Changing location for Solar Return

alcyone

Hello!

I have read in many sites and books that if your SR looks unfavorable, a good idea would be to travel on your birthday to a place where the planetary aspects and transits are in a more favorable position during your birth time.

This makes sense but I get a little lost here. Wouldn't this only affect your SR until you traveled back home? Once you returned home, the new alignments would certainly have higher significance over you than they did for one day somewhere else, right?

For instance, if your doing a relocation report (astrocartography?) you need your current physical location because the report can change based on where you are according to the transits/etc that line up. Wouldn't the same rule apply with a SR?

I may just be confused, any insight is appreciated. Thank you all!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Well, in my opinion, this idea is silly. Changing your location like that isn't going to do anything but maybe move significators around, aspects will still be there waiting for you.

But, I'm not sold on the idea of being able to change your location for your solar return. So...*shrug*

FleetingDasein

My understanding is that as soon as you start considering to travel during your birthday and have a special location in mind, the solar return starts to shift to that location. Recolation charts tell you how you are most likely to act in that particular location. Birth Charts and Solar Returns stay with you wherever you go!

Kaiousei is right, you will have to deal with the same aspects.

But when you travel for your birthday you get to pick the areas of your life you want to deal with. Suppose you just started a new job, and there's a stressful aspect involving the 6th/10th house. You really want to keep this job. You travel to a place which will shift this aspect to a different set of houses. You'll most likely have no problems at the work place, and get to keep your job, but another area of your life is gonna be challenged.

I hope this helps.

For example, last year I had to travel to a different city the day of my birthday. I was quite happy with the solar return in my home town but there was nothing I could to do change the fact the I had to travel. I ended up with a really afflicted 4th/6th house, involving mars, uranus and saturn (if I remember correctly, I haven't looked at it in a while now). It was one of the worst years I've had in my life: I had a car accident that sent me to the hospital, few weeks later I got sick and ended up at the hospital, I got kicked out of my house, I was unemployed for 3 months... list goes on!

Last edited:

Charm

You recast your SR from the location that you are at on your birthday. I did it one year and it really worked. 2 years ago I travelled before my birthday and compared both SR's. It moved venus from house 12 to house 1. I ended up losing an additional 40lbs and greatly improving my physical appearance. I have also kept the weight off! Try it and compare both charts,it works.

CHarm