Short trip to Vancouver?

Courtney Love

I need to take a break, and am thinking of running up to Vancouver, BC tomorrow, for like 3 days of alone time.

In this chart, I am represented by Mars in Libra, which is in detriment, and the 3rd house trip to Canada is ruled by Mercury (how appropriate!), which is located at the end of the 12th house.

Although the two signs trine, I am worried about how weak they both are.

The moon, as co-ruler, trines Mercury as well... but... Anything I'm missing? It seems a clear yes, but.... I am half tempted to just stay here in Seattle in a hotel due to the less than ideal chart...

Comments?

Attachments

• Short Trip.jpg
    Short Trip.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 31

Cap

Your short trip to Vancouver falls under 3rd only if it's your daily routine, otherwise it's 9th. Also, this has nothing to do with mileage. Visit to a local church down the street is 9th, and to your office next door to church is 3rd.

Courtney Love

Your short trip to Vancouver falls under 3rd only if it's your daily routine, otherwise it's 9th. Also, this has nothing to do with mileage. Visit to a local church down the street is 9th, and to your office next door to church is 3rd.

Thanks for the heads up, I definitely didn't go. I was under the impression that any short trip was the 3rd, and a longer trip that takes more than a day to get there, or a trip of importance, would fall under the 9th...

I learned Horary from Marion D. March and Joan McEvers's book, and I swear it did way more harm than good...

Cap

I use Frawley when it comes to house meanings, I like his reasoning. Short excerpts from his book - 3rd and 9th house meanings regarding journeys:

3rd
...Your daily round; the routine journeys that you make for the mundane business of your life. These tend to be shorter than the special journeys that we make, hence the common label of 'short journeys' for this house. But if I walk round the corner to visit a shrine, that is pilgrimage, a 9th house sort of journey, despite its being short...
9th
...But it is the specialness, not the length, of the journey that is the distinguishing feature. If I commute from London to New York twice a week, this is a routine journey. If I take a weekend off in a spa 20 miles from my home, this is a special journey. All holidays (holy-days) are 9th, as are foreign countries...

I tried to keep it under 100 words. So, it all depends how often you go to Vancouver.

Last edited: