Your experience with Neptune

tripleooo

What is your experience with Neptune in the houses? Neptune is supposed to bring some foggy and uncertain atmosphere to the matters related to the house it’s in. Neptune doesn’t seem like a very pleasant planet but it’s quite fascinating. :smile: Does Neptune cause you emotional or mental discomfort and disturbance when dealing with the specific house matters?

If you do want to tell your Neptune experience, I would be grateful if you also mentioned what aspects Neptune forms with other planets in your chart (I don’t personally count out-of-sign aspects and those with wide orbs which astro.com still uses, but you may include them) and what house system you use (if it’s Placidus, you may not mention it). :wink:

Last edited:
What is your experience with Neptune in the houses? Neptune is supposed to bring some foggy and uncertain atmosphere to the matters related to the house it’s in. Neptune doesn’t seem like a very pleasant planet but it’s quite fascinating. :smile: Does Neptune cause you emotional or mental discomfort and disturbance when dealing with the specific house matters? I’m particularly interested in those of you who have it in their 3rd or 4th house because I’m trying to understand where mine is, but any input is appreciated. :joyful:

If you do want to tell your Neptune experience, I would be grateful if you also mentioned what aspects Neptune forms with other planets in your chart (I don’t personally count out-of-sign aspects and those with wide orbs which astro.com still uses, but you may include them) and what house system you use (if it’s Placidus, you may not mention it). :wink:

Well my whole life I've been dealing with problems in relationships and how people perceive me since I have Neptune in Capricorn and Cancer Ascendant as well as Neptune in the 7th. Things have been very foggy. Any advice for a Neptune in the 7th houser?

tripleooo

Well my whole life I've been dealing with problems in relationships and how people perceive me since I have Neptune in Capricorn and Cancer Ascendant as well as Neptune in the 7th. Things have been very foggy. Any advice for a Neptune in the 7th houser?

I think it would be easier to give advice if I could see your chart. There are a lot of factors that can influence establishing relationships with people. Are there any other planets in your 7th house? What aspects does Neptune make to other planets? Where is your Venus (sign and house) and what aspects does it make? What about your Saturn (it's the ruler of your 7th house)?

It's quite possible that there will always be some kind of disillusionment with your partners, but hey, everyone has their Neptune somewhere, it's not that it's you who's unlucky. The problems are easier to cope with when there are positive aspects (sextiles and trines) and harder when there are negative ones (squares and oppositions). As a general advice, be more realistic with your partner, see in him/her what there actually is rather than what you want to see, if you're unsure it's better to consult with your relatives or friends you trust. Don't start relationships only out of pity for your partner and don't become too dependent on your relationship. You may feel attracted to people of artistic and creative type, which isn't bad in itself, but someone in the relatioship has to be more grounded and down-to-earth and if you feel like it's you, don't forget about it.

Lin

Neptune IS fascinating....and it usually DOESN'T bring distress DIRECTLY at the time of most transits. It affects OTHER areas of the chart and in those areas is where you will feel the distress.
Neptune is the planet of deception. It rules deceit, fantasy, ignorance, delusions, impractical idealism, fear, guilt, jealousy, addiction, and many other negative thoughts and behaviors.

It usually does not act alone (except when on an angle).

It also is a main component in art, drama, creativity of all sorts.

In its HIGHEST dynamic....it rules TRUE spiritually. I say TRUE spirituality because many people are deluded that they are having a "SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE" when they are merely experiencing the delusion of Neptune.

It's a dangerous planet and takes a big part of responsibility in all conflict which includes anything religious - because of the fact that Neptune rules the 12th house of the spirit.

YOu can be both deceitful and also prone to being DECEIVED with the strong Neptune.

Neptune is a BIG subject. And is very fascinating. Just make sure you don't get "lost" in it. "Lost" is a Neptune word.
I will list some "Neptune words" later.
LIN

tripleooo

Neptune IS fascinating....and it usually DOESN'T bring distress DIRECTLY at the time of most transits. It affects OTHER areas of the chart and in those areas is where you will feel the distress.
Neptune is the planet of deception. It rules deceit, fantasy, ignorance, delusions, impractical idealism, fear, guilt, jealousy, addiction, and many other negative thoughts and behaviors.

It usually does not act alone (except when on an angle).

It also is a main component in art, drama, creativity of all sorts.

In its HIGHEST dynamic....it rules TRUE spiritually. I say TRUE spirituality because many people are deluded that they are having a "SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE" when they are merely experiencing the delusion of Neptune.

It's a dangerous planet and takes a big part of responsibility in all conflict which includes anything religious - because of the fact that Neptune rules the 12th house of the spirit.

YOu can be both deceitful and also prone to being DECEIVED with the strong Neptune.

Neptune is a BIG subject. And is very fascinating. Just make sure you don't get "lost" in it. "Lost" is a Neptune word.
I will list some "Neptune words" later.
LIN

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I agree with probably everything you said except for your statement "Neptune rules the 12th house". Because a) planets don't rule houses and b) I disagree that Neptune rules Pisces, which you probably link to the 12th house. But that's my opinion.

tripleooo

I have Neptune square Asc, Mercury, Venus, conjunct Uranus, sextile Moon and Mars, sesquiquadrate Jupiter and semisextile Saturn

Ask me anything

Well, since you have so many aspects to your Neptune, its influence must be very prominent in your life! :smile: My primary question was about the house where your Neptune is. What house is yours in? What are the effects?

belabismo

Interesting thread tripleooo. Mine is in 4th in Capricorn, conjunct to Uranus. Makes aspects to Moon, Mars, Venus, and Ascendant. Aspect to Venus is a hard aspect and the other are "soft." I have a Pisces descendant for what it is worth.

I would say, my mother is religious (Catholic). The entire culture my family is a part of has Catholicism tied up in every celebration and tradition. Our subculture is particularly superstitious. I've seen it said the "birth chart" of our home country is Pisces; I thought that was funny. My family is also islanders originally. They also have a lot of secrets and some mental illness (anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder) and poor boundaries. Our subset of the population for home country has a high rate of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. We have a few people in the family who have substance abuse problems. I don't want to be totally negative though. Many in my family have strong religious faith; it definitely could help to get through bad times. Their island has extremely turbulent weather; people relied on faith to deal with it.

As for my life, I believe my Neptune problems arise in relationships. For example, with my family I never can tell whether I am too harsh with my opinion of them or whether I should run and never look back. I think I can also get a little too lost in daydreaming etc. I don't use drugs though, unless coffee counts. ;)

tripleooo

Neptune represents the Godly receptive qualities, that is the Faith. Not the True Faith which is the fake faith. Neptune will do evil so you know she's good regardless of her actions. She will be wrong so you know she's intelligent regardless of her thoughts. She will look ugly so you can you how beautiful she is. She will show you the way, that is if you can see not with your eyes, or hear with your ears. She puts up a smoke screen so you only go through if you are willing to. It's the filter for purity.

Paradox is synonym with Delusion.

It's too abstract even for my Pisces Mercury to comprehend. :andy: Like, how am I supposed to understand this:

Not the True Faith which is the fake faith.

Also it doesn't seem like paradox is a synonym of delusion. Paradox - a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. Delusion - belief in something that is not true.

I sort of get what you mean, especially by your phrase "Neptune is the filter for purity" but I'm not sure if I agree with it.

tripleooo

How can you believe in something that isn't true? That is the paradox of life itself, given that perception is completely subjective.

True Faith is fake faith because it has to be reaffirmed by an adjective. Blue sky isn't blue, it's just sky.

Feel free to ask any questions. :sleeping:

I feel like now we're getting into metaphysics which I'm honestly not very interested in... :sideways: But thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway!

Alzander

What is your experience with Neptune in the houses? Neptune is supposed to bring some foggy and uncertain atmosphere to the matters related to the house it’s in. Neptune doesn’t seem like a very pleasant planet but it’s quite fascinating. :smile: Does Neptune cause you emotional or mental discomfort and disturbance when dealing with the specific house matters? I’m particularly interested in those of you who have it in their 3rd or 4th house because I’m trying to understand where mine is, but any input is appreciated. :joyful:

My Neptune is capricorn 5th house and so is my moon and Jupiter too.

As a Pisces sun, Mercury, mars and Saturn I guess Neptune must be rather influential and it's also the planet in my chart at highest degrees.

But with Virgo rising, Aquarius Uranus and Gemini Midheaven a lot of what I'm about is the mind, communication and working with and serving others efficiently.

I'd have to say that what seems to be interesting with my chart is the fact I have sun, mars, Mercury, Saturn in the same sign (pisces) and also moon, Jupiter and capicorn in the same sign (Capricorn).

Chart attached with post. Peace fellow StarLovers.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.GIF
    IMG_0212.GIF
    48.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

belabismo

Neptune conj Uranus and Saturn in 1st house, Capricorn, aspected to my Moon and Pluto. I have dreams, solid and big ones, kind of revolutionary.

@bel
where are u? what's the island and the catholic upbringing? :eek:

moonris3, it's such a small population I'd rather not say, but the country is Portugal. But I live/grew up in the US. :)

tripleooo

My Neptune is capricorn 5th house and so is my moon and Jupiter too.

As a Pisces sun, Mercury, mars and Saturn I guess Neptune must be rather influential and it's also the planet in my chart at highest degrees.

But with Virgo rising, Aquarius Uranus and Gemini Midheaven a lot of what I'm about is the mind, communication and working with and serving others efficiently.

I'd have to say that what seems to be interesting with my chart is the fact I have sun, mars, Mercury, Saturn in the same sign (pisces) and also moon, Jupiter and capicorn in the same sign (Capricorn).

Chart attached with post. Peace fellow StarLovers.

According to your chart your Neptune is in the 4th house, not 5th. Was this a typo? Neptune in your case should bring some fogginess into your family life. Could you tell a bit about your family background?

CapAquaPis

My Neptune is in Sagittarius-6th...I'm Aquarius (Sun/moon). It squares the triplicity of Mars/Jupiter/Saturn in Virgo and Mercury in Pisces the other way. Neptune is thought to be co-ruler of Sagittarius which is ruled by Jupiter and in traditional astrology, Jupiter rules Pisces but modernists said it's Neptune.

GoldenLion12

In my experience in the collective, I would say Neptune basically deceives everyone not just in religion/spiritual communities, but also through Media, Entertainment, Literature, Non-fiction, Psychology, Philsophy, Politics.Usually what is hidden behind the scenes and not on the surface. Sure, it is dangerous for the simple reason most people stay on the surface, take things at face value, and don't dig deeper for the answers.

I would say I've had my Neptune Experiences, and correct, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Uranus, Moon, all played their part. Thoughts and imagination can be Neptune. Gossiping and rumors can be Neptune. Even judging and persecuting.

Inanna92

I have Natal Neptune in 3rd house. From young ages had huge imagination, daydreamer, when I write lyrics, they are abstract just like my mind, when I listen to music I feel every vibration, dive deep into melodies. Can have lack of concentration on the other side, hated school, always wanted to learn just for myself. Never had too much in common and any contact with neighborhood. Have abstract dreams, had sleep paralyses until I did first astral projection. Have great intuition and can read people well, their true nature, their fears, what they're trying to hide from the world. I'm very spiritual and into the occult, but let's say there is more placement than just this one who indicate it.

When it comes to Neptune in 4th, it's my transit Neptune. My relationship with mother changed drastically, I feel like stranger in home and want to leave as soon as I can for my own peace. Everybody from the family find me totally distanced, detached in few past years. Neptune gives here illusion, everything seems to be fine but it's not.

In Natal chart this placement can give problematic family. Alcoholic parent, one or both totally irresponsible, one parent maybe left family. If person doesn't work on this placement can have fear of rising family, or can have the family of same nature like one from their childhood. Can have illusions, wrong picture of their partner, trying to find best in them (similar like Neptune in 7th), so to bring sadness and chaos into family life.

Wrt2lv

I've got natal Neptune in the 12th house (in Capricorn), conjunct the Sun, Mercury and Uranus. I struggle daily against my insistent daydreams and a generally foggy/"befuddled/scatterbrained" mode of existence. VERY difficult to focus on reality, the here-and-now. Can easily slip into reverie for hours at a time. My mind races with thoughts and images that come and go so fast that it takes a conscious effort of will to stay focused on any one real-world task for very long. It's frustrating! Also I feel I can somewhat blame my Neptune 12th-house placement (and its strength conjunct the sun and those other planets) for my extreme inner emotions. I either am flying very high or very low, and tend to inwardly react extremely strongly to positive and negative emotional stimuli--music, art, other people's feelings, etc.

Also in general have powerful, vivid dreams and an intense, complicated imagination. It helps me a lot in what I do and love (writing prose and poetry and playing music) but it also gives me a tendency to project my dream-reality onto real reality and assume things that are not true about people and situations.

It makes for a rich but tempestuous inner world, though what other people see is a calm and detached, perhaps aloof-seeming person, inside is an insane roller-coaster of "is it real or not".

Last edited:

capriquarian97

I've got natal Neptune in the 12th house (in Capricorn), conjunct the Sun, Mercury and Uranus. I struggle daily against my insistent daydreams and a generally foggy/"befuddled/scatterbrained" mode of existence. VERY difficult to focus on reality, the here-and-now. Can easily slip into reverie for hours at a time. My mind races with thoughts and images that come and go so fast that it takes a conscious effort of will to stay focused on any one real-world task for very long. It's frustrating! Also I feel I can somewhat blame my Neptune 12th-house placement (and its strength conjunct the sun and those other planets) for my extreme inner emotions. I either am flying very high or very low, and tend to inwardly react extremely strongly to positive and negative emotional stimuli--music, art, other people's feelings, etc.

Also in general have powerful, vivid dreams and an intense, complicated imagination. It helps me a lot in what I do and love (writing prose and poetry and playing music) but it also gives me a tendency to project my dream-reality onto real reality and assume things that are not true about people and situations.

It makes for a rich but tempestuous inner world, though what other people see is a calm and detached, perhaps aloof-seeming person, inside is an insane roller-coaster of "is it real or not".

I too, have Neptune in Capricorn conjunct the Sun and Uranus! but with jupiter added in the mix. I ABSOLUTELY have the same exact problem you have : obsessive dreaming and a deep, ambitious but conflicted soul which hampers my actions in reality. I am also aloof, and have trouble communicating to even very close friends. I read this about neptune conjunct uranus: "their natures being so potent and opposite, they refuse to harmonise; every aspect that they make is the signal for battle in the wars of the world-soul. We may find a recluse, an amiable crank, a fanatic, a self-torturing saint."

In its bright side, neptune conjunct the sun is the most soulful aspects in all of astrology. Their natures, when mixed together, are so complete that it is like an entire chart just by itself. add in uranus, on the other hand, brings an electrifying abstractness so potent it may cause symptoms of insanity. There may be a great reconciliation in life either for the world at large or inside oneself

Last edited:

capriquarian97

In my experience in the collective, I would say Neptune basically deceives everyone not just in religion/spiritual communities, but also through Media, Entertainment, Literature, Non-fiction, Psychology, Philsophy, Politics.Usually what is hidden behind the scenes and not on the surface. Sure, it is dangerous for the simple reason most people stay on the surface, take things at face value, and don't dig deeper for the answers.

I would say I've had my Neptune Experiences, and correct, Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Uranus, Moon, all played their part. Thoughts and imagination can be Neptune. Gossiping and rumors can be Neptune. Even judging and persecuting.

i dont think neptune can simply be "this or that", but rather, neptune is the sea from which all forms of experience originate from. Any attempt to describe neptune would simply be falling victim to it!

dancinglight

Neptune in first house, conjunct Moon (o 31') in Scorpio.

It's a wonder I'm not an addict. I just want to dissolve into something that's bigger than this world....somewhere beyond the greed, ignorance, destruction.

Lack of boundaries is a big problem for me. I have trouble drawing lines in the sand; I hate confrontation. But that could be many other aspects in my chart.

I do think that Neptune is a compassionate sign. For me, well, I feel EVERYTHING so this placement is quite emotionally draining.

creepingcreepily

I have Neptune in the sixth house, Aquarius; conjunct sun, mercury and, Venus(tho, pretty loosely). I have never really paid much attention to Neptune in my chart so, I'm not sure what exactly it has affected in my chart but, both the way I communicate and, my relationships tend to be very confusing and unconventional so, I would think that may have to do with my Neptune? i'm not sure. wonder if it also has to do with how forgetful I am, and the fact I tend to be in a perpetual state of mild confusion.