Sun in 4th house

7401Rizey

hey, my sun (pisces) is in 4th house. I'm wondering if anybody else has the same placement. Do you feel more connected to family or your family roots?

hey, my sun (pisces) is in 4th house. I'm wondering if anybody else has the same placement. Do you feel more connected to family or your family roots?
Hi There,

My Sun is in the 4th and I am connected to my family because I can't seem to get them out of my life completely. I did manage to move 60 miles away though. I also have zero domestication within me. My sons are now grown in college and married and I never cooked one meal for them, we ate Japanese or something like that every night and I worked while I raised them. I couldn't be a stay at home mom, it wasn't my deal. I think it may have to do with my Sun being in Sag and 3 other planets in the sign of Sag also.

I have a Sun (4th) / Moon (10th) opposition, so my relationships with my parents was not great, I always felt as though I was the one parenting them and I still feel as though they would prefer it to be that way, if I allowed it and lived within their reach.

But, I can say that I am not your typical Sagittarius Sun, meaning people wouldn't know I am a Sag until after they got to know me, because I am very reserved and quiet if I don't know someone, sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my Sun being in the 4th. I am also a very, very, very private person unlike a typical Sag. I think this may have to do with Scorpio on my 4th house cusp.

I cee

My mother would like me to live next door and has gone to great lengths to make this happen. it hasnt!

Haha, yes this has happened to me too!!!
I must say I do value family, BUT, I have sun sagg sq pluto and.....well I needed to escape their HOLD for my own sanity.
We don't talk now but I honour their values and traits they have given me, BUT I can't be around them, and I feel I would be dishonest to try.
Done this too, out of duty. Duty doesn't equal love and honesty though!

I relate SPUNKYSAGGI!!!!!

"But, I can say that I am not your typical Sagittarius Sun, meaning people wouldn't know I am a Sag until after they got to know me, because I am very reserved and quiet if I don't know someone, sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my Sun being in the 4th. I am also a very, very, very private person unlike a typical Sag."

Last edited:

Munch

I have a fourth house sun as well. I am not particularly attached to my father's side of the family and that includes him. I LOVE him deeply but he is such an unhealthy person.

I take more of a responsible role with my mentally ill brother, and love him as well, though sometimes I can't tell if its love or guilt or both.

I love my Mom with all of my heart. It didn't used to be that way with our suns in opposition, but now there is no one on the planet that I care more about. She's thousands of miles away though in another state and due to the Cap./Can. polarity, Pluto and Uranus have worked us both over financially. So we can't visit one another. This is particularly painful for me.

I have zero attachments to 'roots' and certainly don't adhere to social codes that are derived exclusively from heritage.

Most people, based upon appearance would consider me a black woman, BUT if I ever consider myself on that level, I consider every race that is a part of me. This includes the Sioux Nation as well as the Irish. That said, I have a general sort of ambivalent interest in these cultures. Currently, Pluto has crossed my IC a couple of times now, as well as being stationary and it hasn't made me any more interested than before.

In terms of spirituality, I HAVE always been inclined to pursue a relationship with everything on the esoteric level for as long as I can remember. For this reason, as well as having met a multitude of 4th house suns that aren't particularly tied to apron strings so to speak, I think the emphasis goes back to 'source' more so than earthly or physical heritatge.

Also, I have no real overriding desire to be a parent, but I imagine I'd be a great one.

Last edited:
I feel the same about zero attachment to roots. I dont even collect things. Seriously, I kid you not, I have had about 30 addresses in the last 21 years and I dont think about any of the places I have lived, I dont miss them and I never think of returning to them.

The other thing I noticed I dont take any photos, I am not sure if its because I dont care to remember the past but I am not attached to the past, if anything I am ok to not remember it.

I also have never been attached to my dad. My parents were married but my dad was never home, my dad was a functioning alcoholic and drug addict. I never felt a loss or a longing to be "daddy's girl" or to have him around. In fact, having him around was more of a pain than not, so I preferred him to be gone.

Do you by chance have a Saturn retrograde?

Munch

No, I have Saturn exactly conjunct Jupiter on my Asc in Libra squaring my Capricorn sun.

So, same sort of vibes. Very Saturnian.

Haha, yes this has happened to me too!!!
I must say I do value family, BUT, I have sun sagg sq pluto and.....well I needed to escape their HOLD for my own sanity.
We don't talk now but I honour their values and traits they have given me, BUT I can't be around them, and I feel I would be dishonest to try.
Done this too, out of duty. Duty doesn't equal love and honesty though!

I relate SPUNKYSAGGI!!!!!

"But, I can say that I am not your typical Sagittarius Sun, meaning people wouldn't know I am a Sag until after they got to know me, because I am very reserved and quiet if I don't know someone, sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my Sun being in the 4th. I am also a very, very, very private person unlike a typical Sag."
I feel the same way about my mom, I cannot be around her, but respect how she is, I just do not choose her to be in my story, because it would be a lie. Plus, I am not the type of person to fake stuff. People know how I feel about them good or bad, it is what it is.

No, I have Saturn exactly conjunct Jupiter on my Asc in Libra squaring my Capricorn sun.

So, same sort of vibes. Very Saturnian.
Interesting. After I began studying astrology, I kind of came to think the reason I didn't connect with my parents was because I have Sun in 4th oppose my moon / Saturn conjunction in the 10th & Saturn is retrograde. Everything seemed to be in opposition and I always figured that's why I opposed everything about my parents and family stuff. I always felt like I was born in the wrong family, like my values from the time I was a child were completely opposite of my parents / family.

I would often wonder why they do things and make choices that were just wrong, you know like basic stuff they teach you at school is wrong. I mean they sent me to a religious private school you would think they would follow some rules.

Munch

Hmmm. I am thinking that because the 4th house represents heritage and lineage, the sun being here shows us to be the product of that lineage more so than other house placements. We are the results of all those years of genes getting passed down, and all of those racial memories if you believe in such things. We are what our ancestors have created and now perhaps it is up to us to establish a new paradigm in keeping with a higher or more pure expression of our family's legacy.

Perhaps we are meant to break from the old and establish a new way of being to end the cycle of Karma for our families. Maybe that is why none of us are particularly beholden to them....

On the other hand, I have a heavy dose of Sagittarius in my chart as well so I tend to enjoy staying unattached for the most part.

Hmmm. I am thinking that because the 4th house represents heritage and lineage, the sun being here shows us to be the product of that lineage more so than other house placements. We are the results of all those years of genes getting passed down, and all of those racial memories if you believe in such things. We are what our ancestors have created and now perhaps it is up to us to establish a new paradigm in keeping with a higher or more pure expression of our family's legacy.

Perhaps we are meant to break from the old and establish a new way of being to end the cycle of Karma for our families. Maybe that is why none of us are particularly beholden to them....

On the other hand, I have a heavy dose of Sagittarius in my chart as well so I tend to enjoy staying unattached for the most part.
Ohhh... I forgot to mention, from the time I was 3 I never wanted to get married or have children. But, I had 2 sons and married very early in life. Both of which I never did again. By the time I was 23 I was divorced and never so happy.

Doing the kid thing was a BIG challenge in the beginning because I was so young and really wasnt into it. Plus, I do not have a domestic bone in my body, I was anything but the traditional mother. But, once I divorced it kind of clicked in. I wasnt the perfect parent and never claim to be, but I can tell you that my sons, now almost 19 and 22 are the loves of my life, I raised them single but shared custody with their dad and I am extremely close to them and always have been. They also turned out to be good men for which I am so proud of them.

So I agree, though you may not desire to have children you probably would be an awesome parent! :)

Southpaw

Banned
Ohhh... I forgot to mention, from the time I was 3 I never wanted to get married or have children. But, I had 2 sons and married very early in life. Both of which I never did again. By the time I was 23 I was divorced and never so happy.

Doing the kid thing was a BIG challenge in the beginning because I was so young and really wasnt into it. Plus, I do not have a domestic bone in my body, I was anything but the traditional mother. But, once I divorced it kind of clicked in. I wasnt the perfect parent and never claim to be, but I can tell you that my sons, now almost 19 and 22 are the loves of my life, I raised them single but shared custody with their dad and I am extremely close to them and always have been. They also turned out to be good men for which I am so proud of them.

So I agree, though you may not desire to have children you probably would be an awesome parent! :)
You must be a genius if you're able to remember things from 3 years old.

Munch

Interesting. After I began studying astrology, I kind of came to think the reason I didn't connect with my parents was because I have Sun in 4th oppose my moon / Saturn conjunction in the 10th & Saturn is retrograde. Everything seemed to be in opposition and I always figured that's why I opposed everything about my parents and family stuff. I always felt like I was born in the wrong family, like my values from the time I was a child were completely opposite of my parents / family.

I would often wonder why they do things and make choices that were just wrong, you know like basic stuff they teach you at school is wrong. I mean they sent me to a religious private school you would think they would follow some rules.

I also went to a religious private school. I am not religious at all! I also don't act like anyone in my family. I tend to do my own thing and always have.

I also went to a religious private school. I am not religious at all! I also don't act like anyone in my family. I tend to do my own thing and always have.
Thats funny because Im not religious at all either, in fact I dont discuss religion with people. Here's the funny thing, my parents sent me to a lutheran school (neither of them were lutheran.) My dad was mormon, so on wednesdays I went to primary school. Then on Thursday afternoons the Jehovahs came by (still, neither of them were Jehovah Witness either.) Then I was sent to vacation bible school during the summers. Seriously... really?? My dad was a functioning drug addict / alcoholic and my mom played the starring role in the chaos! I just look back and thank god I live far away from them.

You must be a genius if you're able to remember things from 3 years old.
No, no genius here. I remember because I had a specific conversation with my mother. She did not talk to me when I was young so I had imaginary friends. She would make comments about them. One day I told her that my friend "viza" was my boyfriend and not my husband, and he came home every night and he never made me cry like her husband makes her. It was then that I told her I that I never wanted to get married and most definitely never wanted to have children and to please stop buying me dolls because I didn't want to be a mother like her. Probably if it weren't for that experience I wouldn't remember.

I do have a brother, 10 years younger and I did take responsibility for him, I always watched him when he was young, I really loved him. I knew from the time he was 2 he would be gay and I was the first person he came out to when he was 18.

Southpaw

Banned
No, no genius here. I remember because I had a specific conversation with my mother. She did not talk to me when I was young so I had imaginary friends. She would make comments about them. One day I told her that my friend "viza" was my boyfriend and not my husband, and he came home every night and he never made me cry like her husband makes her. It was then that I told her I that I never wanted to get married and most definitely never wanted to have children and to please stop buying me dolls because I didn't want to be a mother like her. Probably if it weren't for that experience I wouldn't remember.
interesting

One of my life goals is actually to not marry, and like you Saturn rules my 7th cusp. My parents didn't have the smoothest relation either. Now of course I'm nowhere near special enough to make no marriage the policy as early as 3 years old and have imaginary girlfriends.

I also have an Air Moon, you probably could have guessed that it's not in Libra due to the no marriages policy.

Fragoso

Sun in 4th and libra here :rightful: Yeah pretty weak one.
I am reserved, shy, introverted, and private to some degree. Sun in 4th just shows itself when it feels safe.