Saturn in the 4th house synastry

katydid

One has to take into account the sign of the cusp of the 4th, the sign Saturn is in, and the aspects being made to it.

Also, the ruler of that 4th will have an impact.

If Saturn is well aspected and exalted or in mutual reception, then this can be a positive placement in synastry. It can indicate someone who takes emotional commitments seriously and someone who wants to build a solid stable foundation with a partner.

But if there are a lot of rough, challenging aspects it can indicate a rough ride emotionally. It could be that one partner is somewhat blocked emotionally and may have fears and doubts about emotional commitments and see them as limiting and too restrictive.

ChildOfVenus

This is chart I'm the inside.

1z56y6s.png

muchacho

In my experience, what counts in synastry are the personal planets, but usually you can reduce it to just ASC, Moon and Sun. So if you get a clear picture of the relationship based on these three factors already, you usually don't have to worry about any of the other factors. They will be minor influences only and are not going to change anything significant.

katydid

You already have Saturn in your 4th natally. So having a potential partner with their Saturn in your 4th will not feel too debilitating.

They do have that pesky Sun/Saturn opposition in their natal chart though. And it is highlighted with Chiron aligning the Sun.

So they may bring some uncertainties, some doubts, to the relationship?:bandit:

ChildOfVenus

You already have Saturn in your 4th natally. So having a potential partner with their Saturn in your 4th will not feel too debilitating.

They do have that pesky Sun/Saturn opposition in their natal chart though. And it is highlighted with Chiron aligning the Sun.

So they may bring some uncertainties, some doubts, to the relationship?:bandit:

I imagine that Sun opposition Saturn isn't really a good aspect to have? I've read about it but didn't really understand. I know it has a lot to do with the father. And the person having issues with overcoming obstacles. It's just a potential friend nothing romantic but now I understand why I feel so uneasy about this.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

In my experience, what counts in synastry are the personal planets, but usually you can reduce it to just ASC, Moon and Sun. So if you get a clear picture of the relationship based on these three factors already, you usually don't have to worry about any of the other factors. They will be minor influences only and are not going to change anything significant.

Yeah I know but I'm having some difficulties with this person. I want us to have a friendship but it's hard for me I think it's the cancer placements. I don't really do well with men who or Cancers or men with Cancer placements. It could be because my 12th house is in Cancer. I don't like expressing my emotions and I know people with Cancer in their chart tend to be emotional.

muchacho

Yeah I know but I'm having some difficulties with this person. I want us to have a friendship but it's hard for me I think it's the cancer placements. I don't really do well with men who or Cancers or men with Cancer placements. It could be because my 12th house is in Cancer. I don't like expressing my emotions and I know people with Cancer in their chart tend to be emotional.
Right, people that trigger your 12th house make you aware of your own 12th house issues, i.e. issues on a less superficial level (which can be very uncomfortable). That's the flip side of it.

ElenaJ

His sun is opposite your Saturn and Uranus, which is not promising for a long term relationship. It looks like your Venus bouncing off his Uranus and moon is what is attracting you to him, but there are more negative aspects than positive. You already feel this, though, don't you?

ChildOfVenus

His sun is opposite your Saturn and Uranus, which is not promising for a long term relationship. It looks like your Venus bouncing off his Uranus and moon is what is attracting you to him, but there are more negative aspects than positive. You already feel this, though, don't you?

I have Venus square Uranus in my own chart he has Sun opposite Saturn and Sun opposite Uranus in his natal chart. So we are both use to that energy being as though it's in our own natal charts. Venus/Moon aspects are usually good in synastry. It's more to it than just that because some of our planets make aspects by sign. Like his Venus in Gemini and my Mars in Gemini are conjunct by sign.

Last edited: