Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

Bunraku

What's your take on why this pandemic started in the first place? Pure happenstance, or deliberate? Not sure about it myself.

What do you mean?
Typical it would come out of China’s wet market. Ebola started out the same, with bat meat.

I don’t think Trump or anyone could’ve done anything about it. China has severe issues with cleanliness and sanitation, all for a cheap buck.

david starling

What do you mean?
Typical it would come out of China’s wet market. Ebola started out the same, with bat meat.

I don’t think Trump or anyone could’ve done anything about it. China has severe issues with cleanliness and sanitation, all for a cheap buck.

So, you don't believe masking and distancing from the beginning would have helped?

Bunraku

So, you don't believe masking and distancing from the beginning would have helped?

With the way the Chinese handled it—probably not because they hid it and it spread everywhere during the holiday seasons. People who are tasked or involved with the handling of it just want their paycheck and to protect their own assets while leaving min wage workers to face it. It was doomed from the beginning. The CDC kept saying some very weird information that didn’t even make sense. Definitely not Trumps fault.

I think no one will ever be prepared for large scale disasters. How many years as it been since the last pandemic? People don’t remember how to deal with it. Resources are always stretched thin in any sort of disaster situation. Unless you want to spend a lot of resources stockpiling, and that’s when people say the government is hoarding supplies. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. No fault of Trump

Anyways As I support science I do wear masks. Amazon sells plenty of cute patterns. :)

Last edited:

david starling

You heard it here first!

Both Trump and Musk are extraterrestrial Aliens, and that makes them immune from Covid-19.

The "vaccinations" will implant invasive Alien DNA into the human body, which will become dominant and create a new race of Covid-immune hybrids.

Last edited:

waybread

Waybread are you going to tell me a person who won the hearts of many Americans and became the most powerful person NOT blessed karmically? He saved this country.

Yes. I am going to tell you that.

Donald Trump has not saved the country. Just the opposite.

He has severe personal problems, like his inability to tell the truth on any consistent basis.

I don't believe in karmic blessings-- or curses.

waybread

It doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong, it’s reality: your privacy is gone. :) no amount of tiny agreement sections or as blockers will help. Either you use VPN, Tor browser or a mixture of various security tools to fully enjoy privacy. These things are usually what people use if they’re into illegal activities, though.

You can think you have privacy all you want, but you don’t. Why do you desperately cling on to the past?

As for the population thing, it’s just culture it’s the future :)

You know when WiFi came out people kept saying ooh it’s the devil it’s gonna kill us all with its waves. Same thing with 5g.

Your room and gloom and wanting to turn things into a catastrophe is hindering you from achieving your true potential. Accept it and live your life.

This means nothing. Privacy and security breaches and leaks happen everywhere, not just your personalized settings. A lot of information such as SSN bank information etc. gets leaked in various places.
Algorithms designed to sap information are far more hidden and insidious.

I do not inhabit your amoral universe.

Please check your ageism. It is totally biased.

How old are you, Bunraku?

What "population thing"? Where did I mention WiFi or 5G?

You're confusing me with somebody else, yet again.

Oh, I get it. Anyone who disagrees with your embrace of a highly speculative technology must therefore believe in every conspiracy theory going???? And you're confusing me with those people???

Please explain in what way my privacy is gone such that it affects my everyday life-- about which you know next to nothing, incidentally.

In the past when banks operated with paper records, any bank official could access their customers' records by going to the file cabinet. We've heard about the olden days of telephone operators listening in on people's phone calls. Privacy breaches are not new, Bunraku. Just illegal in many cases.

What "doom and gloom"? Questioning the impact of one highly speculative technology is not synonymous with living a life filled with doom and gloom. Does not compute.

However, thanks to your extraordinary posts, I'm beginning to wonder if Elon Musk could develop a logical thinking microchip for you.

Last edited:

waybread

Donald Trump did not cause Covid-19 but he totally bungled the US response to it, with thousands of lives and sick people as a result.

Just as a basis of comparison, look at Canada's rates of CV-19. Adjusting for the population difference (Canada's population is about 11% of the US) Canadian rates of infection and death are significantly lower.

Canada: 148K cases, 9,242 deaths as of today. CAN population: 37.59 million.

USA: 7,284, 383 cases, 209, 155 deaths as of today. USA population: 328.2 million.

To pro-rate these figures using a quick-and-dirty 10% population figure for Canada/USA, Canada would have 728.4K cases instead of 148K, and 20.9K deaths instead of just over 9 thousand, if Canada had Donald Trump's level of health care non-solutions.

Why" Because Canadians take this stuff more seriously than Donald Trump and his fans have done. Canada also has a national/provincial health care system, that includes everyone.

waybread

With the way the Chinese handled it—probably not because they hid it and it spread everywhere during the holiday seasons. People who are tasked or involved with the handling of it just want their paycheck and to protect their own assets while leaving min wage workers to face it. It was doomed from the beginning. The CDC kept saying some very weird information that didn’t even make sense. Definitely not Trumps fault.

I think no one will ever be prepared for large scale disasters. How many years as it been since the last pandemic? People don’t remember how to deal with it. Resources are always stretched thin in any sort of disaster situation. Unless you want to spend a lot of resources stockpiling, and that’s when people say the government is hoarding supplies. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. No fault of Trump

Anyways As I support science I do wear masks. Amazon sells plenty of cute patterns. :)

Actually the US under President Obama did have protocols and stockpiles in place to deal with a pandemic, which medical scientists fully predicted could happen. Donald Trump simply downplayed the pandemic so that he wouldn't look bad.

He looks bad now, though.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...ok-for-trump-administration-officials-confirm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-obama-coronavirus-pandemic-response

waybread

I wonder why he did that though. He did not cause the pandemic, he should not have to fear that people would think that it is his fault.

Maybe his Mercury square Neptune?

Trump has also demonstrated that if scientific fact contradicts his narcissism, politics will win out.

david starling

I wonder why he did that though. He did not cause the pandemic, he should not have to fear that people would think that it is his fault.

Good point.

Also, why does he say that a U.S.A. death toll from Covid-19 of 240,000 would be well within the range of "a job well done" by his administration?

Last edited:

waybread

I think he's dumb as a fox, just a narcissist and sociopath. These are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe there's a microchip for that.

david starling

I think he's dumb as a fox, just a narcissist and sociopath. These are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe there's a microchip for that.

Well, I WAS thinking he's "crazy like a fox", but in light of recent developments, now I'm thinking that, in addition to being a narcissistic psychopath, he's also just plain crazy--no foxiness involved, just nihilism.