Hi... my name is Temperance

I found this name to fit me perfectly. I have, for as long as I can remember, struggled between my 'disharmonious' Sun in Sag, Moon in Cancer and Ascendant in Pisces. An outspoken fire sign engulfed by emotional water signs. I've always felt like I will probably be doomed every time I shoot for the stars because if I don't get there, I'll feel like @#$% about it and then blame myself for not getting there.

Until one day I came across the fourteenth card in the Tarot, Temperance... And so followed the story of the Fool as he walked up to the Angel by the lake while she mixed fire and water using only two cups. The Fool was mesmerised and didn't understand how such a mixture is possible. The Angel smiled at him and said “Fool, you can mix any two opposites, fire and water, black and white, female and male! All you need is the correct vessel”.

From that point I began to view my philosopher Sag on a voyage over Neptune seas in search of wisdom under a full Cancer moon. Our natal charts are fixed but not how we view them or live by them.

I came across this forum tonight while trying to uncover what lies behind my Venus in Scorpio. Venus in the 8th conjunct Uranus and my North Node in the mix...That's how I got here :)

Last edited:
Hi, Temperance -- I'm sure you know that Temperance is the one Tarot card traditionally linked to Sagittarius. After my book The Quotable Sagittarius gives several dozen Sagittarian celebrity quotes and examples of Sagittarius overindulgence, I conclude that "the Sagittarian's karmic task is the moderation of personal desire, allowing spiritual insight to grow." I'm learning that the long way! Welcome to the forum from a fellow Sagittarian with five water planets including a Scorpio Venus. --Mary Valby

Thanks fo the welcome, it feels great being here. Astrology is dear to my heart and I hope as a race we rekindle our connection to the Universe and the stars. I've never been part of a forum before but I guess now is and always has been the best time for it :)