Sexuality indicators in the chart?

mdinaz

Well this could go on indefinitely. Lets agree to disagree.

Only by debating do we really understand the subject being debated. I really don't think we are that far off from each other - part of it may simply be a different interpretation or understanding of the terms being used.

miquar

Yes that's true. I guess I've run out of enthusiasm for the debate as it isn't something that would affect my use of astrology either way. If someone came to me with an issue around their sexual proclivity, I'd just want to use their chart to explore any conflicts and fears preventing them from being more decisive and expressive.

DeLaSoul

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

You check the Progressions/Transits to natal as well, natal on it's own doesn't exactly show how the native metamorphoses throughout life.

Last edited by a moderator:

greybeard

Nothing comes to pass that is not shown in the radix....that's an old and established axiom.

And "signatures" are, in my experience, useful as "flags", or as substantiating/contributory factors, but to be effective must be found within a matrix (the whole-chart indications) that supports their manifestation. And brutal killers are sometimes shown (by the whole chart) without expected signatures.

Put the chart of a serial killer, a homosexual, a glutton and a recluse in front of 100 people in this forum, and only a handful will see those traits within the personality of the natives of the charts. Whether we can see such things or not depends to a very large extent on experience and perspective.

Sharon Tate's chart provides an example -- from my personal standpoint -- of not seeing what is there. Except for the Sun-Pluto opposition (with Mercury, of course) that involves the First House there is nothing in the chart that, at first glance, seems to indicate her tragic end. There are no typical "signatures" of brutal murder to be seen.

Until you look closer. Still, there are no signatures, configurations or positions that might normally be associated with violence against the person of the native. But, the chart on close examination leaves no doubt. I speak of the radix, without reference to progressions, directions, transits, profections, returns or what have you. That the indicators are there is one thing. That I didn't see them is another. The "signatures" are very much unique to her chart.

Sexuality, whether unexpressed innate tendencies or manifest reality, is shown in every chart. Our sexual expression is always a very powerful force in our lives. It is biological and undeniable. This includes the spinster, the insatiable hedonist, the man whose lusty nature is constrained by his religious beliefs or fear of social ostracism.....all of us. Sexuality is far more a question of psychology than of physical manifestation. And our sexuality, whatever its form may be, is an expression of the whole self...which is why it often is not described by typical "signatures".

And by the way, I did not open this thread on purpose. I posted a reply to a post in another thread and the reply suddenly became a thread on its own without my intention. I have not participated much in the discussion because it is full of opinions and closely-held positions that lead to acrimony.

But I will suggest to those who maintain that sexuality is not shown in every chart that they might reconsider. If the approach to chart reading is fluid enough, open enough, inclusive enough....you will find that our mode of sexual desire and expression is indeed shown in every chart.

greybeard

Re: Irresistible magnetic attraction to women of power

Some people invest, some do not. The personality is the determinant. Some people invest after studying cycles, some invest on a hunch or a tip. Some win, some lose. These things are shown in the birth chart.

Most of us think (without thinking much about it) that other people see the world as we do. But of course this is not the case.

When you say "I don't know it depends on your choice to invest or not, which understanding cycles helps give you a better insight on, not a magical answer to" you are seeing the world from the perspective of someone who studies cycles, and there is an unspoken assumption of "Who wouldn't do that?"

And...If our charts do dictate our choices for us, but we are unaware of this and believe we freely make our own choices, life is still an adventure, because we believe it to be so. Whether we have free will or not is of no consequence, because it appears to us that we do. And isn't it funny that you get married when your chart indicates that you will, you die when your chart says "The trip ends here," and your husband leaves you for another woman just as Uranus comes to the square of your 7th House ruler. Funny how what I choose to do (and what I don't) seem to come along when the chart says it is time. Funny how Sharon Tate was murdered just when all the stars aligned toward that event. Yup, free will...no Fate at all.

Last edited:

miquar

Well I guess we are all caught up in a fantasy of what astrology is and isn't in one way or another. Whatever we believe, we should test it properly to keep this to a minimum.