What does my fixed grand cross mean?

90percentstress

I've been studying astrology for a little while now and it honestly shocked me that I just never saw that I have a grand cross? I'm newer to aspects than I am to houses and planets so I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what you think of my grand cross in relation to the rest of my chart etc? any thoughts, opinions or insight are very welcome and appreciated <3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 4.28.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 4.28.58 PM.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 61

Cary2

Banned
Your Grand Cross deals mostly with your love life, but if you are an artist (quite likely), it also refers to that. If you are in the beauty field, then it will have something to say about that as well.

It describes painful things. There are tensions and separations. There are delays and inhibitions. There is depression.

A happy marriage is not out of the question, but there is significant challenge in the way.

You may feel that you must give more than you share to a relationship to make it work.

There is a very uneasy compromise between personal freedom and autonomy and between intimate devotion.

90percentstress

Your Grand Cross deals mostly with your love life, but if you are an artist (quite likely), it also refers to that. If you are in the beauty field, then it will have something to say about that as well.

It describes painful things. There are tensions and separations. There are delays and inhibitions. There is depression.

A happy marriage is not out of the question, but there is significant challenge in the way.

You may feel that you must give more than you share to a relationship to make it work.

There is a very uneasy compromise between personal freedom and autonomy and between intimate devotion.

Thanks so much for your words! super interesting to hear about love life, it didn't even occur to me that this could be contributing to that. I'm not an artist by career or anything but my hobbies are very creative! If there is anything else you're reading about my love life I'd love to hear more. It's true i have struggled a lot in the area and am currently struggling. I keep waiting hoping that things will come around and I'll be ready when it happens because I have a Leo venus in 8th that I love and a scorpio moon.

Frisiangal

The Dutch school(s) of thought through which I was taught compared a grand cross to the sails of the old-fashioned windmill. If the sails remain still, nothing happens. They have to move to provide some kind of action to get things going, which involves Air = thought.
(I wonder how this is reflected in the modern 3 sail windmills! Effect of a grand trine???:smile :))

Your chosen pseudonym may say much about your reflection (Moon) upon life (Sun). The soft aspects are inherent traits; the harsh aspects are often the literal spokes in the wheel referring to 'what has to be worked out and upon'.
For a Virgo and Earth influence, if everything is in its place and can be relied upon to function and work as Virgo requires, that's fine. It's when a person becomes 'too fixed' (grand cross) in how things should work out, and/or there is a lack of 'fixity', that a grand cross can show signs of getting stuck in one's ways. The grand cross shown is also in the fixed houses!!!!

Sun is all about 'Self'. The Moon is all about one's expectations and reflections of others through their actions towards one's self. Moon may well do so, yet cannot expect everyone to be, think, feel and act in the same way as they do themselves.
It is Moon that is on the grand cross. It's here that the 'friction' of the grand cross can find its cause.

Other aspects , including the lone Mars-Pluto conjunction (rulers of Scorpio) play their parts. When you understand the functional nature of the planetary aspects working within you, you will hopefully be able to get the grand cross moving in the manner it should. :smile:

I also have a grand cross in fixed signs in my natal chart and found this thread interesting and helpful! My sun is at 29 deg of Pisces and is not involved in the cross. I now wonder if I need more of a fixed purpose,method,direction in order to address the grand cross. Thanks!

It's when a person becomes 'too fixed' (grand cross) in how things should work out, and/or there is a lack of 'fixity', that a grand cross can show signs of getting stuck in one's ways. The grand cross shown is also in the fixed houses!!!!

Frisiangal

I also have a grand cross in fixed signs in my natal chart and found this thread interesting and helpful! My sun is at 29 deg of Pisces and is not involved in the cross. I now wonder if I need more of a fixed purpose,method,direction in order to address the grand cross. Thanks!

It's when a person becomes 'too fixed' (grand cross) in how things should work out, and/or there is a lack of 'fixity', that a grand cross can show signs of getting stuck in one's ways. The grand cross shown is also in the fixed houses!!!!

I'm a yoga teacher of 20 years and am happy to answer any yoga related questions. I love to share the knowledge I've gained through teaching and practicing yoga.

From the introduction of yourself above, yet without a chart to view for planetary positions on the grand cross, I'd be inclined to think that you have managed to provide a very plausible use of the fixed grand cross meaning in your profession as a yoga teacher; very much a Pisces 'type' influence?

As the Sun moves forward approx. 1 degree a year in life, and you have been teaching yoga for 20 years, it might be reasonable to think that, according to your age, you are well into the Taurus period of Sun's expression; that of being able to apply and build upon its physically tangible, practical ways to reach and touch 'Spirit'. Each planet on the grand cross will have been .... or is still to be .... activated.

If Sun has since moved into the Gemini (meaning over 60 yrs old) period of life, the self questioning within this sign may well be looking back to discover what it has learnt from the physically tangible application Taurus applies/applied. Yet Gemini is not a sign that deals with the physical; it is an AIR sign that works through the abstract mental of nature. As a consequence, you could be asking what it is that you can yet learn (and teach) to enable the fixed cross to work at another level for you.
As said previously, the sails of the mill need air to get and keep them in motion.:smile:

Fascinating! Thanks so much for your in depth reply. I really learned a lot from what you wrote. I hadn't looked at my progressed chart yet so I just checked and I have the sun at 10 degrees of Taurus now which is conjunct my natal Chiron. I also just got to know a lovely person who has Mercury at that same degree and Venus at 11 degrees of Taurus. So interesting!! I am about to be 41 years old but your discussion of the progressed sun moving into Gemini has me looking forward to my 60s haha. Thanks again, it's so lovely to learn and be taught. I appreciate what you shared with me.

Harmelia

I've been studying astrology for a little while now and it honestly shocked me that I just never saw that I have a grand cross? I'm newer to aspects than I am to houses and planets so I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what you think of my grand cross in relation to the rest of my chart etc? any thoughts, opinions or insight are very welcome and appreciated <3

Squares provide much tension for personal growth. Without them, life can be pretty boring. A Grand Square usually gives a person a whole lot of ability to grow in some big ways - it keeps the pressure on so that the person is forced to grow and change. Therefore, they can be quite exciting and meaningful to a person.

Since your Saturn - the Lord of Karma - is in Taurus, 5th house (Leo's natural house)- you have had a tendency to not like change so much. Saturn does not like to change and Taurus likes it simple, easy, peaceful and pleasant. A part of you would like to keep it that way. The 5th house is self-identity. So, in my mind, the Grand Square is to help Saturn and Taurus loosen up their stubborn resistance to change.

Then the ruler of the Saturn in Taurus is Venus (conjunct North Node) - and it is in Leo (self-identity) in the 8th house of personal transformation.

Then, the Moon is in Scorpio (along with Chiron saying there's a problem here), the natural sign of the 8th house, in the 11th - where you need and want to separate yourself out from cultural norms - and social pressures to fit in or belong.

Then, Uranus, the "I've got to be me" planet - is in Aquarius in the 2nd house of self-concept, self-value or worth. It is the sign and ruler of the 11th house natural sign and ruler. And the South Node past life wound is conjunct Uranus.

The thing is, in your past life - you were an outsider, different - and you were judged because of it. This is a wound. In this life, it isn't that you want to give up being unique, but you do want to not fear being unique while also fitting in socially, so you can succeed in the world. It's part of the healing you are doing in this life. You are developing a self-identity that is both embracing of your unique qualities while also having qualities that make you socially engaging and charming. You're after a win-win.

When someone is harshly judged, and ostracized, it isn't easy to overcome it. This Grand Square is going to keep you working on it so that it is healed in time and you will be able to successfully share yourself - a unique, shinging light - with the world and be positively recognized and loved for who you are..

Last edited: