Eclipse and Harvey

AlexZim

Using the posted Houston natal chart, and Carter's method of simple symbolic progression (1 degree progression per year), the progression of the natal places is 181 degrees as of 2017:

-the natal Sun (1 Virgo) progressions to 2 Pisces; natal Uranus (hurricanes; R.Bills) is @ 2 Pisces: so the Sun (life of the city) progresses to exact conjunction with natal Uranus (posited in wet Pisces), a very significant progression!

-natal Neptune is @ 3 Aquarius; it progresses to 4 Leo, within 1 degree of conjunction with natal Jupiter (@ 5 Leo); Jupiter disposits the ascending sign of the Houston natal map (natal ascendant 2 Sagittarius); as of 2017 progressed Neptune nearly conjuncts natal Jupiter: Neptune = inundations, floods (R.Bills); also note that Houston's natal Jupiter (the dispositor of the city's ascending sign) is in Leo (5 Leo), the same sign as the August 21st total solar eclipse

-natal bad luck indicator SN, @ natal 13 Scorpio, progresses by 2017 to 14 Taurus; natal good luck indicator NN is @ natal 13 Taurus; so SN progresses to with 1 degree conjunction with the natal NN, thus temporarily cancelling out the good luck NN for Houston; also note that in the August 21, 2017 eclipse, Taurus is in platik square to the eclipse in Leo

-natal Sun (1 Virgo) progresses to 2 Pisces; as of 2017, the star Sadalmelik is at 3 Pisces; so progressed Sun is within somewhat over 1 degree of exact conjunction with this star: among the indications (Robson) for Sadalmelik is "...extreme and sudden destruction..."

The progressed indications for Houston in 2017 clearly point to the current events (hurricane, floods) affecting this city.

Houston's natal map indicates to a susceptibility of the city to such events: in the natal, the Sun is in opposition to Uranus (strong winds, hurricanes); Jupiter is in opposition to the natal Moon (@ 7 Aquarius), the Moon being an indicator of moisture, rain, etc; Jupiter is also in opposition to the natal Neptune (inundations, floods), and the Moon is in conjunction with Neptune.

Hi Dr. Farr :) Thanks for that fabulous breakdown! Could you please explain "platik" to me, or swing me a link for its discussion?

dr. farr

Hi Dr. Farr :) Could you please explain "platik" to me

"Platik" (also "platick") is an older term meaning an aspect by sign rather than by degrees of bodies. For example, if Mars is within say 5 degrees of Venus in, say, Aries, then we have a "regular" conjunction, of bodies within a precise number of degrees; in platik, say Mars is at the beginning of Aries and Venus is at the end of Aries-they are then in PLATIK conjunction, because-although they are many degrees apart they are STILL, nonetheless, in the same sign. Again, when looking at the aspecual relationship between 2 sign, say Leo and Taurus, we say they are in PLATIK square, because they are 3 sign apart.

In Greco-Roman astrology, this is how conjunctions and aspects were almost always calculated-that is, by sign rather than by degrees between bodies (bodies = celestial objects, planets, etc) In Vedic astrology to this day, this is also the way planetary relationships are mostly determined.

For me, platik conjunctions and aspects have value in showing general relationships; however, I mostly use conjunctions and aspects determined as degrees between bodies, like everyone else:biggrin:!

AlexZim

"Platik" (also "platick") is an older term meaning an aspect by sign rather than by degrees of bodies. For example, if Mars is within say 5 degrees of Venus in, say, Aries, then we have a "regular" conjunction, of bodies within a precise number of degrees; in platik, say Mars is at the beginning of Aries and Venus is at the end of Aries-they are then in PLATIK conjunction, because-although they are many degrees apart they are STILL, nonetheless, in the same sign. Again, when looking at the aspecual relationship between 2 sign, say Leo and Taurus, we say they are in PLATIK square, because they are 3 sign apart.

In Greco-Roman astrology, this is how conjunctions and aspects were almost always calculated-that is, by sign rather than by degrees between bodies (bodies = celestial objects, planets, etc) In Vedic astrology to this day, this is also the way planetary relationships are mostly determined.

For me, platik conjunctions and aspects have value in showing general relationships; however, I mostly use conjunctions and aspects determined as degrees between bodies, like everyone else:biggrin:!

Ah, got it, perfect, thank you!

JUPITERASC

by the way
HELLENISTIC astrologers utilised two forms of aspects
i.e.
aspects by SIGN
AS WELL AS
aspects within a three degree orb :smile:

aspects by SIGN are aka PLATIK - as you have now clarified, thank you dr. farr

Kuntuzangmo

Thanks everyone for diving into this and providing much compelling info.
So my next question is this:

We know another huge storm is brewing in the Atlantic making it's way toward land, either in the Caribbean or USA, most likely.

Given what we now know about the aspects between the eclipse and Harvey, I wonder if anyone has written a program that would allow you, for instance, to input for hard aspects (maybe including Uranus, Jupiter, Moon etc..) along those coastal regions? If there were strong hits (like those tight conjunctions) it might be a way to predict possible landfall and thereby forewarn?

CapAquaPis

Total solar eclipses were harbingers of doom throughout history, but what about wherever the Aug 21st path of totality crossed: Seismically active and volcanic areas of Oregon and Wyoming...and the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri, the tornado alleys of the Central Plains and Southeast, and hurricane-prone coast of South Carolina. If anything occurred, we would rule out the natural disaster common to the area or expected to happen to a total solar eclipse. I believe the recent eclipse didn't bring on hurricane Harvey in southeast Tex and Louisiana.

katydid

Total solar eclipses were harbingers of doom throughout history, but what about wherever the Aug 21st path of totality crossed: Seismically active and volcanic areas of Oregon and Wyoming...and the New Madrid fault zone in Missouri, the tornado alleys of the Central Plains and Southeast, and hurricane-prone coast of South Carolina. If anything occurred, we would rule out the natural disaster common to the area or expected to happen to a total solar eclipse. I believe the recent eclipse didn't bring on hurricane Harvey in southeast Tex and Louisiana.

There were natural disasters ongoing in those areas you listed:

http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/index.ssf/2017/08/wildfires_burn_thousands_of_ac.html
Wildfires continue burning in Oregon, prompting air hazard warning
Posted August 29, 2017
Wildfires are burning thousands of acres across the state, prompting evacuations and air hazard notices in several areas.

Over half a million acres lost to Montana wildfires so far this summer

http://www.ktvq.com/story/36272439/...-lost-to-montana-wildfires-so-far-this-summer
BILLINGS - Montana is burning.

Four thousand firefighters, 125 aircraft and 350 Montana National Guard troops battled 40 wildfires this summer that scorched 655,171 acres with 23 still actively consuming land statewide.

According to InciWeb, the most destructive of these was the Lolo Peak Fire which claimed two lives and burned 39,719 acres.

The Lodgepole Complex Fire was the largest of the summer coming in at 270,723 acres.

The longest burning was the Tongue River Complex. It began in early July and burned just under 29,000 acres and is still listed as active on Inciweb, the federal website for fire information.

This fire season has been compounded by a lack of rainfall. August was nearly the driest on record, creating an extremely dangerous situation.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswitha...of-acres-as-the-solar-eclipse-nears-synopsis/
Wildfires Engulf Thousands Of Acres As The Solar Eclipse Nears (Synopsis)
The solar eclipse we’ve all been waiting for is just two weeks away. Yet even though you’ve got your eye protection ready, your location picked out, and your plans all set, there’s a wild card you need to be aware of: wildfires. The total solar eclipse in Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming-west-of-the-rockies coincides with peak wildfire season, and with over a million people headed to a 70-mile-wide strip of land, the risk cannot be overstated.

These^^ wildfires make sense with the prominent Mars in the eclipse chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
I think it's a question of intensity, not just the existence of the fires and storms. Wildfires and hurricanes always happen at this time of year in areas that are prone to them. What's unusual is having such intense wildfires and such an intense hurricane hitting the same country at the same time. Eclipses intensify what already is, especially where they were visible.... so there we are.

I think it's noteworthy that Hurricane Harvey narrowly bypassed Mexico and hit only the United States. Maybe it rained in northeastern Mexico, but they didn't get walloped. Only the US did... and the US is the only country where the eclipse was visible everywhere. Not total everywhere, but visible everywhere in the continental United States.

Osamenor

Staff member
And I'm curious about astrological factors that would spell out air pollution. Someone mentioned it up thread, in reference to Harvey... I am currently experiencing a bit of scratchy throat from all the wildfire smoke, miles away from the nearest fires, in an area that typically has good air quality but is right now covered in smokey haze. Seems that extra high air pollution is happening in lots of places right now.

CapAquaPis

And I'm curious about astrological factors that would spell out air pollution. Someone mentioned it up thread, in reference to Harvey... I am currently experiencing a bit of scratchy throat from all the wildfire smoke, miles away from the nearest fires, in an area that typically has good air quality but is right now covered in smokey haze. Seems that extra high air pollution is happening in lots of places right now.

The city of Los Angeles declared the Grand fire north of the communities of Sunland and Tujunga the largest in city history. 6 years of previous drought plus a heavily wet winter = lots of dried up brush to combust. Tomorrow is a high chance of rain there from what was Tropical Storm Lidia off Baja, Mexico and this is what firefighters need, a difficult task to contain the entire wildfire.

katydid

I think it's a question of intensity, not just the existence of the fires and storms. Wildfires and hurricanes always happen at this time of year in areas that are prone to them. What's unusual is having such intense wildfires and such an intense hurricane hitting the same country at the same time. Eclipses intensify what already is, especially where they were visible.... so there we are.

I think it's noteworthy that Hurricane Harvey narrowly bypassed Mexico and hit only the United States. Maybe it rained in northeastern Mexico, but they didn't get walloped. Only the US did... and the US is the only country where the eclipse was visible everywhere. Not total everywhere, but visible everywhere in the continental United States.

I agree. It is not just the existence of wildfires and floods. It is the potential intensity of the incidents. And I believe the eclipse intensified and aggravated the devastation.

Wildfires burn around Oregon, force evacuations | Fox News
www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/.../wildfires-burn-around-oregon-force-
- Oregon is struggling to deal with the largest wildfires to rip through the state in 13 years. ...
September 01, 2017 ...
Indeed, the air quality in some parts of Oregon has ranked among the worst in the country due to the smoke and haze...

Kuntuzangmo

It will be interesting to see where Irma makes landfall. Maybe in the eclipse zone....?
We shall see.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

It will be interesting to see where Irma makes landfall. Maybe in the eclipse zone....?
We shall see.

Last weekend, a tropical depression struck South and North Carolina, esp the Myrtle Beach-Wilmington areas. Last year (Oct), hurricane Matthew and 2012, hurricane Sandy in the same area. Luckily, weak Hurricane Gert didn't land last month, but was close to the carolinas and Virginia (Hampton Roads).

Kuntuzangmo

So post eclipse we definitely have huge natural phenomena going on - Harvery, the wild fires, now Irma.
All quite on target I'd say.
I hope that there is good outcome from all of it in terms of compassion, generosity, and wisdom.

!4C

So post eclipse we definitely have huge natural phenomena going on - Harvery, the wild fires, now Irma.
In addition, the nuclear test in North Korea was on the activation from mars and mercury. There is some concern that the tests are becoming powerful enough to collapse the mountain and release radiation if not done properly.

Also, the relatively quite sun (approaching solar minimum) started spewing solar flares recently. One was an X9 class flare, which is the strongest flare in about 10 years. The CME is hitting Earth now. spaceweather.com

Considering that hurricanes are fueled by oceanic solar heating, I would say this leo eclipse theme is the release of concentrated hellfire energy.

Kuntuzangmo

And now a huge earthquake in Mexico, and Jose forming in the Atlantic.
The Caribbean basin is getting pounded from all directions post eclipse. It almost seems like the eclipse path is protected (we shall see), and it's all been diverted South. And not to mention the solar flares, and now the huge Experian breach....
When it rains, it pours - so to speak.

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
There seems to be surprise at the violent result of the eclipse. But that is the astrological nature of eclipses. Mars activated the eclipse degree almost at once initiating violent events. Usually it takes awhile and people forget the connection.

To use the eclipse chart as an astro-meteorological chart look at the fourth house. That is the central ground location. In whole sign houses, it is Aquarius an air sign. Eclipses predict something violent not calm conditions so expect high winds and storms. Aquarius is ruled by Saturn which is taking many aspects: it is active. Saturn is the planet of heavy rains so expect lots of flooding too. The eclipse itself was in a fire sign so expect fire and smoke.

And it is not over yet. Solar eclipses have a long life. Every time a planet activates the eclipse degree by transit expect more trouble especially in or near the areas where it was visible.

dr. farr

In the August 21 TSE chart (Plato, MO, US population center) we find (relative to the Mexico earthquake-which is the strongest quake there since quakes have been recorded):
-Capricorn (signification for Mexico) positing Pluto
-Pluto within 19 minutes of exact parallel with Capricorn dispositior Saturn
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn in exact conjunction with Dark Moon Lilith
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn is part of the TSE platik Grand Fire Trine, linking Eclipse lord Mars with Saturn and Uranus
-Uranus and Pluto are often referred to in Modern astrology as earthquake significators
-Saturn, at the time of the Eclipse, is turning stationary/direct, a very potent condition for Saturn and its influences
-Pluto, in Capricorn, is quincunx Eclipse lord Mars

Based on the above relationships I would include the record Mexico earthquake as connected with the August 21 TSE.

ashriia

Something interesting also, not with regards to mexico specifically but in general for the leo eclipse.

Is the conjunction of saturn/lilith in saggitarius. And having pluto capricorn in exact opposition with ceres in cancer. The opposition is square to jupiter in libra. So it all ties together. With such configurations I would imagine much higher death tolls. Ceres in cancer can also be indicative of people dying within their homes.
However, I think alot of good will also come from all the destruction. Especially with ceres involved in probably the best sign she can be in; cancer. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of our mortality for a collective "reboot". And we definitely need a reboot! esp in the US, that is currently so divided.

In the August 21 TSE chart (Plato, MO, US population center) we find (relative to the Mexico earthquake-which is the strongest quake there since quakes have been recorded):
-Capricorn (signification for Mexico) positing Pluto
-Pluto within 19 minutes of exact parallel with Capricorn dispositior Saturn
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn in exact conjunction with Dark Moon Lilith
-Capricorn dispositor Saturn is part of the TSE platik Grand Fire Trine, linking Eclipse lord Mars with Saturn and Uranus
-Uranus and Pluto are often referred to in Modern astrology as earthquake significators
-Saturn, at the time of the Eclipse, is turning stationary/direct, a very potent condition for Saturn and its influences
-Pluto, in Capricorn, is quincunx Eclipse lord Mars

Based on the above relationships I would include the record Mexico earthquake as connected with the August 21 TSE.