Four planets debilitated in my upcoming SR?

bellofon

Hello there,

So my birthday is just weeks away on November 22nd, so I've been studying my 2017-2018 SR chart since about the end of September to try and decipher what I can expect for the coming SR year.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts, as this is the first year I am taking the time to study it (because I didn't quite understand until now). Below, I will share some of my observations from the word document I've been compiling info inside. I've attached my SR + natal + with houses for easier viewing.

I do have a question about the houses: When the natal and SR charts are lined up like this, how does one interpret that. For example, my SR Sun is in the SR 3rd, which lines up with my natal 7th. Can I say, then, that the focus of my year will be communication (3rd) in relationships (7th)?

- Mars, Venus, Moon, and Mercury are all debilitated. And they're all personal planets! Not the greatest omen, I'm thinking. Mars square Pluto definitely isn't nice.

- Someone in reddit thread I posted awhile back said, about this chart, "Saturn/Mars—by itself—is indicative of latent physical danger" which is of course alarming to hear.

- Libra, my natal 5th, is brought to the ascendant. Mars is also here. Energy directed toward romance, entertainment, having fun, children, those fifth house things.

- All of my angles are in cardinal signs, meaning action is key this year. Saturn is conjunct my SR IC and opposing my SR MC.

Those were the main things I noticed; I would love to read your input.

Let me know if there are other charts/astrological objects you'd like to see.

Attachments

• astro_31gw_maison_2017114_hw.77330.3840.jpg
    astro_31gw_maison_2017114_hw.77330.3840.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello there,

So my birthday is just weeks away on November 22nd, so I've been studying my 2017-2018 SR chart since about the end of September to try and decipher what I can expect for the coming SR year.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts, as this is the first year I am taking the time to study it (because I didn't quite understand until now). Below, I will share some of my observations from the word document I've been compiling info inside. I've attached my SR + natal + with houses for easier viewing.

I do have a question about the houses: When the natal and SR charts are lined up like this, how does one interpret that. For example, my SR Sun is in the SR 3rd, which lines up with my natal 7th. Can I say, then, that the focus of my year will be communication (3rd) in relationships (7th)?

- Mars, Venus, Moon, and Mercury are all debilitated. And they're all personal planets! Not the greatest omen, I'm thinking. Mars square Pluto definitely isn't nice.

- Someone in reddit thread I posted awhile back said, about this chart, "Saturn/Mars—by itself—is indicative of latent physical danger" which is of course alarming to hear.

- Libra, my natal 5th, is brought to the ascendant. Mars is also here. Energy directed toward romance, entertainment, having fun, children, those fifth house things.

- All of my angles are in cardinal signs, meaning action is key this year. Saturn is conjunct my SR IC and opposing my SR MC.

Those were the main things I noticed; I would love to read your input.

Let me know if there are other charts/astrological objects you'd like to see.
Frequently members post that a Solar Return and/or
some long-awaited transit passed with no apparent event :smile:

and so
to determine which transits/Solar Returns are most important
consult your PROFECTIONS

below is a PROFECTION WHEEL
to confirm which house is the Profected Ascendant for the year
and then
the ruler of that Profected Ascendant
is your highlighted intensified planet
for one year

258rogg.jpg

Last edited:

bellofon

Frequently members post that a Solar Return and/or
some long-awaited transit passed with no apparent event
and so
to determine which transits/Solar Returns are most important
consult your PROFECTIONS

below is a PROFECTION WHEEL
to confirm which house is the Profected Ascendant for the year
and then
the ruler of that Profected Ascendant is your highlighted intensified planet
for one year

Omg I actually did some work on my profections around the same time I started looking over my SR chart. I got Mars as the Lord of the Year, and the chart you linked means I was right.

So the ruler is... Mars still, right? Aries? I'll be turning 22. Mars square Pluto being among its transits... one of the first...

JUPITERASC

Omg I actually did some work on my profections around the same time I started looking over my SR chart. I got Mars as the Lord of the Year, and the chart you linked means I was right.

So the ruler is... Mars still, right? Aries? I'll be turning 22. Mars square Pluto being among its transits... one of the first...
f you keep in mind that SYMBOLICALLY :smile:
A PLANET acts.
A HOUSE shows the area of life in which the planet acts
as well as
how strongly the planet can act.
and
A SIGN shows the quality of the planet's expression.
therefore
we can begin working from that idea and can build on it

i.e.

which planet?
in which house is the planet?
how comfortable is the planet in its sign?

By the way

An understanding of planetary dignity and debility
is useful for assessing how comfortable a planet is in a particular sign
HOW TO READ DIGNITIES WITH TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

to continue then
also consider

what does the planet rule in the chart?

A practical way to monitor transiting planets effects is to keep a journal
to assist with gradually understanding your own natal chart
these are FREE EPHEMERIS FILES online – invaluable TO CHECK CURRENT LOCATION
OF TRANSITING PLANETS http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

JUPITERASC

11th house profection year
MARS as the Lord of the Year aka LOY
and so
aspects to any natal planet by transiting MARS
as well as aspect to natal MARS by any transiting planet :smile:
are intensified
note that natal SAGITTARIUS MARS is being currently transited by SATURN

JUPITERASC

PROFECTING CHARTS explanation at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=319541#post319541
below is Culpepers summary on that thread of the methodology :smile:
That is how the profection works.
You count around the chart until you find the house of the year you want. Y
ou make that the first house.
In this new chart the planets in the new angles are strong and effective that year.
The planets that are found in cadant houses will be ineffective.
If the sect has changed take that into account as well.

The essential dignity stays the same.
The classical astrologers considered the so called accidental dignities to be more important
because they are horoscopic: That is part of the natal chart.
The essental dignities are zodiacal, and used to find the houses ruled by the planets.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Hello there,

did not understand?

mars gets debilated in cancer, venus in virgo, moon in scorpio, mer in pisces.

debilated planets make elevated aspect over the opp sign and promote those prospects, protective of the opp house.

hope this helps to begin with. best wishes.