Venus opposition moon.

Chrysalis

Im just trying to work through someones chart, but im confused with this aspect.

This person is very very close to her mum, was an only child, didn't have her dad around, her mum and her have a very close bond and are also like close friends.

So going on this, im unsure of this opposition.

The only thing that it could be, is that when she was 17 years old her mum left her for 4 years to go to live in vegas and marry a guy she'd met online. During this time this girl was very very depressed and went off the rails due to this...it was this departure that caused all her drinking/partying etc.

Could this venus opposition moon be due to her mum leaving her for the 4 years she did ?

Im refering to this chart ...https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113740

Last edited:

AppLeo

That makes a lot of sense, Chrysalis.

The opposition may also indicate that she can’t handle abandonment or people leaving her for long periods of time and that’s why she reacted so negatively when her mom left.

Chrysalis

That makes a lot of sense, Chrysalis.

The opposition may also indicate that she can’t handle abandonment or people leaving her for long periods of time and that’s why she reacted so negatively when her mom left.

Ahh thanks Apps, yes it totally makes sense doesn't it.

She's very much a partying girl if you noticed this in her chart....and the stem of it was from her mum leaving her for them 4 years...bearing in mind she is an only child, and her mum has brought her up solely.

So now she jumps from guy to guy and parties hard, for fear of abandonment issues...her mum didn't just up and leave btw, but this had more of an impact on her daughter than she knew about :sad:

AppLeo

Harsh venus-Moon aspects can also mean that someone can’t find love or constantly have trouble in their relationships.

No wonder she’s a party girl. I feel bad for her. I have Venus sextile Saturn, so I don’t even understand her.

Chrysalis

Harsh venus-Moon aspects can also mean that someone can’t find love or constantly have trouble in their relationships.

No wonder she’s a party girl. I feel bad for her. I have Venus sextile Saturn, so I don’t even understand her.

Yes to her venus that's what she lacks the saturn aspect, her saturn's unaspected...i was viewing saturn as her dad, as he left her mum when she was very young (1-2) she only has little memory of him and it hurts her.

!4C

It's a 2-way street. Social situations can cause emotional stress, but mood swings can also upset social behavior.

waybread

May we see the entire chart, please? And then let us know if it's an accurate birth time. If you don't have a birth time, please input it as "unknown" rather than guessing.

I have Venus (conjunct Mercury) opposite Moon. I was not close to my mother. As an adult and in hindsight, I think she was a troubled individual. Recently my sister said she thought our (late) mother was mentally ill. Possibly the opposition had something to do with my lack of emotional closeness to my mother, but our alienation was probably more like my moon being widely conjunct (and closely parallel to) Pluto, a so-called "Hades moon."

I was nothing like the hard-drinking party girl you describe. That's probably something else in your friend's chart.

So your friend may have other chart factors that help to tell the story.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

May we see the entire chart, please? And then let us know if it's an accurate birth time. If you don't have a birth time, please input it as "unknown" rather than guessing.
Ive left the link in the opening post to the thread im on about, the thread includes the chart. No there's no birth time ive left it as unknown.
I have Venus (conjunct Mercury) opposite Moon. I was not close to my mother. As an adult and in hindsight, I think she was a troubled individual. Recently my sister said she thought our (late) mother was mentally ill. Possibly the opposition had something to do with my lack of emotional closeness to my mother, but our alienation was probably more like my moon being widely conjunct (and closely parallel to) Pluto, a so-called "Hades moon."
Your experience with this aspect is the exact reason why i started this thread, as the girl and her mother are very very close (ive explained everything in the thread) so i was confused then of why the opposition
I was nothing like the hard-drinking party girl you describe. That's probably something else in your friend's chart.
[/quote]If you go to the thread ive linked you'll see why ive mentioned party girl, its been triggered by the moon/venus opposition i think.
Its her venus/jupiter square that's caused her to be like she is with drinking,partying etc.
So your friend may have other chart factors that help to tell the story.

Ukpoohbear

Sorry that I missed the link!

Quickly: has your friend given you permission to post her real name and photo?

The person is a UK reality star called Marnie Simpson.

Following because I really like her. She's very genuine and innocent even if she admits to being manipulative, but its still only to get what she wants. Its very child like. I wonder if it is the venus moon or unaspected Saturn causing this. I expected her to be Aries rather than Taurus but she does have a Taurus classic beauty about her.

waybread

Thanks, UKPB-- I live a pretty isolated life!

But Marnie has a stellium in Capricorn, right? Or am I missing something about that? We have no rising sign in this chart, given the lack of a birth time.

Chrysalis, the one thing I note about the moon is its isolation from this gi-mongous stellium in Capricorn. The moon symbolizes both one's mother, but also one's emotional nature, and hence our security needs.

The only major aspects that the moon makes are to Venus and Jupiter, in a T-square. Venus aspects only the moon and Jupiter in the T square. Venus-moon holds even allowing for the default noon birth time. Jupiter might be out-of-orb with a p.m. birth time. (The actual moon location could move 6 degrees either way, but the Venus opposition would still be in-orb.)

What this says to me is that Marnie's love and affection (Venus) had no other serious outlet besides the moon (Mom) and possibly Jupiter.

When a planet is only lightly aspected like this, it works kind of like a person who has only one or two friends. If one becomes unavailable, there aren't other friends in her life to fill the void. So yes, I can see why someone's mother leaving her at age 17 would be traumatic for anyone with a good relationship with Mom, but even more so in this case.

There are some minor aspects to the moon, but they're not in the happy pile, either: a sesqui-square with Saturn, and a quincunx with Pluto.

So looking at Jupiter, it makes a wide square to Venus, but the square to the Venus-Mars midpoint is of interest because when these 3 planets engage one another, you can find someone who "sleeps around." Venus and Mars are the sexy planets, and Jupiter says, "If a little is good, a lot is better."

Then she's got this sun conjunct Neptune and Uranus. The one is associated with alcohol and drugs; the other, with the need to act out.

If Marnie has put her life together at this point, I congratulate her. This isn't an easy chart.

Ukpoohbear

Oh when I mentioned she had a classic beauty I associate with Taurus I was referring to her Sun sign in Taurus.

She had an interview with a psychologist as part of a tv show that was on the other night. I didn't realize she had so many insecurities and can barely read because she appears confident and popular. Goes to show the power of a venus Jupiter aspect even if it is a negative one.

As you know her Dad was absent and her Mum moved to Vegas when she was 17 for 4 years. They were also both big drinkers and unfortunately she has made a career out of drinking so she is an alcoholic.

She already has chronic kidney problems.

Her naivety shows in her choice of men because it doesn't take much to make her think the guy is wonderful because she doesn't know any better.

It's quite sad. If she stops drinking her career is over and the money, lifestyle etc but it is killing her.

She is doing well besides that. She is cheerful and does not regret her choices. A true unaspected Saturn I guess, a wild flower.

Chrysalis

Oh when I mentioned she had a classic beauty I associate with Taurus I was referring to her Sun sign in Taurus.

She had an interview with a psychologist as part of a tv show that was on the other night. I didn't realize she had so many insecurities and can barely read because she appears confident and popular. Goes to show the power of a venus Jupiter aspect even if it is a negative one.
Yes I watched this, this is where i got the inspiration from to do her chart.
Ive done her chart in the celebrity section....well some of it, i need to finish it off.
As you know her Dad was absent and her Mum moved to Vegas when she was 17 for 4 years. They were also both big drinkers and unfortunately she has made a career out of drinking so she is an alcoholic.

She already has chronic kidney problems.

Her naivety shows in her choice of men because it doesn't take much to make her think the guy is wonderful because she doesn't know any better.

It's quite sad. If she stops drinking her career is over and the money, lifestyle etc but it is killing her.

She is doing well besides that. She is cheerful and does not regret her choices. A true unaspected Saturn I guess, a wild flower.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Thanks, UKPB-- I live a pretty isolated life!

But Marnie has a stellium in Capricorn, right? Or am I missing something about that? We have no rising sign in this chart, given the lack of a birth time.
Yes she has a stellium in Capricorn.
Chrysalis, the one thing I note about the moon is its isolation from this gi-mongous stellium in Capricorn. The moon symbolizes both one's mother, but also one's emotional nature, and hence our security needs.
Yes i too did think that this moon looked alone, but shes so very close to her mum and her grandparents so i dont know why
The only major aspects that the moon makes are to Venus and Jupiter, in a T-square. Venus aspects only the moon and Jupiter in the T square. Venus-moon holds even allowing for the default noon birth time. Jupiter might be out-of-orb with a p.m. birth time. (The actual moon location could move 6 degrees either way, but the Venus opposition would still be in-orb.)

What this says to me is that Marnie's love and affection (Venus) had no other serious outlet besides the moon (Mom) and possibly Jupiter.

When a planet is only lightly aspected like this, it works kind of like a person who has only one or two friends. If one becomes unavailable, there aren't other friends in her life to fill the void. So yes, I can see why someone's mother leaving her at age 17 would be traumatic for anyone with a good relationship with Mom, but even more so in this case.
Yes her mum brought her up solely and she was an only child too, her father left when she was 1-2, so she had her mum and nan and grandad and that's it, but with her mum and her being so very close it this departure caused her to go completely off the rails.
There are some minor aspects to the moon, but they're not in the happy pile, either: a sesqui-square with Saturn, and a quincunx with Pluto.

So looking at Jupiter, it makes a wide square to Venus, but the square to the Venus-Mars midpoint is of interest because when these 3 planets engage one another, you can find someone who "sleeps around." Venus and Mars are the sexy planets, and Jupiter says, "If a little is good, a lot is better."

Then she's got this sun conjunct Neptune and Uranus. The one is associated with alcohol and drugs; the other, with the need to act out.

If Marnie has put her life together at this point, I congratulate her. This isn't an easy chart.

Not yet she hasn't shes trapped.