How does your Sun feel?

obsidianmineral

There really is not much I can add to the question. How do you think your Sun is felt? I believe that every planet can be felt in your life besides being observable through events and facts in your life. Would you guys also mind giving your Sun aspects and sign placement to add more to each of your experiences? Personally, my Sun feels like the need to do the right thing, to live and to be larger than life, it feels pretty optimistic, it also makes me feel like I just need to become who I wanna be in order to achieve what I want. It also makes me think a lot about life and about what knowledge is worth having. My Sun is in Aries in the 9th house of learning :)

Last edited:

wan

My Sun is in Leo in the 6th house. I'd say I am a friendly, jovial person (although people who have interacted with me in real life might disagree). I have absolutely no desire to lord it over anybody, and I can be quite timid at first. When it comes to work, I do not like to be in charge. I work the best when I am under someone's supervision. I like it when other people tell me what to do.

Very true to the essence of the 6th house, I think.

petosiris

Banned
There really is not much I can add to the question. How do you think your Sun is felt? I believe that every planet can be felt in your life besides being observable through events and facts in your life. Would you guys also mind giving your Sun aspects and sign placement to add more to each of your experiences? Personally, my Sun feels like the need to do the right thing, to live and to be larger than life, it feels pretty optimistic, it also makes me feel like I just need to become who I wanna be in order to achieve what I want. It also makes me think a lot about life and about what knowledge is worth having. My Sun is in Aries in the 9th house of learning :)

Personally, I do not think there is such thing as my Sun or your Sun, nor any feelings related to such. There is One Sun for all that gives different signs that people interpret differently. Some use it for the father, others for distinction and gods, others for sun sign columns.

The Sun in my chart is in the 4th at the quadrant IC degree.

obsidianmineral

My Sun is in Leo in the 6th house. I'd say I am a friendly, jovial person (although people who have interacted with me in real life might disagree). I have absolutely no desire to lord it over anybody, and I can be quite timid at first. When it comes to work, I do not like to be in charge. I work the best when I am under someone's supervision. I like it when other people tell me what to do.

Very true to the essence of the 6th house, I think.

So would it be a correct assessment to think that Suns are changed more by their house positions rather than by their signs? Signs would only give a general temperament and mood to the energy, seeing what you're saying. Does your Sun have aspects? You do seem like a friendly and jovial person, so I'm thinking that's coming from the sign!

obsidianmineral

Personally, I do not think there is such thing as my Sun or your Sun, nor any feelings related to such. There is One Sun for all that gives different signs that people interpret differently. Some use it for the father, others for distinction and gods, others for sun sign columns.

The Sun in my chart is in the 4th at the quadrant IC degree.

I think Sun in the 4th house makes your innermost identity be related to the energy of the Sun.

wan

So would it be a correct assessment to think that Suns are changed more by their house positions rather than by their signs? Signs would only give a general temperament and mood to the energy, seeing what you're saying. Does your Sun have aspects? You do seem like a friendly and jovial person, so I'm thinking that's coming from the sign!

Thanks for your praise, Obs. Although I do not really have an answer to your question. I think that both the house and sign matter, but if your Sun (or any planet for that matter) falls on or near an angle, then it becomes more powerful. In this case, the house placement will be more noticeable than the sign placement. If the Sun is in any old house (other than the angular ones), then the sign becomes more noticeable.

Of course, I do not know too much so maybe I am not entirely correct. Let us wait to hear from more people.

Whoam1

My sun is angular in the first house (who cares houses might not even be real) in Sagittarius. It feels eh, it's there, but I don't relate to the justice and law and elitism that it's associated with. I wouldn't say (despite its angularity, and shared element, and my moon being in Leo) that it rules me or my chart, it was below the horizon at my birth, I felt Mercury first (slightly above the horizon). I relate to my Mercury sign more (it's the soul planet, critical in degree, in a sign with a CoE {concentration of energy}, and forms the closest aspect in my chart ,with the planet that rules its sign).

conspiracy theorist

Keeping it simple. In tropical placidus it's located in the 12th. Events and "feelings" will be mixed in.

Voluntary isolation. A desire for direct experience of the divine (gnosis, samadhi). A call to the magnum opus. Occultism. Magical practices. Absent father. Vivid dreams. Being "turned off" most of the time. Silence. Ultimately not driven by worldly dominion. Most persons who I tend to listen to (I mean seriously listen to) are ancient, dead, occultists or somehow "sage-like". Cognizance of my inner demons from a very early age. Wrestling with the "inner man" from very young.

It's conjunct Pluto, Mercury and in a wide square with the Moon.

Abby83

My sun is gentle and creative. It needs love and nurturing. It wants to keep the kids to myself (sextile 5th ruler). My hobbies allow for freedom of expression. Nature does this too. My sun is in 12th house in fall in Libra. I see this as a low ego and very shy and sensitive. Recently, Uranus opposed my sun and Pluto squared it. This led me to experience heart pain of the emotional kind due to being suffocated and restricted with no room for the heart to use it's natural gifts. It trines NN in 7th and sextiles Eros in 10th in Leo. This aspect is fantastic for the erotic industry with men and I experience a lot of healing doing so.

magnolia8

I'm replying mostly as an "exercise" to figure out my Sun.

My Sun likes the idea of being admired AND seeks isolation any chance it gets, for good or bad. There is a small part of me that feels I should be helping disadvantaged women or children, or the mentally ill. There's a relentless need to destroy and/or transform the self and this energy I've never learned to harness constructively. It's too wild/primitive/instinctual. Like conspiracy theorist, I've always been aware of inner demons. In all, I feel as if my Sun is severely compromised.

You'd think with the things I wrote I'd have a 12th-house Sun, but it's in the 11th. It just rules the 12th. I'm a Leo.

ETA: Reading other replies made me want to write more, but I'll refrain. Some solar aspects include conjunctions with Mars and Venus and a trine from Saturn.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Sun in Cancer 11th house, opposite Uranus, trine Pluto
I'm very emotional and sensitive, sensual, nurturing, I feel deeply and can be very empathic and intuitive. I have an extremely rebellious side too thanks to that Uranus opposition. Yet a part of me wants to fit in somehow and it produces a lot of pain since I'm unable to fit in or be like others. I feel like some kinda alien or scarred right at the core in a way that makes me subhuman. Although as i've gotten older, I don't feel subhuman, just inhuman. More importantly, I want to have a huge impact on society, shake people up so they see, change something positively for the collective consciousness, it relates a lot to emotion. It relates a lot to darkness and death as I'm very in tune with dichotomies and opposing forces and realize darkness and light, and death and life are closely connected. It realates a lot to spirituality. I'm very strong, passionate, and driven despite being emotional and sensitive thanks to the Cardinal energy and to the Pluto regenerative, transformative power. I constantly try to learn from every little thing and find meaning in everything. I don't do anything the way anyone else does and I'm very skilled at finding novel ways of doing things or finding creative solutions. I'm good also at tuning into people, digging deep and understanding them so I can find ways to help them the way they need to be helped. Very drawn to darkness and mystery, always in either the future or in the past or both simultaneously. I love exploring. I'm a nomad, I have no home

obsidianmineral

Sun in Cancer 11th house, opposite Uranus, trine Pluto
I'm very emotional and sensitive, sensual, nurturing, I feel deeply and can be very empathic and intuitive. I have an extremely rebellious side too thanks to that Uranus opposition. Yet a part of me wants to fit in somehow and it produces a lot of pain since I'm unable to fit in or be like others. I feel like some kinda alien or scarred right at the core in a way that makes me subhuman. Although as i've gotten older, I don't feel subhuman, just inhuman. More importantly, I want to have a huge impact on society, shake people up so they see, change something positively for the collective consciousness, it relates a lot to emotion. It relates a lot to darkness and death as I'm very in tune with dichotomies and opposing forces and realize darkness and light, and death and life are closely connected. It realates a lot to spirituality. I'm very strong, passionate, and driven despite being emotional and sensitive thanks to the Cardinal energy and to the Pluto regenerative, transformative power. I constantly try to learn from every little thing and find meaning in everything. I don't do anything the way anyone else does and I'm very skilled at finding novel ways of doing things or finding creative solutions. I'm good also at tuning into people, digging deep and understanding them so I can find ways to help them the way they need to be helped. Very drawn to darkness and mystery, always in either the future or in the past or both simultaneously. I love exploring. I'm a nomad, I have no home

I do relate with some of the things you said. My Sun is also aspecting Pluto, and I've always wanted to make my self-identity transcendental and important. Do you relate all the things you said with your identity and your self-constructed purpose on earth? Because the Sun is all about true individuality, honesty, uprightness.

obsidianmineral

I'm replying mostly as an "exercise" to figure out my Sun.

My Sun likes the idea of being admired AND seeks isolation any chance it gets, for good or bad. There is a small part of me that feels I should be helping disadvantaged women or children, or the mentally ill. There's a relentless need to destroy and/or transform the self and this energy I've never learned to harness constructively. It's too wild/primitive/instinctual. Like conspiracy theorist, I've always been aware of inner demons. In all, I feel as if my Sun is severely compromised.

You'd think with the things I wrote I'd have a 12th-house Sun, but it's in the 11th. It just rules the 12th. I'm a Leo.

ETA: Reading other replies made me want to write more, but I'll refrain. Some solar aspects include conjunctions with Mars and Venus and a trine from Saturn.

I know some people with Sun conjunct Mars and Venus, and these individuals usually are compulsive, emotional, loving of everything that is pleasing, loving money and resources. It caught my attention your need to relentlessly transform yourself, as I do not think it is a common trait. It's interesting.

obsidianmineral

My sun is gentle and creative. It needs love and nurturing. It wants to keep the kids to myself (sextile 5th ruler). My hobbies allow for freedom of expression. Nature does this too. My sun is in 12th house in fall in Libra. I see this as a low ego and very shy and sensitive. Recently, Uranus opposed my sun and Pluto squared it. This led me to experience heart pain of the emotional kind due to being suffocated and restricted with no room for the heart to use it's natural gifts. It trines NN in 7th and sextiles Eros in 10th in Leo. This aspect is fantastic for the erotic industry with men and I experience a lot of healing doing so.

Your Sun is very much centered around transcending and serving a larger purpose through relations with others. The Sun is related to life's calling and realization of the individual purpose. I see your 5th ruler sextiling your Sun also as an indicator of the way your identity was forged, it was probably helped by creativity and everything 5th house.

obsidianmineral

Keeping it simple. In tropical placidus it's located in the 12th. Events and "feelings" will be mixed in.

Voluntary isolation. A desire for direct experience of the divine (gnosis, samadhi). A call to the magnum opus. Occultism. Magical practices. Absent father. Vivid dreams. Being "turned off" most of the time. Silence. Ultimately not driven by worldly dominion. Most persons who I tend to listen to (I mean seriously listen to) are ancient, dead, occultists or somehow "sage-like". Cognizance of my inner demons from a very early age. Wrestling with the "inner man" from very young.

It's conjunct Pluto, Mercury and in a wide square with the Moon.

I tend to see that placements influenced strongly by Pluto usually make people accept what they are and are not ashamed of it, and end up digging deeper into their most so-called "weirder" traits. What do you mean by wrestling with the inner-man, conspiracytheorist?

Also, speaking about inner demons; I think that everyone has inner demons, but it is just as true that everyone has the capacity to deal with them, and everyone can become someone admirable.

obsidianmineral

My sun is angular in the first house (who cares houses might not even be real) in Sagittarius. It feels eh, it's there, but I don't relate to the justice and law and elitism that it's associated with. I wouldn't say (despite its angularity, and shared element, and my moon being in Leo) that it rules me or my chart, it was below the horizon at my birth, I felt Mercury first (slightly above the horizon). I relate to my Mercury sign more (it's the soul planet, critical in degree, in a sign with a CoE {concentration of energy}, and forms the closest aspect in my chart ,with the planet that rules its sign).

Have you ever felt a calling in life having to do with your identity? Do you feel like there's someone you need to become? That's the way the Sun manifests, so would you mind telling us how you have felt about these matters throughout your life?

Whoam1

Have you ever felt a calling in life having to do with your identity? Do you feel like there's someone you need to become? That's the way the Sun manifests, so would you mind telling us how you have felt about these matters throughout your life?

Well.. Never had a dream job as a kid, ever. I kind just picked something because why not. My sun points at law and justice and social ladder. I have a some desire to not become that socially correct person I don't care much for law in fact it bores me. I have had inclination toward being a free spirit so that's why I just kinda picked something. I think I'm fine where I'm at, if I wasn't I would be doing something about it. I've been trying to keep passion and rebellion and change in my life I hate the 9-5 grind.

Abby83

Well.. Never had a dream job as a kid, ever. I kind just picked something because why not. My sun points at law and justice and social ladder. I have a some desire to not become that socially correct person I don't care much for law in fact it bores me. I have had inclination toward being a free spirit so that's why I just kinda picked something. I think I'm fine where I'm at, if I wasn't I would be doing something about it. I've been trying to keep passion and rebellion and change in my life I hate the 9-5 grind.
I think every job should be out of the norm and fun :).

obsidianmineral

Well, right from the start the mutable quality from the Sun in your case does point towards adaptability. Sagittarius does not necessarily point to law and the social ladder. That depends on the ruler of the 10th and other aspects. Does your Sun have aspects? In what terms is it in? Does it aspect Uranus by any chance? Where are Mars and Saturn in your chart? Are they in a sign that the Sun does not see (quincunx or semisextile), or in the case of Saturn, in a square with the Sun with Mars in a poor condition? See, if the dignity of the Sun is about its triplicity, then it's important to see the condition of the holders of said dignity, which are the Sun itself, followed by Jupiter and then by Saturn. What house does the Sun rule? is it the 9th?

Last edited: