Gemini and Aquarius are both creative, so what's the difference?

Gemini888

No, I'm not talking about the Sun or any planet placement. I'm talking about the two purely as forms of energy.

I sometimes see people associating the two signs with intellect and creativity. But I haven't seen anyone differentiate these qualities between the two signs. So does it mean that Gemini and Aquarius both possess the same kind of creativity?

My guess is that Aquarius creates new things from scratch, and Gemini works with what it already has to create something original.

Any thought on this?

Witchyone

I agree that they're similar energies with a lot in common. They are more similar to each other than Libra is to either.

Perhaps the differences can be discerned by looking at how the signs are defined differently. Both air, but Aquarius is fixed, and Gemini is mutable. Both masculine, but Gemini is an early sign, and Aquarius is a late sign. Both represented by human forms, but Gemini is dual, and Aquarius has a prop.

I think you're right that Gemini tends to work more with what exists, trying to find the value and commonalities in what others have already brought forth, while Aquarius isn't happy unless it can think up new things. While both are detached energies, Gemini operates as a messenger and so is more interested in the world and other people than Aquarius, which is a bit like Pisces in its urge to just move on out of here to the next reincarnation/world/plane. Aquarius is a more serious energy than Gemini, I think, although both can be irreverent and goofy.

renaen591

As far as I understand, gemini takes information from many different sources and transforms it to all become a new creation. Aquarius takes anything that intrigues them and thinks of original ways to 'upgrade' to make better functioning and to reach further people.
I think WiFi is very aquarian, since it was upgraded from land-line connection and say, this forum is very gemini because we're all coming with information to share and all go away with new knowledge from different sources.
Sorry for the long windedness...i was thinking as I was typing haha

CapAquaPis

and another comparison of the similarities and differences: Gemini are involved in business, Aquarius are into artistry, and both are into telecommunications. There are light and dark sides of these signs: dark Gemini is about graft and corruption, and dark Aquarius is represented by authoritarianism and cult of personality. And Taurus and Pisces can have qualities akin to Gemini and Aquarius when it comes to innovative liberalism and mystical spirituality, and Cancer and Capricorn on selfless humanitarianism and scientific innovation.

Gemini888

Thank you all for your interpretation. There's a lot of interesting information so far. I have never thought of Gemini as being a business person. But then again Gemini is more social than Aquarius. But still, everyone seems to agree that Gemini is about renew things that are already there, and Aquarius is about making new things altogether. But seems like Gemini isn't into creating new things in the first place, it's more about making things more interesting.