Would appreciate some assistance, please.

Shel

I'm at a rather transitional point in my life, and am just beginning to study astrology (past sun, moon and rising signs), and could really use some direction here. Some insight would be very helpful. Thank you for looking. My chart is below.

Shel

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_shel_hp_18474_4493.gif
    astro_2gw_01_shel_hp_18474_4493.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 45

Shel

Sorry that was so vague. Basically, I was wondering if anyone sees anything I might like to work on during a midlife transition. I'd like to use this period productively. The current transits were added by accident, sorry. Thanks for looking.

Slightmax

Well pluto just finished its last hit to your MC in sept '12, and if your birth time is very accurate pluto also went SD(stationary direct) on it. A lost of a Job? Or the Relocation of a job that separates you from family and friends. Even company take overs happen here.

The Jupiter Return in june '13 will be a nice relief, so it looks like if you did lose a job, you'll be getting a new one soon. If you didnt lose your job then all the upheaval will pay off, and you can do some traveling to see family.

The Jupiter return also could be a settlement or law suit could pay off.

Check your Progressed Moon and the cycle its in. House and sign placement and aspects it will make for may, june, and july. This will give you more info.

I just noticed that Jupiter transited your NN in July '12. Was this another Vacation?

Shel

Thanks, Slightmax. I appreciate the insight. No job loss, but extra work-related expenses showed up in Sept. I'll look into the progressed moon, like you suggested.

Thanks again,
Shel

waybread

Shel, one thing that popped out to me about your chart is that you are a strong "ninth chord" person. Planets, signs, and houses do have different meanings, but I also believe that sometimes there are strong correspondences in particular charts.

The 9th sign (Sagittarius): your sun, moon, and Mercury
The 9th house: your sun and moon
Jupiter (rules Sagittarius): aspects your sun and moon

The key word for this trio is "expanding horizons." They may expand literally in the sense that the 9th house rules overseas travel. They may expand intellectually in terms of higher education, the law, or published works of enduring value. Your horizons may expand spiritually through studying theology or developing a sense of faith in the universe to support you. On a physical plane, they relate to spatially extensive outdoor sports (think of the centaur (half-horse) who is also an archer.)

So anything you can do to expand these activities in your life should nurture your sense of self.

Last edited:

Shel

Thank you, waybread. I am working on my spiritual life. I think my saturn suggests humanitarian or charitable work, if I'm reading it right. :smile:

Shel

waybread

Could be. With your 9th chord emphasis, maybe overseas charitable work.

Saturn in the 12th is often cited as indicating a father who was literally or emotionally absent from the child's life. You've also got Pisces and Virgo as intercepted signs, meaning they don't form house cusps (at least not in Placidus-- they would in an equal house system.) Saturn's 12th house location in an intercepted sign can mean that it will be difficult to get a grasp of what Saturn really expects of you. But with a 12th house/6th house axis involving Pisces and Virgo, you shouldn't go too far off the mark by thinking in terms of altruism or helping people less fortunate than yourself.

Aquarius in the 11th can also suggest a humanitarian working through a group or organization.

Sagittarius, not so much. But it should be happy with overseas travel. Alternatively Sagittarius rules armchair travel, as well as mental and spiritual excursions.

The key is to get a sense of each planet's individual goals or end-point, as well as its assets and challenges. Then you can hopefully figure out a path to give each of them something of what it wants.

Shel

Thank you, waybread. I really appreciate the way you explained all of that. It made things easy to understand.

9 is my birth number, too. Hmmm.... off to investigate!

Shel

Last edited: