Should my friend go through with her pregnancy?

Baat

My friend asked me to cast a horary chart for her. She just missed her period and took 3 positive pregnancy tests. This would be her first child and she's hoping the stars have some insight.

astro-charts.com/chart/6d4efcc53

I know she's mars, almost exactly conjunct MC. The baby is Jupiter in Sag in the 2nd house, retrograde. Looks like the moon will translate the light from Jupiter to Mars, right? Is this indicating that it would turn out well if she went through with it?

Any help at all, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Obviously this is a time sensitive matter so quick responses would be helpful. Thank you again!

waybread

Can you clarify your question? Why is your friend considering an abortion? She may be completely clean/sober, but is there a concern about drugs or alcohol?

Assuming your friend is the querent, not you, the moon (her emotional stake in the matter) in Gemini applies to an opposition with Jupiter, the traditional ruler of Pisces (sign on the cusp of the 5th house of children.) An opposition usually indicates some difficulties in matter inquired about, but Jupiter (the child) is fairly strong in its own sign of Sagittarius, though retrograde. After that it the moon sextiles Mars. Mars is separating from Jupiter, so I would guess that your friend is not happy about the pregnancy and is inclined to terminate it.

An amateur astrologer cannot possibly tell your friend what she should do. Only she can make this decision, perhaps in consultation with the father, her doctor, or close family members. If her concern is with raising the child, vs. the pregnancy itself, adoption agencies and childless couples would love to hear from her.

Baat

Can you clarify your question? Why is your friend considering an abortion? She may be completely clean/sober, but is there a concern about drugs or alcohol?

Assuming your friend is the querent, not you, the moon (her emotional stake in the matter) in Gemini applies to an opposition with Jupiter, the traditional ruler of Pisces (sign on the cusp of the 5th house of children.) An opposition usually indicates some difficulties in matter inquired about, but Jupiter (the child) is fairly strong in its own sign of Sagittarius, though retrograde. After that it the moon sextiles Mars. Mars is separating from Jupiter, so I would guess that your friend is not happy about the pregnancy and is inclined to terminate it.

An amateur astrologer cannot possibly tell your friend what she should do. Only she can make this decision, perhaps in consultation with the father, her doctor, or close family members. If her concern is with raising the child, vs. the pregnancy itself, adoption agencies and childless couples would love to hear from her.

Her pregnancy was accidental, and she's feeling unsure if this is the right time. I should have clarified in the original post, she isn't basing her entire decision off of this, she's just a spiritual person, always been pretty indecisive, and is looking for any advice or guidance she can get. She already went to a psychic, he said he didn't see her having kids for another 2 or 3 years.

waybread

Baat, I am horrified that a "psychic" would take your friend's money for this type of "advice." Probably he could see her indecision and based his answer accordingly.

Only your friend can make this decision. She can make it in consultation with other people, but it is hers alone to make, and she can't place this responsibility on the stars, a psychic, or even a friend. If she is truly spiritual, she might try prayer.. I truly believe in a woman's right to choose an abortion, but the consequences either way are serious. There is a possibility of either strong regrets or happiness, either way.

Baat

The psychic was unaware of her current pregnancy. I find it odd that we can look to the stars to find our keys, determine the nature of our intimate relationships, and get clues to our future on any number of topics, but then we have to draw a line in the sand when it comes to this. She's had an abortion before and feels strongly that she made the right decision, and has never regretted it to my knowledge.

ElenaJ

My friend asked me to cast a horary chart for her. She just missed her period and took 3 positive pregnancy tests. This would be her first child and she's hoping the stars have some insight.

astro-charts.com/chart/6d4efcc53

I know she's mars, almost exactly conjunct MC. The baby is Jupiter in Sag in the 2nd house, retrograde. Looks like the moon will translate the light from Jupiter to Mars, right? Is this indicating that it would turn out well if she went through with it?

Any help at all, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Obviously this is a time sensitive matter so quick responses would be helpful. Thank you again!

This is obviously a very delicate topic, we are talking here not just about your friend but also about a new soul whose destiny has to be decided, and only she can make the final decision. Not easy. You don't mention how old she is, which also couldhave a bearing on her choice.
I recalculated the chart on astro.com, your wasn't very legible, and in fact some elements have changed with respect to the chart you posted.
Waybread made some very valid points, but with reference to the new chart she may or may not want to modify some comments.
Your friend is sexy scorpio in exactly the same degree as Jupiter, ruler of the 5th of children and the pregnancy. It is also trine north node, so she was subconsciously hoping to solidify the relationship with this pregnancy. The 5th is Jupiter as well as Neptune, who is trine the ascendent, so she feels good about it, although Neptune is nearby Nessus of suffering in the 4th, so this is going to effect her home life and family as well, creating a burden. Ruler of the 4th of home and family is saturn of duty and responsibility, sitting on south moon's node on the cusp of gossipy 3rd, so they will suffer once the news is made public.
Co-significator of the 5th is mars again, tying her in very tightly with the pregnancy, as well as mars ruling the 6th of health issues.
Mars is in the egotistical sign of Leo, separating from the trine with Jupiter, so she was really having a good time and not taking things seriously. Her partner is Venus who is at the last degree of family-oriented cancer, so exiting the scene shortly.
Moon in gemini approaches an opposition to Jupiter retrograde, where her sense of self esteem is in the balance. It also points to a financial burden, she might be counting on her partner to bear the brunt of this, but it's a groundless hope.
Chiron is in the 5th, bringing wisdom and knowledge with it. Sun in the 9th trines Chiron so her reputation would not be damaged by going to term.
The 9th from the 5th house would be the child's death house, and this is actually the ascendent, your friend, and Ceres is there, caring and nourishing in motherhood.
Given the number of ties between your friend and the pregnancy it seems difficult for her to terminate it, she is too involved with it.
However she would have to go it alone without counting on her partner, although her family might give her support in spite of the burden it creates for them.
As Waybread wrote, there are lots of alternatives, including adoption.
We don't know her age, whether she works and lives on her own, or lives with her family or is still attending school, and all these are also factors to consider.

Attachments

• Pregnancy.jpg
    Pregnancy.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 24

waybread

A very young woman might feel that she made the right decision to abort, with no regrets; but this doesn't mean she will or will not feel happiness or regrets at her current decision. If regret over an abortion now were not a possibility, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

With a second unwanted/unexpected pregnancy, I hope your friend will think more clearly about improving her birth control method in the future.

With moon opposite Jupiter, I don't think she will have an easy time, but the fetus, symbolized by Jupiter retrograde is turning towards the moon. (Mom) If your friend is very spiritual, she might try to communicate with it.

Baat

Wanted to update that my friend really struggled with this decision, and ultimately decided to terminate. I think this is shown in the chart by the fetus' signifier being retrograde, and moon in the 8th, house of death. I'm not sure when or if I will ever know if she regrets this decision, but my intuitive feeling is that she is likely to regret it, as the aspect between her and the pregnancy was going to perfect by TOL.