Favorite genre of music, movies, and books?

What is your favorite genre: romance, comedy, action, horror, etc.? Do you believe this personal preference is in relation to your natal chart? Which aspects?

aniani

I love supernatural, fantasy, mystery movies a lot. Romance movies makes me angry. I love reading, but I can't seem to visualise much when reading so I can't seem to get through fantasy books easy. Oh, Harry Potter is an exception :whistling:

Laineydreamer21

Pisces sun, Gemini moon cap AC..
I would read anything.. Love historic fiction, sci-fi, true stories/biographies history, bit of fantasy, occult mysticism and astrology.. Don't watch much tv but love comedies I can enjoy all types of humour from the most innocent to the darkest! Can't watch any scary movies whatsoever too sensitive. Music - anything except country 😜

Pisces sun, Gemini moon cap AC..
I would read anything.. Love historic fiction, sci-fi, true stories/biographies history, bit of fantasy, occult mysticism and astrology.. Don't watch much tv but love comedies I can enjoy all types of humour from the most innocent to the darkest! Can't watch any scary movies whatsoever too sensitive. Music - anything except country ��

I used to be off on horror films and the like until i hit around 23 years old, odd really, i have to be in the mood for one though. Actually could be linked to my upbringing since i was watching films like CandyMan at the age of 9. Look that up on google... i know it's not your thing, it's actually a good film, but not for a 9 year old :(

Comedy, yeah get on like house on fire for that genre haha.

Laineydreamer21

I used to be off on horror films and the like until i hit around 23 years old, odd really, i have to be in the mood for one though. Actually could be linked to my upbringing since i was watching films like CandyMan at the age of 9. Look that up on google... i know it's not your thing, it's actually a good film, but not for a 9 year old :(

Comedy, yeah get on like house on fire for that genre haha.

Thanks but you're alright, I accidentally flicked onto "the exorcism of Emily rose for about 30 seconds years ago and had nightmares for months 😂 overactive imagination.. Dreams were never fun for me growing up. It's better if I don't give my imagination fuel 😉 can't even handle an episode of walking dead... 🙄

wan

When I read, I go strictly for non-fiction. I absolutely can NOT read fiction for its content. I do read it from time to time though for English-learning and vocabulary-expanding purposes.

Leo Sun, Scorpio Moon, Pisces rising.

conspiracy theorist

My music taste is eclectic, but I tend to care less for vocals and more for instrumentals.

I read mostly things related to the occult, philosophy, politics, psychology, ideology, belief systems yada yada. I notice I'm more interested in darker subjects and material in both fiction and non-fiction.

Sagittarius and Aquarius dominance.

AppLeo

Leo Sun, Cap Rising, Virgo Moon

Music: Pop, Screamo, Punk, Dance/Upbeat/Trance/Dubstep, Alternative, and Classical Music. I absolutely hate rap and country.

Movies: Comedy, Action, Anime, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy. I hate horror, suspense, and romance.

Books: Self-help, astrology/spirituality, and practical non-fiction. Not really a fictional reader unless the fiction is erotic :lol:

Last edited:
Thank you all for sharing. This thread was interesting to read.

Here are my preferences:

Music: some pop, some indie, alternative, rock/heavy rock, rap, hip hop (I dislike country as well!)

Movies: thrillers, sci-fi, horror (I will never watch alone though!), dark psychological thrillers, some comedy and some action

Books: memoirs, dramas, stories with some kind of message, stories that are real and sad and tragic

I'm a Scorpio Rising, Libra Sun, and Sagittarius Moon with a very strong Scorpio influence in my chart.

oscarSegal

Taurus sun, gemini rising, virgo in the 5th

I love mostly rock music and hip hop, some pop music and some country as well. I pay more attention to lyrics than the melody though, which is why I dont really have a favorite genre

Same goes for movies and books. Sometimes i'd love them sometimes I wont. No pattern whatsoever,.

Taurus sun, gemini rising, virgo in the 5th

I love mostly rock music and hip hop, some pop music and some country as well. I pay more attention to lyrics than the melody though, which is why I dont really have a favorite genre

Same goes for movies and books. Sometimes i'd love them sometimes I wont. No pattern whatsoever,.

I also pay more attention to lyrics than melody!

MadArchitect

Music:Rock,Metal,Rap,Pop,Electro,Dance,Dark ambient,Experimental

Movies:Action,Crime,Horror,Mystery,Romantic-Erotic Drama

Sun-Rising :Capricorn
Moon-Pluto-MC: Scorpio
Mercury:Aquarius
Mars:Aries
Venus:Saggitarius
Pluto Dominance

Last edited:
Music:Rock,Metal,Rap,Pop,Electro,Dance,Dark ambient,Experimental

Movies:Action,Crime fiction,Horror,Mystery,Romantic Drama,erotic

What are your main placements?

Lyrics are THE most important thing to me with music, I wonder if there are aspects to denote that preference?! Because we three have quite different elements.

I am interested in this, too. Are you dominated by a particular element or sign in your chart?

I am ruled heavily by Water. There is a strong Scorpio influence in my chart, and I also have a few aspects that suggest I am a writer or could be a writer. This could explain the importance of lyrics for me.