Rethinking Mercury in Pisces..

CosmicBlyss

Mercury deals with our perception, thinking processes, learning and cognitive abilities, our sense of hearing in particular.

In Pisces if well aspected can give a great imagination, thinks a lot about spirituality and transcendence and can lend a sympathetic ear to those in trouble. Actually a lively imagination regardless but logic can be overcome by fantasy and wishful thinking.

Sensitivity to sounds and likes to be introspective, communicate and learns about those less privileged and like to spend time dreaming and being alone is a general analysis. Can be vague and confused with speech and get lost when travelling.

Umm..Yes. :whistling:

CosmicBlyss

This general thread is Seriously Awesome. :biggrin:

Mercury in Pisces 10.05/8.25/21.8
Moon in Aquarius 10.85/8.73/24.2

640407181_o.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicBlyss

Olivia

I think mercury in pisces is a high vibration and when I read your post about 'wet' I thought of the ocean and whales and dolphins communicating across 1000s of miles of ocean. only heard by those who can listen into that frequency

:biggrin: I seriously :love: this thread..did I say that already? :tongue:

It's kind of a dream of mine to be able to actually communicate with whales..
count me in on the advent of such development..humanely of course!

CosmicBlyss

a while ago someone posted about the vibration of how we communicate those who excel in merc in pisces dont get heard cos the frequency gets lost in a world where those who are just working on the base level. (like having planets in 12th house and not appreciating their value)

I will post a link that I saw the other day about where mercury comes in your chart. it was quite interesting.

here you go - you may have already seen it - http://www.khaldea.com/planets/merc_type.shtml

Well ain't that somethin..very interesting indeed! :tongue:

"If your Mercury type is Promethean-Retrograde, you possess a mind seeking independence from biological limitations and the dictates of social convention. It does so because it is driven by an intuitive impulse to realize a new quality of being, the full nature of which you may not as yet clearly or fully understand.

But independence from natural compulsions and social convention often leads to a more or less violent rebellion against the past and its traditions, or from anything which holds back your mental eagerness.
Eventually, the Promethean-Retrograde type generally tires of resisting whatever she feels hinders her freedom. {Umm..like my LIFE?}
Then mental combativeness {3rd house Aquarius Moon opposite Leo Mars} gives ways to a powerful intuitive identification with, and a creative contribution to, something greater than the person {3rd house Mercury in Pisces}."

640378369_o.jpg

{Michael Whelon - The Fourth Crusade}

Do you notice the burning city in the background..? While the cloaked woman is sitting on the shore of time..reflecting,
understanding, resigned to her fate..leaving the more chaotic past behind..that's how I see this.
:joyful:

"Because the Promethean-Retrograde phase lasts from ten to fifteen days, it is seen in only about one out of ten birth charts.
Great minds and influential thinkers are found among Promethean-Retrograde types, including Aldous Huxley.
A member of England’s most prominent scientific family, Huxley migrated to America, where he became a famous novelist and social critic. Always a futuristic thinker, Huxley’s Promethean-Retrograde Mercury is clearly shown in his best-known novel, Brave New World." {Aquarius much?}

"Mercury’s character is traditionally said to be asexual, and its significance in a natal chart doesn’t vary much between men and women. Women born during Mercury’s Promethean-Retrograde phase, however, often find themselves engaged in challenging traditional roles and in defining a new image of woman."

604309359_o.jpg

"Some of the most outstanding icons of new womanhood are Promethean-Rx types. Victoria Woodhull, an early feminist of the nineteenth century and one of the most Promethean women of the modern era, is exemplary of the type.
Chrissie Hynde - who opened the way for women to work as creative and musical principals in the world of rock music -
is a contemporary icon whose legacy has a tremendous impact on creative young women.
The editor of Cosmopolitan and author of Sex and the Single Girl, Helen Gurley Brown, is another Promethean-Rx woman."

I interpret this as..while you may look the part and/or feel/relate to a more 'traditional' interpretation of standard/classic femininity,
you may not necessarily think or communicate in ways that were particularly encouraged for a woman once upon a time, though not really so long ago in actuality. Women's suffrage anyone? Among other things.

640407172_o.jpg

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
This general thread is Seriously Awesome. :biggrin:

Mercury in Pisces 10.05/8.25/21.8
Moon in Aquarius 10.85/8.73/24.2

640407181_o.jpg

I absolutely love this quote. It synthesises a great deal which is misunderstood about intelligence in general. When I got my results in college, they were mixed; my final written exam performance was average, but my project work was very strong. The system is weighted to give written exam more value and as a result of this I did feel bad. I discussed it with an academic advisor, who kindly highlighted that my project work was far above average - the intelligence was in 'critical thinking' rather than the book-type 'rote learning'. Indeed, a lot like a fish judged on it's tree-climbing ability. :annoyed: One of my language professors who told me that I seemed to learn 'as if by osmosis' said that this type of educational systems fail people like me. This is classic Mercury in Pisces - learns differently, and yet the world's systems are designed to assess the opposite, so we appear to fail in their estimation.

I meant to ask, has anyone with this natal placement had particular problems with their senses? Hearing, sight etc?

byjove

Account Closed
I too have mercury in pisces ninth house!! I was born def in my left ear!!!

Ah ha! I think there could be some research here! My dad and I both have Mercury in Pisces and have had ear troubles (blockages) and no one else in the family has the same issue...just us M in P natives...

Caro, yes, I was thinking of just that animal - DOLPHINS. Dolphins come to mind when I think Mercury in Pisces communication. I note that dolphin and whale communication reaches a far greater distance than anything we humans come up with...:whistling:

Last edited:

Caro

Cosmic Blyss. thanks for your feedback and glad that the messages resonated with you.:whistling:

what is interesting is that these posts were mostly written in 2010 and it is taken until now for them to be read it would seem.

or maybe Ive been on this forum tooooo long now.

JUPITERASC

Cosmic Blyss. thanks for your feedback and glad that the messages resonated with you.:whistling:

what is interesting is that these posts were mostly written in 2010 and it is taken until now for them to be read it would seem.

or maybe Ive been on this forum tooooo long now
Better late than never! :smile:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi Caro, if you mean the posts in this thread, recently I added more detail to my opening post, as I always hoped to, then I posted at the end to warm discussion. I'd say older posts were seen by fresh eyes! From start to finish, the discussion has been great, I'm thrilled.

JUPITERASC

Hi Caro, if you mean the posts in this thread, recently I added more detail to my opening post, as I always hoped to, then I posted at the end to warm discussion. I'd say older posts were seen by fresh eyes! From start to finish, the discussion has been great, I'm thrilled.
Also interestingly appropriate that for a natal Mercury retrograde such as yourself byjove 'rethinking' and 'revisiting' is not unusual and in fact is very useful to do! :smile:

I have Mercury in Pisces in the 12th house. To my knowledge, Mercury only has one major placement in my natal chart (Mercury Square Uranus) but I really don't think I am all that affected by it.

JUPITERASC

Pisces is the natural home aka domicile of Jupiter as well as the Exalted home of Venus - therefore to assess in detail individual placements of Mercury in Pisces, study the natal house and sign locations of both Venus and Jupiter as well as aspects between natal Venus, natal Jupiter and natal Mercury :smile:

Note also

(1) transits from both transiting Venus and transiting Jupiter to
(a) natal Mercury
(b) natal Jupiter
(c) natal Venus

(2) transits from transiting Mercury to:
(a) natal Mercury
(b) natal Jupiter
(c) natal Venus

Caro

and neptune ? :wink: :sideways: house. sign and placement? well what do ya know eh look neptune is transiting in pisces! :love:

I think i may not what the next reply to this post might be! :smile:

pudinnpop

Jovey: I had to have tubes in my ears and every year I gotta get them drained!!!!Cos they will fill up so much to the point i cant hear!!

Also I dont know if this has anything to do with merc in pisces but i also have speech issues!! I cant pronounce SH and CH words good..!! For instance If i say CHERYL...It sounds like Carol!!Church is IMPOSSIBLE for me to say!!!

Last edited: