Relationship Question Yes/No(?)

normak

So, this is more a horary technique-related question. The question is: "will we ever break up?"

The chart has retrograde mercury as the significator of the quesitor and jupiter as the significator of the quesited. The moon is in the early degrees of capricorn and makes no aspect (and will make no aspect) to the quesited's significator before leaving capricorn. However, it will eventually make a trine to the quesitor's significator, retrograde mercury. Since the moon is not making any aspect to one of the significators and is eventually making an aspect to retrograde mercury, which is also combust, would this be a "no, they won't ever break up"? I hope I'm reading this right...Rather confusing chart but I have it attached. Since this is a yes/no question, I'm assuming I should read it as "no," rather than trying to analyze relationships between significators/planets.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_78_q_hp.73550.12025.gif
    astro_w2gw_78_q_hp.73550.12025.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 59

kindjali

Hi,

Unfortunately I am unable to help, still learning, but same problem occupies my mind tonight. I had question and in chart person I ask for is retrograde Mercury. It should be NO, but I found on internet contradictory explanations about this.

I am interested to see what will people say about your question.

K.

Serendipity

I'm a beginner so take it with a grain of salt. I am sure one of the more experienced horary readers will correct me if I'm wrong. There's not a lot of reception between the significators. Jupiter is in detriment of Mercury. Mercury is also retrograde (change of mind/heart?) and moving back to Taurus and there is an applying square between the significators......Maybe the querent has thought about or is thinking about breaking up with Jupiter. Does Jupiter have someone else? Venus is in his or her house. My first thoughts would be a yes to answer it but the Moon is in detriment in Capricorn and I'm not sure how much "action" will come out of this.

Last edited:

normak

Serendipity said:
I'm a beginner so take it with a grain of salt. I am sure one of the more experienced horary readers will correct me if I'm wrong. There's not a lot of reception between the significators. Jupiter is in detriment of Mercury. Mercury is also retrograde (change of mind/heart?) and moving back to Taurus and there is an applying square between the significators......Maybe the querent has thought about or is thinking about breaking up with Jupiter. Does Jupiter have someone else? Venus is in his or her house. My first thoughts would be a yes to answer it but the Moon is in detriment in Capricorn and I'm not sure how much "action" will come out of this.
Actually, since it's a yes or no question, we wouldn't necessarily be looking at relationships between significators and the Moon aside from whether they make a "connection" or not. Since the moon makes no aspect to Jupiter and will only at the last second make a trine to Retrograde Mercury (and Mercury is combust, retrograde; hence debilitated), I would interpret the answer as a "no, they will not break up." Also, Venus is the co-significator for the querant and Mars is the co-significator for the quesited; both are conjunct in the quesited's house, so I would say that they are definitely "together" and that Jupiter definitely doesn't have anyone else.

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Using the word 'ever' in any horary question tends to be a bit dicey.
I say its a probable yes, however.
Uranus on the Dsc is a big red flag.
The end of the relationship is ruled by the 4th from the 7th, which is Merc retro. Mercury is heading back to square Jup, the ruler of the Dsc. I do see that the Sun squares Jup first, so this might be construed as frustration.
Mercury ruling the end of the relationship, as well as the querent could show the querent changing her/his mind at some point.
I still say its a probable yes.

barbh:)

normak

barbh said:
Using the word 'ever' in any horary question tends to be a bit dicey.
I say its a probable yes, however.
Uranus on the Dsc is a big red flag.
The end of the relationship is ruled by the 4th from the 7th, which is Merc retro. Mercury is heading back to square Jup, the ruler of the Dsc. I do see that the Sun squares Jup first, so this might be construed as frustration.
Mercury ruling the end of the relationship, as well as the querent could show the querent changing her/his mind at some point.
I still say its a probable yes.

barbh:)
Actually, funnily enough, she (my sister) said that she had been really confused about which question she wanted to ask when she asked it, and afraid of the worst. I suppose this is represented in the chart. :p However, when she focused and asked a new question: if she and her boyfriend would be together forever, it seemed to be a definite yes, however obsessive the question may be (see attached chart).:p Her significator is Mars, his is Venus, conjunct in 5th house (Aries). Although Moon is detrimented in Capricorn and in Saturn's house, it is trining Saturn. And, although Moon is squaring both significators, Moon will apply to a trine with Sun (10th house significator, in the 7th house and end of the matter?) and Mercury. This is a positive outcome, yes?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_q_hp.84542.29004.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_q_hp.84542.29004.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Well, you need to figure out which chart to use. You only get to ask the question once, and you've already posted two charts here.
Otherwise, you're just confusing the question.
Again, I'd be cautious using the term 'forever' in a horary question.

barbh

normak

I'd go with the second one because when she asked the first one she had been simultaneously texting someone and was confused about how to ask the question or what to ask. This time, she was focused on it.

barbh said:
Well, you need to figure out which chart to use. You only get to ask the question once, and you've already posted two charts here.
Otherwise, you're just confusing the question.
Again, I'd be cautious using the term 'forever' in a horary question.

barbh

hiimnotcool

They won't be together forever. The second chart isnt a 'definitive yes' like you said either. How would you come to that conclusion? Venus won't catch up with Mars until it switches signs. In that time Mars will make an aspect to Jupiter which is called 'Frustration' which produces a No answer.

They have a good sex life at the moment though with both sigs in the 5th. Sorry man, looks like your sister is in for some disappointment. That always happens with human relationships though. They very rarely work.

normak

hiimnotcool said:
They won't be together forever. The second chart isnt a 'definitive yes' like you said either. How would you come to that conclusion? Venus won't catch up with Mars until it switches signs. In that time Mars will make an aspect to Jupiter which is called 'Frustration' which produces a No answer.

They have a good sex life at the moment though with both sigs in the 5th. Sorry man, looks like your sister is in for some disappointment. That always happens with human relationships though. They very rarely work.

I didn't actually conclude that it was a definite yes, that's why I asked if anyone agreed or disagreed with me. I will say, as an astrologer, it is never wise to make a statement such as "no, they will definitely never work out," just as it isn't wise to ask a horary question based on the concept of "forever." If my sister had read what you wrote, she may have decided to give up on a very positive, healthy relationship just because of your fatalistic response to her query. She does also have bouts of paranoia. However, a bit more delicate approach would likely be best. Things are never set in stone.

Actually, I've advised her to stop asking horary questions (particularly during a Mercury Retrograde). She asked the same question about two months ago and it was a definite "yes, they will be together forever." Also, she and her boyfriend have been together for quite a while and all the questions that have been answered negatively have had positive outcome. They have good synastry, and apart from her occasional paranoia, they trust and love each other. He just asked her to marry him over the last weekend, so they are now engaged. :D Also, horaries asked during a Mercury retrograde are rarely dependable. I've noticed that, with her, horaries re: her relationship, they tend to reflect whatever fears she is currently having, rather than showing a reliable outcome.

Last edited: