Do I have a urethral stricture?

Vista

Hi,
I have had recurrent bladder infections, along with a bladder disease called interstitial cystitis. The past two months I have had pain in the urethra, which will subside temporarily with antibiotics then reoccur. I am either on the wrong antibiotic, which is possible or I am thinking I have an "urethral stricture" which could cause recurrent bladder and now urethral infections.

Ok...not sure what would rule the urethra. I suppose female organs? Venus??

Mercury (Me) weak in cadent 6th house approaching via combusta with the Sun. Interestingly, the Sun is also conjuncting the modern bladder ruler Mars who is strong in it's own sign. How interesting that the chart(in my mind)clearly shows my ongoing bladder issues.
Jupiter would rule the Bladder(7th h) and it's sitting in the 8th house in it's fall.
Venus rules the 12th and is ruler of female organs in the angular 7th House and is unaspected.

Moon in the cadent 12th and is also ruler of "hidden matters" with a separating opposition to Mercury, then approaching an opposition to Sun and Mars.

I am a little stumped, but if i look at the Moon, which rules "action" opposite, but separating from my Mecury who is under the Suns beams and approaching a conjunction to Sun and Mars the answer should be "no." What's more, according to Lilly; "beware of all judgments, when the significator of the question is either combust, or in opposition to the Sun, he will signify nothing of the matter, no good, nor is he able to bring anything to perfection.

So this this suggests a "no" answer, which in this case is what I want.
If I take it one step further, Moon in the house of hidden matters having a separating opposition with my significator in the 6th house of health tells me that the problem is still hidden? Mecury does sextile the Jupiter, ruler of the bladder, but then runs into the Sun the Mars.
Aaaahhhhh how to read this!! :34:

Am I missing the boat on this one? :confused:

Vista

Attachments

• Do i have a urethral stricture.doc
    74 KB · Views: 32

starlink

Hi Vista, well, in the "Rulership Book" of Rex Bills, Urethral stricture falls under Scorpio, so I would look at Mars only as significator. And look at that! Mercury, Sun and Mars all in the 6th house, ruled by Scorpio, how incredibly exact horary can be! Mercury and Mars both under the influence of the burning rays of Sun, in my opinion also shows a NO. But what can it be then?

From these 6th house placements it is clear that you DO have a medical problem though. Sun and Mercury in 6 show physical weakness or a medical problem, so I would go back to the doctor. Problem always is that here in Switzerland they always send the test to the lab, takes 3-4 days and in order to have that test done, you are not allowed to take anti-biotics beforehand otherwise the test cannot show which bacteria is the culprit.
Just taking anti-biotics as soon as you feel something is therefore not good because firstly it can be the wrong one and secondly it could make you immune against it. Better is to run straigth away to the doctor, meanwhile drink yourself silly with cranberry juice and other homeopathic stuff (I have a fantastic one called Cystinol N , syrup made from the leaves of some berry) but I dont know if you can get that in the US. Have a look in the internet, maybe you can find some info on it.

I know all about your problems, having them myself and strangely enough also these last couple of weeks and the same question came to my mind as well! I am scheduling a doctor's appointment for next week anyways because I am getting fed-up with this. Ever since my bladder operation way back in 1995 I am having recurring infections and worst of all, I am by now immune against most anti-biotics, having them used ALL over the last years.

I believe my problems are seen in the Pluto-Moon-Sun (in 6) Tsquare I am having and Asc. in Scorpio. Mars, traditional ruler of Scorpio is very strong in Aries, but inconjuncts (illness aspect) my Moon in Scorpio. (so I think bladder problems is more a Moon thing than a Venus thing if you ask me). All very fitting.

Hope you get better soon!

Cheers, Starlink

Vista

starlink said:
Hi Vista, well, in the "Rulership Book" of Rex Bills, Urethral stricture falls under Scorpio, so I would look at Mars only as significator. And look at that! Mercury, Sun and Mars all in the 6th house, ruled by Scorpio, how incredibly exact horary can be! Mercury and Mars both under the influence of the burning rays of Sun, in my opinion also shows a NO. But what can it be then?

From these 6th house placements it is clear that you DO have a medical problem though. Sun and Mercury in 6 show physical weakness or a medical problem, so I would go back to the doctor. Problem always is that here in Switzerland they always send the test to the lab, takes 3-4 days and in order to have that test done, you are not allowed to take anti-biotics beforehand otherwise the test cannot show which bacteria is the culprit.
Just taking anti-biotics as soon as you feel something is therefore not good because firstly it can be the wrong one and secondly it could make you immune against it. Better is to run straigth away to the doctor, meanwhile drink yourself silly with cranberry juice and other homeopathic stuff (I have a fantastic one called Cystinol N , syrup made from the leaves of some berry) but I dont know if you can get that in the US. Have a look in the internet, maybe you can find some info on it.

I know all about your problems, having them myself and strangely enough also these last couple of weeks and the same question came to my mind as well! I am scheduling a doctor's appointment for next week anyways because I am getting fed-up with this. Ever since my bladder operation way back in 1995 I am having recurring infections and worst of all, I am by now immune against most anti-biotics, having them used ALL over the last years.

I believe my problems are seen in the Pluto-Moon-Sun (in 6) Tsquare I am having and Asc. in Scorpio. Mars, traditional ruler of Scorpio is very strong in Aries, but inconjuncts (illness aspect) my Moon in Scorpio. (so I think bladder problems is more a Moon thing than a Venus thing if you ask me). All very fitting.

Hope you get better soon!

Cheers, Starlink
Hi Starlink,
Thank you for your response! How interesting that you are experiencing the same sort of problem! Have you ever looked into "interstitial cystitis" and "Hypothyroid" for yourself? I have done a lot of research on the subject and have found that many people get iC following surgery. Hypothyroid in many cases is also brought on by some trama such as surgery, child birth, and a bad infection of some sort. The very, very common thread to interstitial cystitis, as well as recurrent UTI's are hypothyroid, chronic fatigue, Fibro Myalgia, and Lyme disease(and its co infections). I just started going to a new doctor for my thyroid and IC problem. He has been studying thyroid disease for 30 years (currently writing a book) and truely believes that once your thyroid is under control is will allieviate most of the other problems, i.e. IC, Chronic Fatigue, etc. He has helped hundreds of patients with the same problem that I have. The problem with traditional thyroid testing(TSH test) is that the scale used is so VAST that your thyroid has to be practically dead before it is detected as low in standard lab testing. You need every part of the thyroid tested, T4, T3, Reverse T3, etc. What's more, even if they do detect a thyroid problem with their inefficient tests, taking T-4(synthroid, Unithryoid, etc.), which is standard protocol is not enough. You need T-3 too; actually T-3 is more important than T-4. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? 1 in 3 women have this disease. One other thing I would like to say is that even if you fall within the "normal" range and the thyroid testing scale, it might not be normal enough for your body to function properly. In other words, you could take thyroid medicine and bring your level up and still fall within the normal range on the scale, yet you feel better. Anyway a quick way to check and see if there is an issue is to take your temperature. If it is consistently below 98.6 degree which is normal(I don't know what it would be called in Switzerland) then most likely you have a problem. In addition, to double check this look in the mirror and stick out your tongue. If there are "ridges" or"teeth imprints" down the side of your tongue this is another significant indication of low functioning thyroid. I just went to a new doctor for he first time last week. He really helped my girlfriend a lot. I am in the process of doing some in depth testing at a research institute he sends the lab work too. He is also testing me for a mycoplasma, which is a bacteria most likely floating around in my blood. This bacteria is very common in women with hypothyroid, and will prevent any medication or nutrients from being fully absorbed into the body. As far as my bladder problem, I have posted about this on the forum before, however, the pain in my urethra is a new development and happened while I was on antibiotics for the UTI.:rolleyes: The urethral pain seems to be separate in that the UTI was cured but the Urethral pain wasn't. I started a different antibiotic for that and it went away temporarily, then came back. Clearly the wrong antibiotic, however, I cannot get tested until the antibiotics are out of my system. I suspect I have urethritis, which is hard to cure. It's so frustrating, and yes you are right that I am becoming immune to some antibiotics. I have really been getting into more holistic medicine and teas and along with my new doctor and hopeful(albeit somewhat worried and even depressed at times) I will be able to cure myself eventually. Many doctors believe IC is a neuro-inflammatory disease or it's coming from unknown cause and considered "incurable." I don't believe this. They just simply treat the symptoms rather than look for the underlying problem. I believe there is a root cause such as a low grade infection or health problem that cannot be detected on a traditional lab tests. My doctor also mentioned that with unsuccessful treatment of hypothyroid, the lining of the bladder has a tendency to "slough off" more rapidly than it should leaving the bladder lining raw and exposed. This would seem to make sense in terms of recurrent UTI's and IC problems.

From an astrological standpoint, natally I have a Venus square Uranus, which is clearly thyroid with something else unknown. I also have an unaspected Mars in the 6th house, which I attribute to the bladder issues and an inconjunct with Saturn and Jupter. I thik this shows inflammation and restriction. Pluto and Uranus also sit inside the 6th H too and oppose Jupiter. Mars rules my Aries Ascendant so it's particularly strong in my case. I have a natal grand trine from my Moon, Neptune, and Jupiter, or a somewhat sloppy Kite with my Sun opposing the Moon and sextiling Jupiter and Neptune. Sun also Trines Pluto. I believe this combination will give me the perserverance to heal myself eventually and possibly help other people with similar problems. Unfortunatly, I have had Neptune opposing Mars on and off all year and thoughout 2009. I think this has been responsible for bringing this all to a head, so to speak. What's more, in my progressed chart I have Neptune sitting in my 6th house squaring Saturn(infection and the wrong antibiotic) and Piscies Moon/Chrion 10th H opposing Pluto in the 4th.
In my book "Delineation of Progressions" it says for progressed Moon in Pisces: "Perhaps an illness that is hard to define, or they cannot tolerate a certain drug that can be of benefit to them." Also, " The native must use care in the handling of prescription drugs. Take only those prescribed by the family physician. Re-check your prescription given to you by the pharmacist for possible error." There is more about hospital stays but I will refrain for now. Seems fitting, doesn't it?;)

If you think there is anything that I have said that might ring true for you, I would be happy to send you some links on the research I have done on the subject. Perhaps it will be helpful? If not, maybe someone else who is also in pain will see this post and will identify their own problem.

I hope you find the root cause to your problem too!!

Thank you again for your support and quick responses. :)
Vista

Vista

I wrote you a ridiculously long reply and still forgot to mention that I looked up cystinol. ;) It kept coming up in another language so I couldn't read much about it. I do know that Oregano oil in it's pure form is an excellent natural antibiotic. LOL! Also, D Mannose is really good to as a preventative for bladder infections. I just ordered both tonight, along with another product. Since I have IC thrown in, cranberry is actually bad for me and will put me in pain. I did a lot of research on cranberry and found many controversial issues with it not being good for bladder infections. Supposedly it makes it worse because it makes the urine more acidic, which bacterial seems to likes. The reason you will not see the controversial writings out there is that there are so many products on the market that use cranberry in their formulas to promote bladder health. It's about the money. The other thing that I wasn't aware of is that the bacterial in the bladder or urethra(e coli and others) can survive antibiotic treatment and hibernate within the cells. Just a few bacteria left in the body can mutate and cause a relapse, which you and I seem to have a problem with. Here is website that I ordered the Oregano and another product they have for bladder support. More importantly, read the articles the guy has written before he talks about Oregano Oil and his UTI product. It is really an eye opener and certainly fits the problems I have had.

http://www.remedy-bladder-infection.com/oregano.html

Vista

starlink

Wow Vista, thanks so very much for all your information. I almost feel like printing this all out and show my doctor! Will study it more lateron, I am a bit hectic at the moment. The temperature thing is very interesting. Always very low! Many thanks and I too hope you will find a solution for your problems!
I might come back with other remarks but have no time right now.

Cheers,Starlink.

aquarius7000

Hi Vista,

If you like, put your chart up on the 'Medical Astrology' board. It could get you another kind of insight into your health problem(s).

Btw, to my knowledge, urinary complaints in general are ruled by Venus, the bladder is ascribed to Sco- so Mars, the ureters are ruled by the sign of the Twins- Gemini- so Merc.

All the best,
:)aquarius7000

Vista

aquarius7000 said:
Hi Vista,

If you like, put your chart up on the 'Medical Astrology' board. It could get you another kind of insight into your health problem(s).

Btw, to my knowledge, urinary complaints in general are ruled by Venus, the bladder is ascribed to Sco- so Mars, the ureters are ruled by the sign of the Twins- Gemini- so Merc.

All the best,
:)aquarius7000
Thank you Aquarius for the suggestion and the information on rulerships. I am going to pick up the "Rulership BooK" by Rex Bills. I have approximately 75 books or so on astrology, but none seem to be very detailed about body part rulerships other than A to Z Astrology.

Warmly,
Vista:D