Kentucky Derby

fensi88

Peter, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. Interesting approach!

Lapis

Many long years ago I trained professionally to be a jockey. It was great while it lasted. Anyway I just wanted to mention that all thoroughbred's are born around the same time each year to make it easier for the breeders and buyers etc. So, it'd be difficult I'd think to bother with the horses birth dates. They all get birthed during the late winter and early spring months.

Have fun and they're off!

Draco

Interesting analysis Peter,

The benefit of this hindsight operation is that when the next major horserace occurs, then we have a new idea as to how to go about trying to determine a winner.

all thoroughbred's are born around the same time each year

This is the trouble, because there are a lot of similarities between the different charts, meaning that the Moon and the angles take on ultimate importance.

It is very frustarting that few others than astrologists seem to care about or record the times at which something or someone is born. :(

Draco :wink:

AquariusMoon

Lapis said:
Many long years ago I trained professionally to be a jockey. It was great while it lasted.
Have fun and they're off!

Lapis, you're so fascinating! Wow, a flamenco dancer and a jockey!

Aquirata, awesome analysis from hindsight. Amazing to me that it works even using a noon chart.

Hey, everyone, this has been fun. I'll get a race schedule and maybe we can do better on the next biggie.

http://www.preakness.com/Admissions/
Preakness Stakes May 20

http://www.pimlico.com/06TripleCrownTrail.htm
Triple Crown

I found out the Preakness Stakes is in a few weeks. It's a big one. I think that's in Maryland, USA. About one month later is the Triple Crown, another biggie. I can't figure out where that will be or what date.

Thanks again,
AqMoon

aquirata

Goca,
No problem. I would have liked to do this before the race, but there was not enough time. Perhaps we can do another race in the near future.
Peter

aquirata

Lapis,

I don't see that as a big problem. In actual fact, most horses are foaled in the February-April timeframe, but it is not unusual to see December or June birthdates. If you go through the approach I have outlined, you will see that even a day or two will make a big difference.

Peter

aquirata

Draco,

Thanks, I try... :) It is something we can work through next time around. Since erecting the horses' charts and seeing how the various factors fall into place is fairly time consuming, I wouldn't want to do this a dozen times a day. But we should certainly look at major races through-out the year.

Regarding birth times, I think it's a lot better not to have them rather than trying to depend on unreliable times. I cannot imagine how accurate recordings could be taken in a barn.

Peter

aquirata

AqMoon,

Thanks - hindsight of course is always 20/20, but one has to start somewhere. Regarding noon charts, the only chance we are taking is the position of the Moon since we are not using the natal angles and house positions. So I would expect this to work more often than not. One idea would be to find out when during the day the majority of foaling occurs, and then set all charts around that time. Perhaps sunrise charts would work better if most births are at dawn.

The Preakness should be fun. Post time is 6:05 pm, and the racetrack is in Baltimore MD.

We could also do major UK races. The Irish 2,000 Guineas is on May 27, Tatersalls Gold Cup May 28, Oaks June 2, Derby June 3. So there are quite a few big races coming up in the next few weeks.

Peter

AquariusMoon

Peter, yes, should be fun and good practice. Your system looks brilliant. It will be fun to test :) I'm going to be gone the week prior to the Preakness, but will do what I can.

AqMoon

aquirata

OK, that's settled then. Look forward to the test myself! :) Until then, I will put up a few run-of-the-mill races from the UK to see how this method performs at the lower levels.

AquariusMoon

Sounds good to me!

I'm sure someone knows more about horseracing than me...but I'll start with some info about American horseracing. The big races are the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes (Baltimore, Maryland) and the Belmont Stakes (Belmont Park, New York), and then there's the Triple Crown. These all take place in May and June. I'm not sure where the Triple Crown is held. Maybe it's to be decided. I have someone I can ask later. Here's another link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/rah

AqMoon

Lapis

aquirata said:
Lapis,

I don't see that as a big problem. In actual fact, most horses are foaled in the February-April timeframe, but it is not unusual to see December or June birthdates. If you go through the approach I have outlined, you will see that even a day or two will make a big difference.

Peter

aquirata,

Well that'll learn me! I was thinking about this more from my horse side than my astrologer side I guess. :lol: I always thought that those random June foals were not included with the years crop of yearlings as possible racing contenders. I never thought to ask about them.

I remember ground working some Kentucky yearlings that were the size of Califorina's 2 year olds! I couldn't believe what monster sized babies they were.....and how beautiful with velvet coats. They made all the other thoroughbreds look like mutts! OK, I'll leave you numbers and astro wizards to it. :)

Arian Maverick & AquariusMoon,

Must be that Pisces Asc plus my desire to just do whatever I was facinated by....and so I did.

aquirata

Lapis,

Your insights on the racing side are valuable so please keep them coming. Unfortunately, big races are few and far between, which leaves us to deal with the mutts for most of the time... :)