Capricorn Solar Return

Charm

I had a birthday 2 weeks ago an d just graduated naturopathic medical school this past weekend. Wanted to get some insight for the following year. I see a concentration of planets in house 6, including jupiter. I know that jupiter can represented a physician in a chart. It is in the 6th house (service, health). I also see both chiron and mercury there. So I am devoting my mental energies to healing others. I would like to know more about the planets in the 5th house. Is that children? I am focusing on pediatrics ( but I would also like to get married and have more children (venus in house 7, mars sun in house 5. I also see Saturn in house 2. I look at it as restructuring of finances ( I will now be able to work after having been in school for so long. My moon is in house 10. which is focus on craeer. I am also going back to school later this year for an additional year of certification to be able to earn more money and be more viable. Is that the reason for Pars Fortunae in house 9?

I would really appreciate some insight as I am at a new beginning. Last years solar return had a concentration of planets in house 8. I had 3 deaths in my family and spent most of the year trying to get an additional loan for school. It was also the worst year of my life but I grew from the process. Very plutonian.

PLease Help!!

Charm:eek:

Included SR chart. Dob 1/7/77 2:53 am Houston, TX

Attachments

• Solar Return 2 2009.gif
    Solar Return 2 2009.gif
    36 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

starlink

Hello Charm, I finally get to look at this, sorry, my days always turn out differently from what I expect, so the time I thought I had, has evaporated.
Nevertheless I will tell you something.

If you have followed my thread on Solar Returns in the Education Board, you must have read that reading a SR just by itself does not give you a total overview of what is expecting you.
You must always keep the natal chart next to the SR chart and compare.

Have a look in which house your SR Ascendant falls. This is the house which gets much focus over the year.
Then see where the ruler of that Asc. is placed and where it is placed in your natal chart.
Look where your natal Sun and Moon are now placed in the SReturn chart. These are the areas of action for this year.

Will come back a bit later. Maybe you can provide your birthchart?

Cheers, Starlink

Charm

Thanks starlink. I am adding my birthchart. But It is really interesting about looking at the SR alone, because last year I had a wealth of planets in house 8. I had 3 deaths in my family and spent the majority of the year trying to get a loan for school. anyways. Attached is my natal and natal + Solar Return.

Attachments

• My Birthchart.gif
    My Birthchart.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 30
  • SR + Natal.gif
    SR + Natal.gif
    43.6 KB · Views: 31

starlink

Yes, Solar Return does show things as well but it is interesting to see where in a particular year your energies are going to be used. Very interesting about that 8th house of yours, my word! I guess with so many planets in one house, there must just be an accent on that life compartment. Were your Sun or Moon in that house as well?

I will look tomorrow as again it is nearing 11 PM and my eyes are just popping out of my head. I am busy finishing work (I work for my partner at home), accounting, so it was staring at numbers for a couple of hours. Awful!

Will look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Goodnight! Starlink

cassanra

Here goes"
I usually follow a pattern as it can be overwhelming to look at a chart...there are so many things there and you want to organize it in your mind and figure out what is important.
1. Your natal 10th house (almost exact natal MC no less) is rising indicating focus on career and 10th house issues.
2. The sun is the ruler of the house and is the focal point of a solar chart and it is located in the solar fifth.
---your solar 10th and 4th will be focus points as well as your fifth---
3. Solar moon is in your 10th indicating a lot of emotions focused in the 10th. Your natal moon is in the solar 1st indicating your emotions too will be involved in health, ego, and up front personality.
---as the moon is the highest planet in the solar chart it is prominent and will carry even more significance.
4. Natal jupiter is also close to the solar MC providing an outlet for the jupter energy of expansion to take place. This might imply an expansion of partnerships in career.
5. Since the moon is foremost at the top lets look at its connections or aspects. We see that it connects to Saturn in trine to the second indicating use of key words 'moon/career=change, fluctuation + harmonious =Saturn/personal worth=consolidation, stabilization, restriction, responsibility. this will be an important energy for you as it echos a relationship of saturn and moon in natal..Since natal is conjunction the solar trine can not cancel out completely the natal energy but may allow you to work through that energy. The moons in the 10th but rules the 12th. The 10th implies public while 12th indicates things that are behind the scenes...so something that is hidden or secret or confined ...some emotional issue will be public. I see only one negative aspect to neptune on the cusp of the 7th...dissillusionment? but again though there is a square here the natal is a trine so it can not be all bad and the energy will resolve positively for you.
6. since we focus on the 10th we want to look to see where its ruler is and we find venus in the 7th in sextile to mars and a good indicator of positive partnerships and maybe some relationships brewing.
7. The 4th house ruler is in the 5th, Pluto indicating a tranformation...maybe of the home or family...more creativity, pleaure. Its connection to saturn by square is significant as it corresponds to natal energy of the sextile of saturn and pluto thus though this energy indicates frustration of income and pleasure it will ultimately ease up.
Clearly this is a year of emotional change connection to your career and your ego will be focused on pleasure, romance, children. It appears to be a fairly harmonious year with fixed signs on all the angles indicating that once the year starts you will hold a steady course.
An earth grande trine indicates stability and pratical matters ....
---I always look for Uranus and we see it in the 8th house indicating unexpected and disruptions related to other peoples resources...as it rules the 7th maybe open enemies or partnerships. And it impacts saturn in your 2nd. This opposition mirrors the square in your natal thus it will prove to be the greater struggle from your natal possibility.

Check your progressions to see if 10th/4th or 5th are hightlighted and look at your solar arc to see if anything is hitting an angle.

Last edited:

Charm

Yes, the sun and moon were both there. I have attached it (last year's) just for fun. But it was highly accurate. I had 3 deaths (8th house) and lost my residence (saturn in 4th) But then I ended up in a better place. The rising planet (gemini) is also my natal 8th house cusp planet. It was an 8th house year!!! Anyways found it to be accurate. I am really glad that this year will be better

Attachments

• Charms Solar Return.gif
    Charms Solar Return.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 31

Charm

Yes Cassandra, there is a 4th 10th house emphasis. Venus is in house 4 and moon in house 10 on the progression also. I have attached it. I dont know what the solar arc is. Thanks for the interpretation of the SR.

Charm

Attachments

• 2009 Progressed Chart.gif
    2009 Progressed Chart.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 34

starlink

1. Your natal 10th house (almost exact natal MC no less) is rising indicating focus on career and 10th house issues.
2. The sun is the ruler of the house and is the focal point of a solar chart and it is located in the solar fifth.
---your solar 10th and 4th will be focus points as well as your fifth---
3. Solar moon is in your 10th indicating a lot of emotions focused in the 10th. Your natal moon is in the solar 1st indicating your emotions too will be involved in health, ego, and up front personality.
---as the moon is the highest planet in the solar chart it is prominent and will carry even more significance.
4. Natal jupiter is also close to the solar MC providing an outlet for the jupter energy of expansion to take place. This might imply an expansion of partnerships in career.

Cass, bless you for jumping in here and getting it all right. I cannot add more to what you have seen here and it is the right way to step for step go about a Solar Return chart.

So Charm, as you see, it is the MC/IC axis getting the focus. Now the 10th does not always show career, but also social status or social surrounding.
As the Sun is situated in the 5th house of the SR chart, but natally in your 3rd (technically) this could maybe bring more social contact, or with the public. Venus, natally ruling your 7th house is also now in the SR 7th and SR Moon is placed in your natal 7th. Maybe a foreigner could cross your path:) as Moon, natally, rules your 9th.

your ego will be focused on pleasure, romance, children. It appears to be a fairly harmonious year with fixed signs on all the angles indicating that once the year starts you will hold a steady course.
as Cass said. I could not agree more.

I underlined romance here. I think it could play a role this year, also because the natal ruler of your Asc., Mars, is also placed in the SR 5th house.

But the 7th is also "the public" and maybe, in your career (if you have one) you will get more in contact through your work, with the public. (sales is one of those areas). The natal 3rd house also deals with sales and promotions.

Combining both, you could speculate meeting someone through your work and it has a secretive quality, because the ruler of the 12th of the SR is placed in the 10th of SR. It can also show that hospitals or more spiritual issues could start playing a role in your chosen profession.

Charm

Thank you. Actually I have been close friends with a foreigner who has a child and I have a child. I had been hoping that this can turn more into a relationship. So this makes sense. As far as public sector and house 12, I am going to start an additional training program that would have me working in a hospital. So this is in accordance with what I have been working on. It is also nice to see an improvement in income (I think cassandra said due to the saturn moon trine and grand trine in earth signs Whew!!! I needed it) And as far as career. I have already had one, I am now going to be paid for my expertise as a doctor! Whoo Hoo!

Charm

cassanra

Solar arcs are great and easy...just move all the planets forward for each year fro m your birth so if you are 32 then move everything 32 degrees forward. If that is correct then it looks like Solar arc Pluto is going to affect your AC indicating transformation of your AC/DC angle personal transformations. The year my solar arc pluto conjoined my DC I married, had my first child, moved and changed jobs. Pluto on the AC is indicative of big changes in how you approach life. Check out the thread here. so this is going to be a significant year for you if my calculations are correct.

starlink

Solar arcs are great and easy...just move all the planets forward for each year from your birth so if you are 32 then move everything 32 degrees forward.

Yes, true and because you were born in January you dont have to take the discrepancy of 3' from 1° daily=yearly into account either.(with a slow moving Sun ). People born between April and early September do have to add about 1.5° or 1.5 years. So instead of 32, it would have been 33.5 for them, when the Arc is exact or shows results.

But Solar Arcs is another predicting tool than Solar Returns, dont confuse the two!