Do You Feel the Winter Solstice Energies?

Arian Maverick

Seasons Greetings, everyone! :love:

I've created this thread for two purposes: to discuss the chart of the 2009 Winter Solstice and to ask if anyone strongly feels its energies.

I am eagerly awaiting Barbara Hand Clow's AstroFlash! report regarding the Winter Solstice, but until it's published, I'll note a few aspects which catch my attention:

• Sun conjunct Pluto in Capricorn square Saturn --> More changes to the infrastructure of the world economy
  • Retorgrade Mars in Leo oppose the Triple Conjunction in Aquarius
  • Mercury conjunct North Node in Capricorn
  • Venus square Uranus
I still need to ruminate over what the chart means, but I suspect it portends Theo's prediction of the Great Depression of 2010.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

R4VEN

AM, thanks for starting this thread. I note that Barbara Hand Clow's report is now up for anyone who is interested. I can really relate to what she says about the tr Moon forming conjunctions with each planet of the triple conjunction in the hours leading up to it reaching its solstice position of 27 deg Aquarius.

I have found this to be a very emotional time, as the `boundaries' are falling - it is having the effect like one would have if you removed some really dark, dark shades. Where I am it has been our summer solstice, and I felt things coming to a head over the past few weeks. The recent New Moon in Sag felt very powerful to me. We had an amazing electrical storm on the night of the New Moon, and my family and I sat out on the back verandah and basked in its brilliance.

piercethevale

Hey. I've been a practitioner of spiritual yoga since '68. I've been doing Hindu Sun Rites regularly/daily since 2002. I've also quite a collection of Sun Kochinas and Sun amulets, such as Egyptian Atons and Native American Tawas.
I've experienced a great benifit from a dedicated practice of this.
Read the story of Parsival as explained by Ravenscroft...one of Parsivals shortcomings was from neglecting his "Sun Rites" in the morning.
Thus said, this winter solstice is of a most exerberatin/injuvenatin'/motivatin' tonic to me.
And look at the Sabian Symbol from where Mars has just gone retro at...i.e. the 20th degree of Leo. "Zuni Indians Perform A Ritual To The Sun"...read my thread on this current Mars retro thing...I'm feeling it!

...also trans. Jupiter & Neptune are conj. my natal Moon and I.C. & trine my natal Saturn and Neptune & sextile natal Venus and Merc. ...Mars is conj. my natal Pluto & trine my natal Venus...Venus is trine my natal Merc.and trans. Merc. is trine my natal Sun...just a groooovin'...and still a bit of Pluto trining my natal Merc ...and Uranus trine Asc. and natal Uranus... & Saturn trine natal Mars and Jupiter....tata ttooooooo much!

Last edited:

piercethevale

ps...I must add to the above that a proper icon for the Aton is a beetle with the wings outspread [they MUST be "outspread" straight or curled upward] below a golden [or yellow] disk [the Sun]...makes for a great protection tatoo on the back on the upper right shoulder ...[the number one spot for a tatoo of protection as I have been told...don't have any tatoos myself..but if I were to get one that would be it...that or the Sanskrit OM.]

gemini59

Last night as the sun entered the first degree of Capricorn and is within a degree of Pluto my energy level immediately changed. I saw it coming earlier and for many the blending of pluto and the sun may be dramatic. It will be at my MC with Saturn and in trine to natal Pluto. My energy was more invigorating, more joyous and less serious. Well it may have been sun with pluto or could be too much chocolate and last christmas shopping done:)

07.Re

Last night as the sun entered the first degree of Capricorn and is within a degree of Pluto my energy level immediately changed. I saw it coming earlier and for many the blending of pluto and the sun may be dramatic. It will be at my MC with Saturn and in trine to natal Pluto. My energy was more invigorating, more joyous and less serious. Well it may have been sun with pluto or could be too much chocolate and last christmas shopping done:)

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL at your last sentance Cass!
(Tr Pluto and Sun are conjunct my natal Jupiter)

Arian Maverick

As per the second purpose of this thread, I would like to discuss briefly the effects of the Winter Solstice energies upon me and ask if others have had similar experiences.

I have a powerfully cardinal natal chart, with stellia in Aries and Capricorn, and my angles are all conjunct the Aries Point. Therefore, I usually feel the solstice and equinox energies quite powerfully, but this solstice seems to be in a class of its own. I've felt jammed for the past few months as transiting Saturn crossed my Descendant and formed an opposition to my natal Moon, but now, it's as if these stuck energies have been released. I feel creative, active--and I've been able to accomplish things I desired to do months ago. Within the past three days, I've thought of two ideas for major projects, and I've already taken steps to implement them. I feel confident that the future is full of potentials. In short, I feel how I suspect an Arian who does not have an afflicted stellium feels--or rather, I feel I can finally make productive use out of those pesky square aspects.

My energy was more invigorating, more joyous and less serious.

Ah, I see I'm not alone! :love:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

gemini59

Yes, yes,....we share at least one thing in common. I have Aries rising at 5 and MC at 3'38 Capricorn with Saturn in the 10th at 4 /Mercury in the 4th at 5 and nodes on AC/DC at 9 so I find it odd that this energy broke away some pent up energy. Saturn trines Pluto in natal chart so maybe this helps. I have been having some physical problems that are a tad disconcerting.Hopefully this is not going to be a big deal.

QuaOs

The Winter Solstice Sun was in my progressed 9th house (in 10th for natal), and conjunct my South Node.

This weak so far I feel quite depressed, while also feeling deep spiritual urge inside ... Yeah, seems I need some patience, and solitary meditation thru the New Year's night. :smile:

Last edited:

vanila

MMM....:sad:

I found the the Winter Solstice Sun is in my 12th house with Mercury, Venus, Pluto....Pluto and Venus are on my natal :neptune::opposition::sun::)sun::conjunct::mars:)...what can I say......:sick:...I feel very bad, empty, depressed .....and I even can't cry........like empty space ...I have no goal.....I'm not interested in nothing, I found alcohol very "helping".....and I can go on with the :sick:...but will stop here......

I'm expecting the 31st Full Moon and eclipse on my :sun: and :mars:....

:sick::sick::sick::sad::sad::sad:

jkxx74

Premium Member
Wow.. I had not bothered to put that configuration under the microscope but it looks really intense.. There's definitely been a shift in global political affairs since Pluto entered Cap some time ago, and I'm seeing more and more of the destruction of existing financial and other models. One of the interesting ones to watch is the plight of the record companies as they battle better and cheaper content distribution.

How did we get from an opposition (Saturn-Pluto) in 2001 to already a square in 2009? From what I've read that's one of the most disturbing transits there is, but I'll leave it to the more advanced members to interpret.

Personally, it's been very rocky but then there is too much going on besides the energies of the solstice to gauge things accurately.