Family Annihilator ---Chris Watts

thelivingsky

This is an interesting thread and caught my interest as I have done quite a bit of research into charts of killers including serial murderers. Chris Watts' natal shows some of the aspects that show up often in people who commit murder that have not been mentioned here.

One is the natal Black Moon is conjunct his natal Moon. Another is that this conjunction makes a difficult aspect, an opposition, to Pluto if you allow a wide orb. I have seen Orcus in aspect to the Moon, Pluto, a Node and/or the Black Moon in most of the charts of serial killers I have looked at, and he has it square both ends of this very dark opposition. The more of these planets that are involved in difficult aspects to each other it seems the more likely it can manifest in violent or sinister acts.Usually not the kind of violence that occurs in a fit of anger but more like cold-blooded pre-meditated acts.

In mythology Orcus was "the executioner" who could kill without emotion.

On the date of the murders the transiting Black Moon was at 0Aquarius and Mars was at 29 Capricorn activating these aspects.

I wrote a long post a couple years ago on my blog about several serial killers that you can see at www.thelivingsky.wordpress.com

Barb

thelivingsky

astro_245gw_chris_watts_2018813.11236.21387.jpgHere is the chart with the Black Moon, Orcus, Eris, and Nessus and transits and progressions for the date of the murders.

katydid

Chris tob is from a biography written about him, but Shanann's is not known, so I used 12PM

It is uncanny how well it fit the entire relationship.

I heard his mother's interview. She claims her son was a shy and retiring person, only coming out of his shell later in life and that Shanann was the stronger of the two more assertive in her wants etc.

She claims her son spoke of getting a divorce, and he and his wife were in talks about it.

Shanann was very involved in social media (her Twitter acct. now is locked), but she posted many photos of the kids. I did learn one of the girls birthday fell on July 17th when she posted it in 2017. Not sure which one however.

It gives a kind of solace to know all 3 of them are together now...they were quite close to their mother.

Mother Cindy gives an extensive interview about Chris growing up:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...his-family-before-american-murder/ar-BB19Nujx

Here is more about his mother:

https://www.distractify.com/p/chris-watts-mother

Chris Watts' Mother Didn't Get Along With His Wife Shanann

Viewers are curious to learn more about Chris Watts' mother, who did not get along with her daughter-in-law and didn't even attend her son's wedding.

We quickly learn throughout the course of The Family Next Door that Chris' mother, Cindy Watts, did not get along with her daughter-in-law, Shanann, in the slightest. Our introduction to Cindy comes at a time when she refuses to take her granddaughter Cece's allergies seriously and feeds her ice cream she's allergic to, leading Shanann and her to argue and Shanann to eventually storm out of their house during a visit to North Carolina, where Watts' parents lived.

"My mom just never thought she was good enough," Watts tells law officials at one point in the documentary. "It was pretty much just my mom and my sister, they didn't like her. They just thought that Shanann had taken me away from them, to Colorado."

In other interviews, Cindy admits she didn't like Shanann or the way she treated her son, and didn't even attend their wedding "because Shanann and I just couldn't get along."

"She said a lot of things about Chris in front of me that I didn't like," she told NBC. "Like, this isn't the kind of person I would date, he doesn't know how to do this, he doesn't know how to do that ... It was just on and on and on and I just had a bad feeling."

So those^^^ are the things she says publicly about Shanann, and they sound reasonable. But Shanann's family filled in some of the blanks. The first argument between Shanann and Mom in law was interesting.

Chris's mom was angry because Shanann began buying Chris new clothes to wear. His mother had been buying him all of his clothes since he was a child.

And when they began dating, Shanann wanted to update his wardrobe. So she replaced much of his clothing and his Mom was offended.

They argued about it one day and Shanann said that she wanted him to stop being dressed by his mother because he was a grown man. That didn't go over well and the feud began to take fire.

When he was arrested, Mama Watts and her daughter began spreading rumours and lies all over Social Media about Shanann. They told people that she killed the girls, and that she was cheating on Chris, and was over spending, putting them in debt.

They also accused her of lying about having Lupus, and about the daughters having food allergies. They accused her of being a hypochondriac.

NONE OF THOSE ^^^ THINGS WERE TRUE.

I saw these posts by his family in real time. I was in several Crime forums in which his sister was posting. That is how I first became interested in this case.

So I believe his Moon/Mercury opposed Pluto describes a dysfunctional childhood involving a possessive, toxic Mama Bear.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
All of the above has been very interesting reading. I think the critical indicator in Watt's chart is Pluto entangled with the Mars-Uranus opposition. Since Mars and Uranus were in a major aspect between them, their midpoint was quite sensitive. Pluto semisquared Uranus and the Mars-Uranus midpoint. Such Mars/Uranus/Pluto pictures are the most common signature that I have found in murderers.

It is chilling that Watt's sister said she never saw him angry. With Jupiter on Ic and point focus of a Sun/Saturn/Jupiter T-square, he was highly focused upon being a pleasant person who is praiseworthy. He may be conceited by that. He is lacking in self-awareness. This may be a case when spoiling a child has created a psychopathic monster. I believe he was spoiled by his mother.

With Moon-Venus conjunction trine to Midheaven, he clearly wanted a family and a beautiful home together. He was sentimental and potentially devoted, so it is mysterious what caused him to snap.

His Pluto was conjunct his wife's Mars-Pluto conjunction which is a very dangerous contact in synastry. This is a conflict between two determined wills who may be ruthless.

thelivingsky

"I believe he was spoiled by his mother. "

good point.

I often see this in charts where there are strong Moon/Venus aspects. In Watts' natal the conjunction of Moon/Venus includes Eris and make many other aspects that intensify it. A little bit of Moon/Venus is very nice, but like everything else in astrology too much is problematic.

leomoon

Its an old saying that "men marry their mothers". :surprised: I use to wonder about that seriously., because I am a very spiritual minded person but my late mother in law was very church religious, married to the Bible in which she found all her answers in life. I was more the renegade and usurper who challenged beliefs based on the Old Testament which didn't go over very well when I did.

Also, my late mother in law didn't spoil her son, rather she let him iron his own shirts from the day he said she didn't iron them the way he preferred (more starch).....:lol: She didn't cook much, his father did most of the cooking. She was quite intelligent, a Libran Sun born Oct. 7th and he was born Oct.8th, so in some ways they understood each other on a deeper level. Same here, I don't do the cooking, he does and always has for 40years. I will iron however,"my way" or just rely on ready-wear materials.

I noticed that Chris mother may have spoiled him but it seems Shanann thought she had a real gem there, and continued to do so as well?

I recall my 1st mother in law, a Taurus woman who was big time into Philosophy and introduced me to Rene' Descartes (I Think therefore I am") and said she was very upset when I filed for divorce after a very short marriage of a year or less then 2. We both knew we were "incompatible" for sure, he an Aquarius me Capricorn, one day earlier then Shannan's birthday.

I bumped into my ex sister in law decades later and she told me he remarried. She also said her mother didn't like the girl much and preferred me because I was one who could converse with her about philosophical things and this one didn't.

Oh well....maybe in some ways, we marry our parents?:sad: Strictly in an unconscious way, as it's more "comfortable to us" (been there/done that) kind of comfort.

leomoon

This is an interesting thread and caught my interest as I have done quite a bit of research into charts of killers including serial murderers. Chris Watts' natal shows some of the aspects that show up often in people who commit murder that have not been mentioned here.

One is the natal Black Moon is conjunct his natal Moon. Another is that this conjunction makes a difficult aspect, an opposition, to Pluto if you allow a wide orb. I have seen Orcus in aspect to the Moon, Pluto, a Node and/or the Black Moon in most of the charts of serial killers I have looked at, and he has it square both ends of this very dark opposition. The more of these planets that are involved in difficult aspects to each other it seems the more likely it can manifest in violent or sinister acts.Usually not the kind of violence that occurs in a fit of anger but more like cold-blooded pre-meditated acts.

In mythology Orcus was "the executioner" who could kill without emotion.

On the date of the murders the transiting Black Moon was at 0Aquarius and Mars was at 29 Capricorn activating these aspects.

I wrote a long post a couple years ago on my blog about several serial killers that you can see at www.thelivingsky.wordpress.com

Barb

Thanks for the chart....I'm saving it, because its amazing just how "lit up" via triggers it is using these various asteroids. A real argument for asteroids I'd say!

ElenaJ

When we look at a man's natal chart, the moon symbolically represents the women in his life, and the primary one is his mother.

leomoon

When we look at a man's natal chart, the moon symbolically represents the women in his life, and the primary one is his mother.

My husband's Moon is very critical. 29th °40' Cancer. His 9th house cusp of conception was also in Cancer. I said the mother was super religious and tried to live that (Jupiter old ruler) . Uranus in the 8th of pre-conception - inheritance.

When he is "down", which is rare that it can be seen by others with Scorpio Rising and Scorpio Mercury, he is the most sad person in the entire world. There is no getting him out of it, except for time itself. He'll hide himself until he can pretend again to not be.

His mother lost a baby at birth and he was the next child not longer thereafter. Perhaps that had something to do with this critical moon. I think it does actually.

I have Cancer Rising, 21st degree so I can relate a bit and even understand the emotions somewhat.

I don't think I resemble Venus however in his chart :smile:23Libra40'. His Moon squares Venus. He must have married (unconsciously) some part of his mother. :sleeping:

How about the Synastry between Chris Watts & Shanann Watts? His Moon is in Aries with the tob, and using noon, so is Shanann's Moon in Aries.

Mom in law Cindy seems rather aggressive, assertive Aries perhaps, even if the darker side? Looking at the "Living Sky" blog the shadow side of Aries, is "domineering, hyper critical, (which surprised me for I'd think Virgo first)

hypercritical - impulsive , extreme fussiness. I must be more accustomed to seeing the brighter higher energies of Aries, the super hero side of bravery. But its good to recognize too, we each have a darker energy trait or two from the shadow side of the Moon as Barb calls it.

Last edited:

katydid

All of the above has been very interesting reading. I think the critical indicator in Watt's chart is Pluto entangled with the Mars-Uranus opposition. Since Mars and Uranus were in a major aspect between them, their midpoint was quite sensitive. Pluto semisquared Uranus and the Mars-Uranus midpoint. Such Mars/Uranus/Pluto pictures are the most common signature that I have found in murderers.

I agree about Mars/Uranus/Pluto entanglements. Ebertin describes it succinctly with Mars/Uranus=Pluto : Force, Violent Interventions, Higher Power

It is chilling that Watt's sister said she never saw him angry. With Jupiter on Ic and point focus of a Sun/Saturn/Jupiter T-square, he was highly focused upon being a pleasant person who is praiseworthy. He may be conceited by that. He is lacking in self-awareness. This may be a case when spoiling a child has created a psychopathic monster. I believe he was spoiled by his mother.

Yes, that Jupiter on the IC is quite powerful. When I first saw that T-square, it reminded me of the Aaron Hernandez case and his Jupiter.

He went from being an NFL super star to being arrested for a couple of violent murders, that were brutal and unnecessary.

He has a tight bundle of planets in one upper hemisphere, which all funnel through his Retro Jupiter in Cancer, a singleton in the other hemisphere. And that Jupiter was 'entangled' in the midpoints of the Sun/Pluto in Scorpio conjunction square Moon, enmeshed with Saturn/Uranus opposed the Jupiter.

And it was a similar thing as Chris Watts, in that the powerful Jupiter created a childhood where the native was coddled, adored, spoiled and to such an extent, it created conceit and gross feelings of entitlement.

With Moon-Venus conjunction trine to Midheaven, he clearly wanted a family and a beautiful home together. He was sentimental and potentially devoted, so it is mysterious what caused him to snap.

I think it was more than just snapping, because there were a few elements of premeditation involved. It came out in the arrest warrant that he had called the chidden in sick from school, for the Monday after the killings. And he did that BEFORE he killed his family.

And he told the detectives that he had decided to kill them weeks earlier, but hadn't decided on an actual date.

It was the circumstances that triggered the killings that night. His wife had found out about his girlfriend, and she told him she was taking the girls and leaving him.

He couldn't allow that to happen, because of his 2nd house/8th house opposition.
>>>MONEY! If she left with the kids, she would soon give birth to the 3rd child ---and she would get child support for 3 children, draining him dry.

He wanted a new life with his lover, and he wouldn't be able to do so if burdened financially by an ex and 3 children. HE ADMITTED THIS TO DETECTIVES.

So the same Moon/Venus conjunction also indicated his greed and selfishness. Venus in Aries, ruler of his 7th and dispositor of his Sun in Taurus, trines the Leo MC. He wants to keep what is his.

His Pluto was conjunct his wife's Mars-Pluto conjunction which is a very dangerous contact in synastry. This is a conflict between two determined wills who may be ruthless.

Frightening!

Cary2

Banned
Yes, that Jupiter on the IC is quite powerful. When I first saw that T-square, it reminded me of the Aaron Hernandez case and his Jupiter.

He went from being an NFL super star to being arrested for a couple of violent murders, that were brutal and unnecessary.

He has a tight bundle of planets in one upper hemisphere, which all funnel through his Retro Jupiter in Cancer, a singleton in the other hemisphere. And that Jupiter was 'entangled' in the midpoints of the Sun/Pluto in Scorpio conjunction square Moon, enmeshed with Saturn/Uranus opposed the Jupiter.

And it was a similar thing as Chris Watts, in that the powerful Jupiter created a childhood where the native was coddled, adored, spoiled and to such an extent, it created conceit and gross feelings of entitlement.

I think it was more than just snapping, because there were a few elements of premeditation involved. It came out in the arrest warrant that he had called the chidden in sick from school, for the Monday after the killings. And he did that BEFORE he killed his family.

And he told the detectives that he had decided to kill them weeks earlier, but hadn't decided on an actual date.

It was the circumstances that triggered the killings that night. His wife had found out about his girlfriend, and she told him she was taking the girls and leaving him.

He couldn't allow that to happen, because of his 2nd house/8th house opposition.
>>>MONEY! If she left with the kids, she would soon give birth to the 3rd child ---and she would get child support for 3 children, draining him dry.

He wanted a new life with his lover, and he wouldn't be able to do so if burdened financially by an ex and 3 children. HE ADMITTED THIS TO DETECTIVES.

So the same Moon/Venus conjunction also indicated his greed and selfishness. Venus in Aries, ruler of his 7th and dispositor of his Sun in Taurus, trines the Leo MC. He wants to keep what is his.

I believe you are exactly right, katydid. His T-square with Sun opposed to Saturn is quite selfish and extreme and potentially greedy. I think being selfish and greedy was to the fore and it was premeditated.

His wife's Saturn was on his Ascendant, so she seemed a burden to him, holding him back and limiting his aims.

Last edited:

leomoon

"His wife's Saturn was on his Ascendant,"

Now that's interesting.
She kept him under control!

Keen eye to notice.

Ref. Aaron Hernandez, I found this from the Noel Tyl site incl his natal chart.
(Noel Tyl passed over a few years ago btw)

http://planetwatcher.com/#626374740 Hernandez natal chart is a rather strange looking one? As I recall, he never married, but had many children with the girlfriend. I think she inherited the main fortune he created in his football career. Perhaps he had brain injuries from it too. From vague memory, he committed suicide via hanging in his jail cell.

http://www.noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=7271.0 (discussion page)

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
Another similar situation is Scott Peterson who murdered his pregnant wife because he found a mistress more to his liking. This qualifies as a family annihilator.

He has Mars-Uranus at the Sun/Pluto midpoint near the As/Mc midpoint. Pluto is near the Libra cardinal point. His chart accuracy rating is "AA".

I believe that Peterson's psychopathy was connected to his afflicted Neptune on the Ascendant.

Attachments

• scott_peterson_chart.jpg
    scott_peterson_chart.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 38

katydid

I believe you are exactly right, ElanaJ. His T-square with Sun opposed to Saturn is quite selfish and extreme and potentially greedy. I think being selfish and greedy was to the fore and it was premeditated.

His wife's Saturn was on his Ascendant, so she seemed a burden to him, holding him back and limiting his aims.

Interesting.....your post quoted MY reply, and then you said thank you to my good friend Elena...:happy:.....:whistling:

katydid

Another similar situation is Scott Peterson who murdered his pregnant wife because he found a mistress more to his liking. This qualifies as a family annihilator.

He has Mars-Uranus at the Sun/Pluto midpoint near the As/Mc midpoint. Pluto is near the Libra cardinal point. His chart accuracy rating is "AA".

I believe that Peterson's psychopathy was connected to his afflicted Neptune on the Ascendant.

That Neptune /Moon opposition on his Asc/Desc can be seen by his wildly deceitful behaviour. While he was at his wife's vigil, surrounded by a crowd of people praying for her return, he is on the phone with his secret mistress, telling her a ridiculous story, that he is actually at the Eiffel Tower, watching the New Years fireworks gala. :alien:

Also, Neptune opposed Moon could describe what he did to his wife and baby==he wrapped them in a shroud and dumped them out at sea..:sad: