Curses in Vedic Astrology

3eyedraven

I have read on vedic astrology book that a person can be cursed and that there are no remedies for some curses. Is it true?

If so how can a person curse another?

Are there remedies for any curse?

Alamits

I don't speak on this issue as an expert but someone who may be able to help. The curses that are talked about are, typically, talking about spiritually advanced beings in a higher yuga. If you look at some of the vedic stories of beings cursing each other, it is typically people of demi-god or rishi caliber doing these things. For the most part, it is unclear who has this capacity though because in some stories there are every day people cursing each other.
The remedies for these curses depends on who does it. Once again, however, this is not clear as to whether or not any curse is reversible. It is commonly agreed upon that curses can be modified, but not necessarily removed. I hope this answered your question.

RaRohini

Hi 3rdeyeraven,
In those vedic times, most souls were advanced with very little to no karma pending in their lives. Through penance and austerities, they collected the power within themselves and used it for the good of others. In a fit of anger against perceived injustice, they may direct that power against a single person with pointed intention. That is called a curse. But they lose all the power which they have accumulated through penance and have to restart the process.

3eyedraven

I don't speak on this issue as an expert but someone who may be able to help. The curses that are talked about are, typically, talking about spiritually advanced beings in a higher yuga. If you look at some of the vedic stories of beings cursing each other, it is typically people of demi-god or rishi caliber doing these things. For the most part, it is unclear who has this capacity though because in some stories there are every day people cursing each other.
The remedies for these curses depends on who does it. Once again, however, this is not clear as to whether or not any curse is reversible. It is commonly agreed upon that curses can be modified, but not necessarily removed. I hope this answered your question.
"The remedies for these curses depends on who does it." That means only the person who curse can remove it?

3eyedraven

Hi 3rdeyeraven,
In those vedic times, most souls were advanced with very little to no karma pending in their lives. Through penance and austerities, they collected the power within themselves and used it for the good of others. In a fit of anger against perceived injustice, they may direct that power against a single person with pointed intention. That is called a curse. But they lose all the power which they have accumulated through penance and have to restart the process.

Hi RaRohini,
So in what ways can they curse someone? for example can they curse if they have the persons horoscope?

How can they curse a person with a pointed intention?

Alamits

In most cases, you see that the curses can't even be removed by even the ones who curse others. It's not really clear as to those guidelines. It is a rule of thumb, I believe, that there isn't anyone alive capable of such things.
It used to be, to some degree, that you would have two names. One name was kept private and never spoken to anyone. The other, your public name. The idea being that those with your birth name could have enough to know when to attack you, trade with you, what have you, and come out ahead. That's not really a curse but it gives you an idea of what used to happen and the closest thing to a curse than can be done today.

3eyedraven

In most cases, you see that the curses can't even be removed by even the ones who curse others. It's not really clear as to those guidelines. It is a rule of thumb, I believe, that there isn't anyone alive capable of such things.
It used to be, to some degree, that you would have two names. One name was kept private and never spoken to anyone. The other, your public name. The idea being that those with your birth name could have enough to know when to attack you, trade with you, what have you, and come out ahead. That's not really a curse but it gives you an idea of what used to happen and the closest thing to a curse than can be done today.
Do you know any good books or a website on Curses in Vedic Astrology or any curse not related to Vedic. If you know any ebooks that you found online on curses would be helpful.

Alamits

Pick any Vedic book and you'll find an example. They typically play a small role as climatic encounters more than anything else.

3eyedraven

Pick any Vedic book and you'll find an example. They typically play a small role as climatic encounters more than anything else.
I have read that only some planets can be cursed. Is it true? or can any planet be cursed including Rahu and Ketu?

Alamits

I suppose you'll have to define curse in the context of your question. When you ask about cursed planets do you mean for a native?

3eyedraven

I suppose you'll have to define curse in the context of your question. When you ask about cursed planets do you mean for a native?
what I meant is that when a Rishi or someone who knows the subject well curses another person. Can the Rishi curse all the planets of the victims horoscope or only some planets?

RishiRahul

what I meant is that when a Rishi or someone who knows the subject well curses another person. Can the Rishi curse all the planets of the victims horoscope or only some planets?

The reply probably lies in your query (highlighted in bold).....!

Why would one well versed in astrology be able to curse well?

RishiRahul

RishiRahul

Because he knows the subject well!!!

Do you know how to cure or remove curses done by another?

A person who knows the subject well (Destiny) will have the power to foresee destiny.

Everyone is cursed in some way or the other; and blessed in some way. The native just has to wait for the time.

Now, when the knowledgeable divinator is angry with the other native, sees the bad in his life; similarly when he is pleased with the other will focus on the good.
....And proclaim the results.

But would that change destiny?

Yes, its difficult to come out ones own beliefs or others' belief.

RishiRahul

/