To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

AquarianRising

There's a lot of generalizing, labeling, and theorizing going on here. Just an observation..

Generalization is used when discussing nebulous subjects with many components. When generalizing in the discussion of a group, the group is identified by the specific characteristics for which the component individuals are grouped. As an example, saying "all humans are mammals" is a generalization. It is also factual, despite being a generalization. Many people resort to complaints of generalization not because the metaphorical shoe doesn't fit, but because they aren't fond of the style of shoe. My only advise then being, "Then don't wear the shoe."

Labels are how humans identify things. Your name is a label. There's nothing wrong with labels, except when they're misleading. And since communication breaks down when individuals resort to improper or misleading representations, I make a point of being as clear and direct as it is possible for a primate's brain to be. Some find it hostile. It's not. It's simply honest and direct, which is only hostile for those with something to hide. Also, those who emphasize their feelings over mutual comprehension tend to struggle to understand that fact.

To be frank, my points become drier and less consoling every time I have to tear down another barrier to comprehension of my points. Not hostile, simply less coddling. From my vantage, it can feel like waiting on the tub to drain right in the middle of a shower before I can continue washing up, which for anyone else with similar levels of gusto would probably cause them to lose their cool. (Which reminds me, I need to buy some Draino.)

Since it's ultimately my social considerations that prompt my efforts to explain these concepts in the first place, and since those same considerations are the basis for my frustrations, it becomes necessary to nullify my considerations or risk setting communications back several hours or days because of some ridiculous errant remark or response to another person's jibe. Point being, I'm an idea machine. My human interfacing functions have limited duration and will shut down to avert total system overload. (Also, I print neat pony stickers from my left ear.) So don't take my roboting personal. It's how I cope with stress and perform under pressure. Revert to facts. It's only a problem for those for whom facts are confusing or inconvenient. (I can tell which it is by context clues and deduction.)

Anyway, it is my observation that you are doing less observing and more squirming around, trying to avoid having to agree with anybody. Take it from experience, kid, you can suppress the truth, but you can't kill it. Own up to what you know is right and stop worrying about the group identities that separate you from "those knuckleheads who think they're so **** smart." I am smart. But more importantly, I don't hide from reality. I own up to my mistakes. That gives me conviction. Conviction you are solely responsible for limiting in yourself.

You need to let down those barriers and let in some light. Set your feelings aside and just think it through. You can see clearly if you want to.

david starling

I do label and theorize Astrologically. I think that's unavoidable. Generalizing in that context is often unreliable, but some generalizations can yield some accurate results. What do you know about my Chart? I haven't posted it, but I have revealed a lot about it. You know nothing about my I.Q. level, because I haven't felt like mentioning it. Since [IMO] attitudes and beliefs are Natal-chart influenced, we're bound to come to different conclusions based on the same facts. I recognized the Fire-Element in your Chart based on Astrological theory and observations. You have Mercury in Leo, I have it in Pisces, Conjunct Mars in Pisces, Sun in late Pisces, closely Trining Jupiter in Scorpio. Moon and Venus Conjunct in Aquarius, Trine :uranus: in Gemini. NN in early Gemini, Ascendant in Pisces, M.C. in Sagittarius. For Cardinal, I have Neptune in Libra. My only Fire placements are Saturn and Pluto in Leo, Inconjunct. Saturn is Unaspected, Pluto is at the base of a tight Neptune-Pluto-Mercury/Mars Yod, with Merc and Mars at the tip.
I'm interested in your philosophical matrix. Have you written anything in a coherent form that I could read?

I do label and theorize Astrologically. I think that's unavoidable. Generalizing in that context is often unreliable, but some generalizations can yield some accurate results. What do you know about my Chart? I haven't posted it, but I have revealed a lot about it. You know nothing about my I.Q. level, because I haven't felt like mentioning it. Since [IMO] attitudes and beliefs are Natal-chart influenced, we're bound to come to different conclusions based on the same facts. I recognized the Fire-Element in your Chart based on Astrological theory and observations. You have Mercury in Leo, I have it in Pisces, Conjunct Mars in Pisces, Sun in late Pisces, closely Trining Jupiter in Scorpio. Moon and Venus Conjunct in Aquarius, Trine :uranus: in Gemini. NN in early Gemini, Ascendant in Pisces, M.C. in Sagittarius. For Cardinal, I have Neptune in Libra. My only Fire placements are Saturn and Pluto in Leo, Inconjunct. Saturn is Unaspected, Pluto is at the base of a tight Neptune-Pluto-Mercury/Mars Yod, with Merc and Mars at the tip.
I'm interested in your philosophical matrix. Have you written anything in a coherent form that I could read?

I may have made some uncomfortable with what i said.

Hear me out, IQ means almost nothing when you have no knowledge behind it, and another thing is that intelligence is incredibly subjective.

My brother is a slow learner and has autism, yet he is amazing at creating things out of glass, he used to do glass blowing at college, he also made me a Tin made out of Puter.

That right there requires a high level of both physical and mental intellect, vision, and ability.

Everyone has their place on Earth whether someone else dislikes it or not, people shape others, some rise, some fall, some stay level the entire time they are here, but it's a flowing thing.

AquarianRising

Hear me out, IQ means almost nothing when you have no knowledge behind it, and another thing is that intelligence is incredibly subjective.

My brother is a slow learner, yet he is amazing at creating things out of glass, he used to do glass blowing at college, he also made me a Tin made out of Puter.

That right there requires a high level of both physical and mental intellect, vision, and ability.

Everyone has their place on Earth whether someone else dislikes it or not, people shape others, some rise, some fall, some stay level the entire time they are here, but it's a flowing thing.

You're doubtless fine; I'm fairly certain he was responding to remarks in my last post, exclusively.

I don’t even know my IQ.

You don't need to, i never needed to i was just subject to a lot of tests which turned out to be false anyway. Stupid doctors and a psychiatrist that listened to the abusive parents and land the blame on the child instead of facing reality.

But for another topic...

david starling

My brother is a slow learner and has autism, yet he is amazing at creating things out of glass, he used to do glass blowing at college, he also made me a Tin made out of Puter.

I totally agree with you. Genius can't be measured by IQ tests because intellectual-verbal is only one type of intelligence. Then, there's EQ (Emotional Quotient), and one with a very high IQ could also have very low EQ. Water-sign placements add value to EQ level.

AquarianRising

Pisces, bound by idealism, tends to cast people as victims, saviors or villains in a sort of grand theatrical play of life. If your Mercury is in Pisces, you should take care to remember not to think of people in those terms. Violence *****, for example, but it is necessary. As are, unfortunately, some forms of control, so long as they aren't used for personal gain or to inflict harm on others. Your earlier remarks regarding men and violence cast men in a negative (and unrealistic) light while glamourizing femininity, which I recall is how much of this debate began.

It's also important not to project intelligence onto any Mercury-sign since Mercury's placement tells us how the mind operates, not how well. I've met people with favorable aspects to a Mercury in Gemini who I would not consider being intelligent by orthodox standards. To clarify, I was not speaking on your intelligence, but rather suggesting that you seem uncomfortable with other peoples' intelligence and have been trying on several occasions to avoid agreeing with ideas that are correct, seemingly because of who is speaking them. Plenty of intelligent people do the same; it's not uncommon. That's why orthodox science still insists astrology is bull.

Anywho, my day is drawing to a close, so listing your aspects in that fashion is making it hard on my mind to parse. I just spent a solid hour earlier today staring at graphs, gave myself a migraine. Someone here requested a match be made for him. Found like three 100%matches, and I'll probably find several more tomorrow when I resume. But I'll look for your chart later, though I can tell you that with patience, insight, and cutting, balanced honesty, it's possible to read much from a person's behavior. When I commit to a perspective, I mean it. The way I express that perspective may be less than accommodating, but it's honest and said with good intent. I try to stay clear of baseless jibes since they contribute nothing to my goals.

As to my philosophy, everything I write is coherent. (When I write it at all.) As I mentioned several posts back, I think, I discovered my work had essentially been duplicated... Like two thousand years ago, but I'm still calling the patent office over this sh!t. Seriously, though, I started out by basically taking the "Seven Virtues" of Catholicism and chucking out all the religious cr@p. My gut instinct told me there was a lot of fluff in it, and over the course of several years and multiple permutations, I came up with the following sequences:

VIRTUES:
Valor, Judgment, Compassion, and Integrity.

VANITIES:
Hubris, Ignorance, Fantasy, and Hedonism.

VICES:
Vengence, Deception, Apathy, and Domination.

As to the rest, you can just read up on Stoicism; that b@st@rd Zeno went and read my future mind. I love him. The philosophy's entire core ideology is right up my ally... Well, except for the permission of suicide if things don't work out the way people expect. That just runs counter to the idea of realism at the heart of Stoicism. People change when they choose to, and circumstances change when we decide to change them, even if neither change is very easy sometimes, so suicide is never an option in my book. But the crazy part is that after spending years refining the terms of my philosophy, I see a video that mentions Stoicism in passing and the key terms that anchor it, and the **** things were practically identical to my own. Talk about a rude (yet welcome) awakening. I love it when I spend years working out a problem, only to find out someone else already came to the same conclusion. It's very vindicating.

AquarianRising

True that. But, it was such a long post I didn't feel like repeating it. Still, I should have addressed it to AquarianRising.

Nah, free-flowing conversations are great places for corrections and re-addressing. If this were a college-level online course, somebody might gripe about having to clarify the intended recipient, but it's not, so you're cool. Trip not.