Have you ever had someone’s Moon in your 8th house?

AtlanticPacific

Dating someone now who has an 8th house Moon which is also conj my 8th H cusp in synastry (and also my north node). (We're both Aqua ASC so have somewhat similar house cusps but he's a Cappy Sun and I'm Scorp Sun). His Pluto also falls in my 8th (and I have Pluto in the 8th natally, although in his chart my Pluto falls in the 9th House). While we're definitely very touchy feely with one another and mutually attracted I wouldn't say there's obsessiveness - in fact there's an emotional aloofness that is currently driving me crazy (my Pluto squares his 8th H ruler Merc, perhaps this is why? Or the fact that we both have Aquari ASC).

Anyway, not sure if this is helpful but thought I'd weigh in!

ElenaJ

Aquarius ascendent means Leo descendent. If he is a Capricorn sun, that gives a cold shading to his relationship.

AtlanticPacific

Aquarius ascendent means Leo descendent. If he is a Capricorn sun, that gives a cold shading to his relationship.

I see, so his 7th House ruler (Sun) being in Cappy is creating the emotional restraint and coldness? It's obvious but didn't occur to me, because some of my very best friends have been Cappy Suns! (Although one for sure doesn't have Leo DESC, don't know about the other).

Getting back to 8th H Moon - wouldn't his Moon in the 8th make him crave emotional intimacy? Or just make him a bit freaky-deaky? :biggrin:

AtlanticPacific

What is his moon sign?

He's a Virgo Moon which I know indicates more caution! :crying: I attached our Synastry for reference.

Attachments

• Synastry 1.jpg
    Synastry 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 30

ElenaJ

Between virgo and Capricorn, a fairly reserved personality.
His Saturn is almost exactly square your sun, and it is close to your moon, putting a damper on you and your emotions. You reach out, but he restrains you. It's like cold water on your feelings. It is also stabilising, you certainly won't go off on strange loops with him around, but you don't always get the emotional feedback you need from him. He seems aloof to you.

AtlanticPacific

Between virgo and Capricorn, a fairly reserved personality.
His Saturn is almost exactly square your sun, and it is close to your moon, putting a damper on you and your emotions. You reach out, but he restrains you. It's like cold water on your feelings. It is also stabilising, you certainly won't go off on strange loops with him around, but you don't always get the emotional feedback you need from him. He seems aloof to you.

Yup! Spot on! Thanks for your input Elena. :smile: