Putting it all together....

Courtney Love

I am growing increasingly frustrated because I feel like astrology is a language I just can't learn to speak, it's like spanish where I know a ton of nouns and verbs but I still can't put together a full sentence, much less carry on a conversation...

Where do you learn to blend everything together? You know, I'm looking at my SR & natal and I've learned alot, but I still can't figure it all out. I can understand separate parts like moon in scorpio, and also moon in the second house, but I don't know what moon in scorpio in the second house means. I really don't know what it means when the moon is conjunct uranus or squaring mars in the 10th. How do you learn to take the individual "ingredients" and make a recipe?

kronos

I can understand separate parts like moon in scorpio, and also moon in the second house, but I don't know what moon in scorpio in the second house means. I really don't know what it means when the moon is conjunct uranus or squaring mars in the 10th. How do you learn to take the individual "ingredients" and make a recipe?

A technique that I tried was to observe which sign is in which house at various times of the day. For example, take note of what the ascendent is at a particular time of the day. That's a basic example of how to experience astrological effects. You can then start expanding your awareness to more of what's happening in the sky and beneath it. If the moon catches your eye one night, where is it? So let's say it's in scorpio at the moment. That, you can check on at the forum's home page anytime, which you know. But if you go further, you can check your clock, cast a chart, and see what house it was in at the moment, and then consider what energies were present at the moment. What I'm talking about, is experiential. I feel like I'm where you are. I want to learn about houses and aspects as well. I think it's difficult to understand everything in astrology only by reading, because it's layed out so scientifically in books. There are rules in horary for example. I know that much, and I know some of them as well. And it's good to go through, read in a book, the energies associated with each of the houses, but the next thing is to understand why these energies are in fact associated with each particular house. For example, what makes your natal ascendant the door through which you first see the world? Does the answer have something to do with the fact that the energies of a certain constellation are emitting energy on the eastern horizon, or energies from the place and time of birth are emitting that way? This is what I'm trying to get at, to understand more. If someone knows the science very well, that is really helpful. But as a beginner, I'm looking for help being able to experience certain aspects and configurations, but also be able to understand the science like a language, as you say.

wilsontc

Staff member
astro-sentencing, to Courtney

Courtney,

You said:
I am growing increasingly frustrated because I feel like astrology is a language I just can't learn to speak...Where do you learn to blend everything together?...How do you learn to take the individual "ingredients" and make a recipe?

The simplest way to learn "astro-sentencing" is to go to the link beneath this post and follow the six steps listed there.

Simply,

Tim

I am growing increasingly frustrated because I feel like astrology is a language I just can't learn to speak, it's like spanish where I know a ton of nouns and verbs but I still can't put together a full sentence, much less carry on a conversation...

Where do you learn to blend everything together? You know, I'm looking at my SR & natal and I've learned alot, but I still can't figure it all out. I can understand separate parts like moon in scorpio, and also moon in the second house, but I don't know what moon in scorpio in the second house means. I really don't know what it means when the moon is conjunct uranus or squaring mars in the 10th. How do you learn to take the individual "ingredients" and make a recipe?

We are all visual people and need to see charts pls?

No one can view attachments at the moment, although admin are trying to resolve matters -- so in the meantime try this ----

Everyone I think I've found a temporary solution to attachments. If you upload via your control panel and save to your album and then copy and paste the link into your thread --- this seems to work. Only slight problem you may have to trim the size down to fit ie: 600 x 600 in some kind of software or accessories/paint first.

Another idea (from eedwards) was to have two internet explorer windows open (but not full view obviously) and simply drag and drop chart from one window to another. Just remember to either (anonymize if posting a friends chart) and reduce to 63% in Extended chart selection

A member advised me of this ---
“I cast the chart on astro.com right, and saved it to the computer. Then I have an account on photobucket (which is Free) and uploaded it there. After it is saved there you can assess url, links to the pic. One is an "img" kind of link, you just copy and paste in the post, and after you have posted, it shows up as a chart there”

Here are some research links for solar returns :)

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html
http://www.skyviewzone.com/solarreturn.htm

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

All returns from Ed board AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Courtney Love

We are all visual people and need to see charts pls?

you've seen the charts I mean before, you've been kind enough to offer advice on both my natal and SR, and I appreciate it. What I've been doing is going with a book that advises that you use the Solar Return combined with the natal, but using the Solar return houses, not the natal... here's my chart:

2009waterville.gif

So the 1st house of the chart is in libra, as the ascendent of the SR becomes chartruler. There's so much 3rd house activity, the book of Solar Returns I'm using says to include the natal with the SR, so that both of my suns, neptune, venus, pluto and mercury are all in the 3rd. it looks like the year to write, work even more online, or buy a car, or all three. neptune should be good to help with writing... but like, my Natal Jupiter is in the 9th house this SR, would that indicate that this is a good time to go back to school, or travel? Jupiter in cancer, heh, i guess I should go to culinary school. I don't know.. you see my point. I want to use the writer's technique of using the SR's houses, and seeing where all planets fall (natal & SR) but I just don't know enough....

I feel like I don't know/can't grasp what this chart is saying this year is going to be like, you know? I can't put it all together.... I'm going to read the links that you and Wilson have offered...

Last edited:
your main focus of attention should be Natal pluto conj SR Asc. SR moon conj natal uranus. SR venus conj natal neptune and N Node conj IC

So what is it you are hoping to acheive in this solar return? Remember it only lasts from birthday to birthday and if anything major is going to happen it should also be reflected in progressions and/or transits for confirmation. The angles are ultimately important moreso for external events, the rest could just be internal --

You could alos try our Recommendations forum for books, software etc