite Cancer being known as a more "soft and nuturing" type of planet. I think Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sag and the house of communication could make her say things without thinking. Given her ASC is minutes away from changing signs, she could be ruled by Libra - Venus in Leo which is very masculine which is also square Jupiter/Uranus again aiding in the unpredictable behavior.

Wow, this is so true! You're absolutely right about her getting mad or snapping at people easily. Ever since she was young, I always see her yelling at mom and calling her names like "b!tch" whenever things didn't go her way. To this day I still see her yell at mom, but also her husband, and sometimes even myself whenever we try to talk to her or ask her questions, she'll SNAP. But the "snappiness" is especially worse when she's on her period, no offense...

Just an example, one time she thought I was talking to her, so then she snapped at me and was like "WHAAAAAT?!! God, you're so stupid!".

But that's just one example, there were many other times where it was worse than that. I feel bad for her husband because she snaps at him like 80% of the time when he's at our house, constantly calling him dumb and stupid. :pinched:

Last edited:

Vista

She sounds abusive; no offense!! I bet she has a chemical or hormone imbalance with both her 6th house of health and its rulers Jupiter and Neptune afflicted by Mars and Uranus.

Wow, this is so true! You're absolutely right about her getting mad or snapping at people easily. Ever since she was young, I always see her yelling at mom and calling her names like "b!tch" whenever things didn't go her way. To this day I still see her yell at mom, but also her husband, and sometimes even myself whenever we try to talk to her or ask her questions, she'll SNAP. But the "snappiness" is especially worse when she's on her period, no offense...

Just an example, one time she thought I was talking to her, so then she snapped at me and was like "WHAAAAAT?!! God, you're so stupid!".

But that's just one example, there were many other times where it was worse than that. I feel bad for her husband because she snaps at him like 80% of the time when he's at our house, constantly calling him dumb and stupid. :pinched:

dude123

Banned
I know this might sound crazy, but is it possible it may have something to do with her Taurus Moon? I know Taurus isn't known to be aggressive...but I mean think about it, Chris Brown has a Taurus Moon + Cancer Mars just like my sister and he's INCREDIBLY violent and aggressive, since he beat up Rihanna. My sister is VERY similar to Chris Brown as she used to be pretty physically violent herself when she got really angry, but it was never as bad as Chris Brown. Her physical afflictions usually just involves smacking, slaps, and pulling hair, but nothing too serious or severe. But still, she could be quite strong at times.

Also, the Moon sign is the emotions, including emotional reactions such as anger, so it makes sense that all this anger comes from the Taurus Moon. Plus, considering the fact that the Moon rules Cancer, that would make her Moon sign even more prominent.

I dunno if this might have something to do with it as well, but I also noticed that her Taurus Moon conjuncts the fixed star Algol, which is considered as one of the most violent stars. I know this usually indicates a violent death, but I'm sure it could affect the emotions and disposition of a person as well.

Just a food for thought I guess...

Melaike

I think inconjunctions are very important in a chart but unfortunately I don't know how to interpret them.İn your sister's chart she has Mars-Uranus inconjunt I think it explains why she is the way you described her.